• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Another example of why dogs are the best animals ever

Thanks guys, the guilt has been overwhelming
There's nothing to feel guilty about. You helped him grow and live and he loved you as much as you loved him. Then you helped him rest.

The sense of loss must be agonizing. I've done it twice. But I'm pretty sure this was a last resort, if I know you at all.

The time you guys spent together was important for all of you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to feel guilty about. You helped him grow and live and he loved you as much as you loved him. Then you helped him rest.

The sense of loss must be agonizing. I've done it twice. But I'm pretty sure this was a last resort, if I know you at all.

The time you guys spent together was important for all of you.

Exactly you gave him/her a good life that they might not have had otherwise. All doggos pass away just gotta make their life as good as possible while you can .

You?ve got nothing to feel guilty about just remember the good times you had with em.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
After some debate, we decided to get another dog (goldendoodle). I was on the fence but ultimately did it for my daughters. We brought her home Saturday and she?s really funny and cute. I was fine up until the point of bringing her home but now I feel weird, I?m sure that will pass but it?s a strange feeling not being my old dog. Maybe some of the guilt is starting to come back, who knows.

After some debate, we decided to get another dog (goldendoodle). I was on the fence but ultimately did it for my daughters. We brought her home Saturday and she?s really funny and cute. I was fine up until the point of bringing her home but now I feel weird, I?m sure that will pass but it?s a strange feeling not being my old dog. Maybe some of the guilt is starting to come back, who knows.

It?ll pass the more and more you fall in love with the new pup. Nothing to feel guilty about all we can do is give them good homes while they?re alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Man, I teared up just reading that. I DREAD the day it's time for my Zeppy. He's gonna be 12 in Jan and it's always in the back of my mind.

I've made it a point to remember something I read when time does come. The old guys spirit says "Don't grieve for me. You loved me and gave me a great life. Now go rescue another dog from the shelter in my name and love him FOR me just as you did WITH me"