• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Another example of why dogs are the best animals ever

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when is eating your own shit a sign of genius? :D

Max does more than "tricks"...he knows 40+ commands. Don't hate.

All puppies eat their shit. What does what he did 9 months ago have to do with now? Did Max know 40 tricks when he was suckling the teet?

And "commands" = tricks. Trainable =/= smart.

He either ate it when you weren't around, or there was someone home with him all the time to pick it up.

Eh. I'm not gonna go back and forth on whether or not my dog ate shit anymore lol...but there was never anyone home during the day when he was a puppy, just sporadically. He would shit in the house almost every day when he was really little...and I would have to pick it up when I got home. Eventually I started going home on my lunch break and would let him out and that ended. Now he's obviously learned to hold it if he has to.

A friend of mine has his pit trained to ring a bell he put by the door if he has to go out. I've gotta teach Max that one :D

Eh. I'm not gonna go back and forth on whether or not my dog ate shit anymore lol...but there was never anyone home during the day when he was a puppy, just sporadically. He would shit in the house almost every day when he was really little...and I would have to pick it up when I got home. Eventually I started going home on my lunch break and would let him out and that ended. Now he's obviously learned to hold it if he has to.

A friend of mine has his pit trained to ring a bell he put by the door if he has to go out. I've gotta teach Max that one :D

Yea, he ate shit.

• 7 years later...
Feeling bad for my little buddy, he?s walking around with a cone collar. Groomer found a good size bump growing on his leg, vet isn?t sure if it?s an abscess or a tumor. Gave us antibiotics to see if it will go down, if not, then not sure what the next step is. Have to wait until next week for the follow up

Feeling bad for my little buddy, he’s walking around with a cone collar. Groomer found a good size bump growing on my leg, vet isn’t sure if it’s an abscess or a tumor. Gave us antibiotics to see if it will go down, if not, then not sure what the next step is. Have to wait until next week for the follow up

What the fuck kind of groomer do you bring your dog to?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Got word that they can't do surgery because his kidney function, they have to keep for the day to give fluid IV all day and see if that helps. He's 12 now, I told my wife to possibly start preparing herself for the worse. It sucks, hopefully he's alright

Man that sucks... All the best to him!

Never had a dog, but wanted one for so long, and soon I will get one. Im looking for my dream dog (a mix between german sheperd and labrador).

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately we have to put him down tomorrow. It’s a very shitty feeling coming to this conclusion but it’s for the best. I can’t even look at him without shedding a tear right now.

This suuuuucks. One of the worst feelings ever.

Until I die, I'll regret not making it home in time to say goodbye before we put down our family dog.