Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ignore Tool

Boom BSBH Prospect
    No, I'm saying that if someone else who isnt ignoring that person quotes them I will still be able to see what that post was that I didnt want to see.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I do as well, but I'm afraid for those that aren't really liked around. For some reason, I feel that way for myself - if a group of people ignored me because they simply didn't like my posts then what's the point of being in a forum anymore? Almost like the clique thing you were talking about before
    Hence why I have reservations about joining a forum that has it... I understand its need for sure in some instances, just not a fan for exactly the reason you gave.
    You can fix stupid, you can't use stupid as an excuse. -Mikey37

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I do as well, but I'm afraid for those that aren't really liked around. For some reason, I feel that way for myself - if a group of people ignored me because they simply didn't like my posts then what's the point of being in a forum anymore? Almost like the clique thing you were talking about before
    People aren't going to physically put you on their ignore list just because they don't "like" your posts. It's a tool to be used if you constantly butt heads with another user and can never find middle ground, and either one of you is about to break a rule.

No one has to be forced to read anything anyone else has to say.

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    I really don't think I need to ignore anyone except the one guy I had it out with but don't see him post anymore lol

But I do like the feature

Banned Midget Division Greggy Gloom's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminder. Guess I'll be talking to myself from now on.

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    I hate to use the "ignore", cause I always want to at least try to understand other opinions. In fact I never used it anywhere until an infamous political discussion on WBB a few months back, hope it will take a while till I have to use it again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Is there a way to prune all posts from someone you ignored? It's a useless feature when people keep quoting

(im trying to be mature and utilize the feature)
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Is there a way to prune all posts from someone you ignored? It's a useless feature when people keep quoting

I don't understand what you are asking. To prune posts from someone you ignored? Pruned posts is a database tool to remove data.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Wrong word then, but not see anything that person posts. So like recursive ignoring
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

No, there's not much that can be done there. If you have someone on ignore, it'll ignore that users' posts, but won't not show the quoted posts. No work-around there. None that I know of, at least.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    In other words, if I had Jimmy on ignore, I'd still see this when you respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post

I don't understand what you are asking. To prune posts from someone you ignored? Pruned posts is a database tool to remove data.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Should be able to ignore a mod
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Lol you can't? Not that I've wanted to, just didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    No, you shouldn't, because mods post important messages that need to be read.

And mods don't ignore users, becuase in doing so they can potentially be skipping over posts that require discipline. Street goes both ways.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post

And mods don't ignore users, becuase in doing so they can potentially be skipping over posts that require discipline. Street goes both ways.
    I agree with this.

So how do you go about ignoring a mod when not related to important messages?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I agree with this.
    Fascinating
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

You scroll past their posts. I'm not going to lift that restriction to allow anyone to ignore Staff members, for exactly the reason I just said.

If you have issue with a particular Staff member, my suggestion is to reach out to them privately. Another thing all Staff members are required to do is be available privately through PM's.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

You scroll past their posts. I'm not going to lift that restriction to allow anyone to ignore Staff members, for exactly the reason I just said.

If you have issue with a particular Staff member, my suggestion is to reach out to them privately. Another thing all Staff members are required to do is be available privately through PM's.
    Fair enough, thanks Phil.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Also, I'm also available privately as well.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast