Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: The Ignore Tool

  1. #41
    Boom BSBH Prospect
    NYRangers92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    19,310
    Rep Power
    76
    No, I'm saying that if someone else who isnt ignoring that person quotes them I will still be able to see what that post was that I didnt want to see.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Midget Division
    BlueJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,634
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I do as well, but I'm afraid for those that aren't really liked around. For some reason, I feel that way for myself - if a group of people ignored me because they simply didn't like my posts then what's the point of being in a forum anymore? Almost like the clique thing you were talking about before
    Hence why I have reservations about joining a forum that has it... I understand its need for sure in some instances, just not a fan for exactly the reason you gave.
    You can fix stupid, you can't use stupid as an excuse. -Mikey37

  3. #43
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I do as well, but I'm afraid for those that aren't really liked around. For some reason, I feel that way for myself - if a group of people ignored me because they simply didn't like my posts then what's the point of being in a forum anymore? Almost like the clique thing you were talking about before
    People aren't going to physically put you on their ignore list just because they don't "like" your posts. It's a tool to be used if you constantly butt heads with another user and can never find middle ground, and either one of you is about to break a rule.

    No one has to be forced to read anything anyone else has to say.

  4. #44
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    40
    I really don't think I need to ignore anyone except the one guy I had it out with but don't see him post anymore lol

    But I do like the feature

  5. #45
    Banned Midget Division Greggy Gloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,708
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the reminder. Guess I'll be talking to myself from now on.

  6. #46
    Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    8,288
    Rep Power
    20
    I hate to use the "ignore", cause I always want to at least try to understand other opinions. In fact I never used it anywhere until an infamous political discussion on WBB a few months back, hope it will take a while till I have to use it again.

  7. #47
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,166
    Rep Power
    186
    Is there a way to prune all posts from someone you ignored? It's a useless feature when people keep quoting

    (im trying to be mature and utilize the feature)
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  8. #48
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,818
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Is there a way to prune all posts from someone you ignored? It's a useless feature when people keep quoting

    (im trying to be mature and utilize the feature)
    I don't understand what you are asking. To prune posts from someone you ignored? Pruned posts is a database tool to remove data.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #49
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,166
    Rep Power
    186
    Wrong word then, but not see anything that person posts. So like recursive ignoring
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  10. #50
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,818
    Rep Power
    354
    No, there's not much that can be done there. If you have someone on ignore, it'll ignore that users' posts, but won't not show the quoted posts. No work-around there. None that I know of, at least.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #51
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,580
    Rep Power
    259
    In other words, if I had Jimmy on ignore, I'd still see this when you respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Is there a way to prune all posts from someone you ignored? It's a useless feature when people keep quoting

    (im trying to be mature and utilize the feature)
    I don't understand what you are asking. To prune posts from someone you ignored? Pruned posts is a database tool to remove data.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  12. #52
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,324
    Rep Power
    108
    Should be able to ignore a mod
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  13. #53
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    11,134
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Should be able to ignore a mod
    Lol you can't? Not that I've wanted to, just didn't know that

  14. #54
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,818
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Should be able to ignore a mod
    No, you shouldn't, because mods post important messages that need to be read.

    And mods don't ignore users, becuase in doing so they can potentially be skipping over posts that require discipline. Street goes both ways.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #55
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,133
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    No, you shouldn't, because mods post important messages that need to be read.

    And mods don't ignore users, becuase in doing so they can potentially be skipping over posts that require discipline. Street goes both ways.
    I agree with this.

  16. #56
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,324
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    No, you shouldn't, because mods post important messages that need to be read.

    And mods don't ignore users, becuase in doing so they can potentially be skipping over posts that require discipline. Street goes both ways.
    So how do you go about ignoring a mod when not related to important messages?
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  17. #57
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,324
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I agree with this.
    Fascinating
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  18. #58
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,818
    Rep Power
    354
    You scroll past their posts. I'm not going to lift that restriction to allow anyone to ignore Staff members, for exactly the reason I just said.

    If you have issue with a particular Staff member, my suggestion is to reach out to them privately. Another thing all Staff members are required to do is be available privately through PM's.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #59
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,324
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    You scroll past their posts. I'm not going to lift that restriction to allow anyone to ignore Staff members, for exactly the reason I just said.

    If you have issue with a particular Staff member, my suggestion is to reach out to them privately. Another thing all Staff members are required to do is be available privately through PM's.
    Fair enough, thanks Phil.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  20. #60
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,818
    Rep Power
    354
    Also, I'm also available privately as well.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •