Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: General Religion Thread: Unto the End of Days...

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

General Religion Thread: Unto the End of Days...

Keep it all in here, folks.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    All glory to Henrik, our lord, king and savior.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    God dammit...

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I'll wait... I think I'm outnumbered right now.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    With everyone getting hurt latly, I think we are close to the end.

Thumbs up Supreme Court rules for anti-gay church over military funeral protests

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/02/sco...rch/index.html

A Kansas church that attracted nationwide attention for its angry, anti-gay protests at the funerals of U.S. military members has won its appeal at the Supreme Court, an issue testing the competing constitutional rights of free speech and privacy.

The justices, by an 8-1 vote, said Wednesday that members of Westboro Baptist Church had a right to promote what they call a broad-based message on public matters such as wars. The father of a fallen Marine had sued the small church, saying those protests amounted to targeted harassment and an intentional infliction of emotional distress.

"Speech is powerful. It can stir people to action, move them to tears of both joy and sorrow, and -- as it did here -- inflict great pain. On the facts before us, we cannot react to that pain by punishing the speaker," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote for the majority.
    Ugh.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

@billmaher: Wow, just read the pope now says Jews NOT guilty of killing Jesus. May still do time in hell for stealing memorabilia
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division Greggy Gloom's Avatar
    My religious/political views have changed so much, just in the last year. Sometimes I wonder why I am still a practicing Catholic. All Christian religions are nothing but hypocrisy. For a religion whose namesake never spoke nothing but peace, there sure is a lot of hate rhetoric. I have a few deeply devout Jewish friends, and I tend to feel more comfortable around them than people in my own religion. I find that they do not judge me, and their religious lives are driven by studying the Torah and being tolerant of everyone and not hate speech. That's why I laugh when people call out Islam for being a violent religion. Take a look in the mirror. All religion is going to lead to the destruction of the world one day. I've been teaching my CCD students more about love and being kind toward others as Jesus did, and less about the religion and bible. They were deeply touched by a holocaust lesson I taught over a three week span last month. For the first time in their lives they got to see what hatred could so, and I was shocked by how well they handled it.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."- Gandhi. Truer words never spoken.

Whiskey Girl Midget Division BleedzNYRBlue's Avatar
    Chemical composition of Holy Water = H2OMG

lol stole this from my girlfriend on FB.
    Hidden Content
    Mirror, Mirror on the wall...What the #&*@ happened??

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome Wasn't Built in a Day View Post
    they SHOULD be able to do it. they should just not be able to do it anywhere near the funerals.

Banned Mite Division Pastor Of Muppets's Avatar
    Yaldabaoth, the creator of Earth has damned us all for his amusement. Believe in The Bringer of Light and the true God will rise again!

This Wednesday begins the greatest gimmick of the Christian calendar, the 40 day period known as Lent. The one time every year where "Christians" who only go to church twice a year get to pretend to be real practitioners of said religion by making the supreme sacrifice of not eating meat on Fridays and giving something up for the duration.

As someone who donates hundreds of hours a year teaching this religion to a bunch of brats who don't give a shit, I suppose that is not enough. What shall I give up? It used to be soda when I was little, but I don't drink soda anymore. Last year was cigarettes, but I don't smoke anymore. I could give up chemistry class, but that would really be detrimental to my GPA. I don't eat as much meat as I used to, so maybe that perhaps? I really don't know.

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    As more and more people move away from believing, I feel like I've come closer to hope that there is something. Not as a part of organized religion, maybe not even a God or a deity or something bigger, but I do feel that sometimes the Universe unfolds as it intends to.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    As more and more people move away from believing, I feel like I've come closer to hope that there is something. Not as a part of organized religion, maybe not even a God or a deity or something bigger, but I do feel that sometimes the Universe unfolds as it intends to.
    There IS something. I have witnessed it myself since I started doing paranormal investigations. I'm going to create a paranormal thread.

Whiskey Girl Midget Division BleedzNYRBlue's Avatar
    I always give up chocolate, never coffee...the whole purpose is for me to suffer, not everyone else! LMAO!
    Hidden Content
    Mirror, Mirror on the wall...What the #&*@ happened??

Mia San Mia BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggy Gloom View Post
    There IS something. I have witnessed it myself since I started doing paranormal investigations. I'm going to create a paranormal thread.
    you and wolfgaze need to hang out.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluephoria

you and wolfgaze need to hang out.
    They do. With Arodabino.

Mia San Mia BSBH Prospect
    Hah Right. I'd love to record that conversation. Now THAT shit is paranormal.

At least I've actually done investigations. I don't even watch ghost shows cause for the most part, they're full of shit. "Ghost Hunters" is alright but even they stretch it.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    I am of the opinion that there is something out there, but it's not dictated by a bunch of Islamic-Judeo-Christian fairy tales. Religion in the institutional sense served a purpose. It kept people in order and obedient. We are past that now. People have the freedom to differentiate religion and faith, but many fail to do so. The church itself recognized this, which is why you dont hear the word Hell being thrown around anymore. They have figured out that faith is stronger than these events that may or may not have happened.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast