Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 2,041 to 2,052 of 2052

Thread: General Religion Thread: Unto the End of Days...

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean much since free thought groups are usually locally supported and run, so there are thousands.

Just be wary of groups that look for money up front. The best atheist, atheist-friendly and free thought groups are non-profits.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

day-to-day Midget Division
    Yeah, I'm not giving them any money to chat with people and listen to a speaker. They've got an optional breakfast brunch followed by the speaker. I'd show up for the speaker (if an interesting topic) and hang out afterward if there are any interesting thoughts/people.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Go for it. The good thing about there being so many groups is you can often try a bunch to see if you really enjoy any of them more than others.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I appreciate your thoughts, Phil. Can't hurt to try

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

"Vatican defrocks top US cardinal McCarrick over sexual abuse allegations"
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/th...ntl/index.html

I'm horrified with how long the Catholic church has protected various members of the clergy... and how long abuse cases have festered. Acting on pedophilia is always wrong.

If masturbation is a sin, or dirty... and holy men are supposed to be celibate.... lots of sexually repressed folks have resorted to criminally deviant behavior.

I don't think it's at all hyperbolic to say, objectively, that the Roman Catholic Church is a criminal cabal of sexual predators and pederasts. What's terrifying is if it were any other organization — even another religious organization — I think they would have been bankrupted into oblivion by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division
    RICO (Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) and other charges would pour forth were it another enterprise and/or we took the protection of children seriously. Last week, ho hum, recognition that priests have sexually abused nuns for pretty much a thousand years.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think it's at all hyperbolic to say, objectively, that the Roman Catholic Church is a criminal cabal of sexual predators and pederasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    It is absolutely hyperbolic, because it's a sweeping generalization of like 70 millions people based on a percentage of a percentage that are "criminals." You can do that with any group. It's like saying that atheists are a criminal cabal of mass murderers, because of Jeffrey Dahmer, Cho Seung Hui, Devin Kelley, and Jared Loughner.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    It is absolutely hyperbolic, because it's a sweeping generalization of like 70 millions people based on a percentage of a percentage that are "criminals." You can do that with any group. It's like saying that atheists are a criminal cabal of mass murderers, because of Jeffrey Dahmer, Cho Seung Hui, Devin Kelley, and Jared Loughner.
    I didn't say that Catholics are a criminal cabal. I said the Roman Catholic Church—an institution—is. As evidenced by the mounting cases of sexual abuse dating back decades that are being levied at their feet.

You're conflating my condemnation of the organization with it's base members. They're (mostly) unrelated in this case.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

I didn't say that Catholics are a criminal cabal. I said the Roman Catholic Church—an institution—is. As evidenced by the mounting cases of sexual abuse dating back decades that are being levied at their feet.

You're conflating my condemnation of the organization with it's base members. They're (mostly) unrelated in this case.
    The members are the institution.

No, the members are members. The institution operates as a geopolitical organization with roots all over the world.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

No, the members are members. The institution operates as a geopolitical organization with roots all over the world.
    The roots are the members. The organization dies tomorrow if, all of a sudden, the members stop donating and volunteering. It's like separating a politician who votes against gun regulation from his doners and voters.