• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ignore Tool

Phil

Exists for your benefit.

It seems it's time to remind some of you that you have this at your disposal.

If for whatever reason you don't want to read another users' posts, you do not have to (though you will see their responses if they are quoted). You can simply add them to your Ignore List, and all posts by them will automatically be filtered OUT of the thread discussion for you. You will see that the user has posted, but the post itself will be hidden unless you choose to view it.

I STRONGLY suggest a number of you make use of this.

--

To add a user to your ignore list, simply click on their User Profile, and then click on Add to Ignore List. Simple as that.

You cannot, however ignore anyone on the forum Staff for obvious reasons. All standard users are fair game.

Again, just a friendly reminder.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't agree with this tool and never will. People wonder how and why cliques get formed on internet forums, this is a contributor.

Then don't use it. Just don't break the rules. You're one of the few users here who doesn't seem to have a problem with weeding out what you want to pay attention to with what you don't. Not everyone has developed that skill.

Don't agree with this tool and never will. People wonder how and why cliques get formed on internet forums, this is a contributor.

No, it isn't. This tool is designed to allow any user to ignore another for any reason. It's tools like this that often keep a forum running smoothly because it helps to eliminate the immediate and often reactionary backlash of one user tearing into another who tends to annoy them. If you never/rarely see the posts that incite you, how inclined are you to be incited? Very little.

Cliques form on internet forums by default. You won't stop that with any amount of tools you initiate. In fact, there's nothing inherently wrong with a clique. At it's base it's nothing more than a group of users who like one another. The key is to make sure that group doesn't begin to "exclude" outsiders or begin acting with mob mentality.

This is not how cliques get formed, lol. Anyone who uses this tool will probably only have like 5 people max on it. It's not like people will ignore everyone besides the people they know personally, lol

This is not how cliques get formed, lol. Anyone who uses this tool will probably only have like 5 people max on it. It's not like people will ignore everyone besides the people they know personally, lol

Exactly. I ignored three users on the old forum (you could probably guess all three in less than three tries). Three.

Even the people I disagreed with were never put on there. It was the people who had no perspective or just whined(1414) non-stop that forced me to put them on mine.

Exactly. I ignored three users on the old forum (you could probably guess all three in less than three tries). Three.

Even the people I disagreed with were never put on there. It was the people who had no perspective or just whined(1414) non-stop that forced me to put them on mine.

You know you made it on WBB when you were put on Shanahan1414's ignore list

LOL When I firs read this, I thought it said "ignore the tool". :rofl:

I've never put anyone on "ignore", and it's not only because I don't know how. :D

I hope I've never been on someone's "ignore" list. :(

To add a user to your ignore list, simply click on their User Profile, and then click on Add to Ignore List. Simple as that.

:)

I'm not saying that it exists here, but it sure as hell did over at WBB. Just the general perception of its existence rubs me the wrong way and one of the reasons why I left WBB.

Then don't use it. Just don't break the rules. You're one of the few users here who doesn't seem to have a problem with weeding out what you want to pay attention to with what you don't. Not everyone has developed that skill.

Why thanks, I think :P

It's not hard to just ignore the real tools on any board, without using the actual tool but, I know what your implying :)

I'm not saying that it exists here, but it sure as hell did over at WBB. Just the general perception of its existence rubs me the wrong way and one of the reasons why I left WBB.

I think you'd actually find that most users barely utilize it, if not pass up on the opportunity completely.

When used properly it can really make your experience here a lot more enjoyable though, if you find you are consistently annoyed by the comments of a handful of users (or maybe even just one).

Why thanks, I think :P

It's not hard to just ignore the real tools on any board, without using the actual tool but, I know what your implying :)

Definitely a compliment. Not everyone has the ability to just disregard a post, glaze over it, or report it. Most people here are reacting and retaliating in thread. Sometimes rules get broken, sometimes the line is toed, sometimes no rules are broken and we warn in-thread. But the in-thread pot shots at users need to stop.

I never use it. I probably should from time to time, but it seems to me that if two users have a problem with each other, using the ignore feature band-aids the problem rather than fixes it. I mean, if it takes me adding someone to the ignore list to not violate forum rules, then I'm doing something wrong in the first place, lol. I'm sure we're all guilty of that sometimes though. :)

Archived