• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

The dothraki charge did piss me off. I even said to my wife when it happened, what are they doing? Why would they charge into the dark rather then use all of the barriers and defense mechanisms they set up? Don't they know they'll die out there and then just add themselves to the enemy after they are killed and raised up? I really hated that part.

In regards to the Arya bit. I look past this as the NK had ordered all of them to STOP as he approached Bran. Maybe this shut down their senses. I find that to be plausible, since every one of them is ultimately controlled by him. Additionally, the NK was laser focused on Bran. His ultimate target was finally in front of him.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cinematically beautiful. Thematically weak. There were so many massive plot holes and just generally stupid moments (like sending the Dothraki [and only the Dothraki] in on a first charge) that I'm more and more upset by hours after experiencing it.

Arya from the top rope was awesome, but come on — she really snuck through an army of the Dead and ran past the entire White Walkers squad to accomplish it? No one could sense her coming? Wights heard her blood drip onto the floor just prior to that. They're not going to hear her fuckin' feet on the ground? :rolleyes:

How the hell did everyone on the North wall live? How? This makes no sense at all. They were overrun and the strategic weak point that then allowed the Wights to flood the castle's interior.

It also feels premature as fuck to have the entire NK story — which was more than just a consistent theme since the first episode; it literally was the opening sequence — end with what amounts to a whimper.

But I guess we got dragons and a giant and a horde of death, so, cool.

Pretty much this. They decided to take every predictable and safe route they could.

They also delivered the answer on how GRRM plans to deliver on the big thread he build up since the very first chapter: Not at all. I don't think he has a better idea on how to wrap this up, than they do. Case in point: He still hasn't written it.

But it's what it is at this point. The Endboss of the series is Cersei and apparently was alwas to be Cersei.

As someone else said elsewhere: This is "Game of Thrones", not "A Song of Ice and Fire".

The dothraki charge did piss me off. I even said to my wife when it happened, what are they doing? Why would they charge into the dark rather then use all of the barriers and defense mechanisms they set up? Don't they know they'll die out there and then just add themselves to the enemy after they are killed and raised up? I really hated that part.

In regards to the Arya bit. I look past this as the NK had ordered all of them to STOP as he approached Bran. Maybe this shut down their senses. I find that to be plausible, since every one of them is ultimately controlled by him. Additionally, the NK was laser focused on Bran. His ultimate target was finally in front of him.

this is pretty much how I thought she got thru

Pretty much this. They decided to take every predictable and safe route they could.

They also delivered the answer on how GRRM plans to deliver on the big thread he build up since the very first chapter: Not at all. I don't think he has a better idea on how to wrap this up, than they do. Case in point: He still hasn't written it.

But it's what it is at this point. The Endboss of the series is Cersei and apparently was alwas to be Cersei.

As someone else said elsewhere: This is "Game of Thrones", not "A Song of Ice and Fire".

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Cinematically beautiful. Thematically weak. There were so many massive plot holes and just generally stupid moments (like sending the Dothraki [and only the Dothraki] in on a first charge) that I'm more and more upset by hours after experiencing it.

Arya from the top rope was awesome, but come on ? she really snuck through an army of the Dead and ran past the entire White Walkers squad to accomplish it? No one could sense her coming? Wights heard her blood drip onto the floor just prior to that. They're not going to hear her fuckin' feet on the ground? :rolleyes:

How the hell did everyone on the North wall live? How? This makes no sense at all. They were overrun and the strategic weak point that then allowed the Wights to flood the castle's interior.

It also feels premature as fuck to have the entire NK story ? which was more than just a consistent theme since the first episode; it literally was the opening sequence ? end with what amounts to a whimper.

But I guess we got dragons and a giant and a horde of death, so, cool.

Hey, Phil. You may find this hard to believe.....but I agree 100% with everything you said :eek:

I think D&D's writing without source material has really taken the show down a whole number of levels.

Hey, Phil. You may find this hard to believe.....but I agree 100% with everything you said :eek:

I think D&D's writing without source material has really taken the show down a whole number of levels.

I mean, we know they agree on whatever the ending is, so I'm not sure just how far from the path this is versus whatever Martin envisioned. I'm also not sure we'll ever find out.

Again, I was afraid of this, that they were going to rush through the rest of the story lines with such a short season. It also pissed me off that Bran just sat there. He woged into the ravens, but did absolutely nothing. Yes, he knew Arya was going to kill the night king, which was why he gave her the knife, but I felt he could have woged into anything and helped out. I didn't mind the episode, it kept me on my feet, literally. I don't know how many times I stood up because shit got intense. Like everyone is saying though, I wish they went more into how Arya was able to get to the Night King. In 3 episodes, we still have a lot more to tie up, hopefully the rest isn't rushed as well.

Again, I was afraid of this, that they were going to rush through the rest of the story lines with such a short season. It also pissed me off that Bran just sat there. He woged into the ravens, but did absolutely nothing. Yes, he knew Arya was going to kill the night king, which was why he gave her the knife, but I felt he could have woged into anything and helped out. I didn't mind the episode, it kept me on my feet, literally. I don't know how many times I stood up because shit got intense. Like everyone is saying though, I wish they went more into how Arya was able to get to the Night King. In 3 episodes, we still have a lot more to tie up, hopefully the rest isn't rushed as well.

Do you mean warg? lol

Bran warged into the ravens so that the NK would see him, I think. There was a spot where the ravens flew close and the NK pointed right at him, IIRC.

The whole warging thing is really problematic. Why doesn't he just warg into Cersei and have her walk off a cliff? story over lol

i get the disappointment on the Night king issue. thought he would last until the 5th episode. strange after the staredown contest with snow in the hardhomme episode that john couldnt get there sunday, least i though he would have killed viscerion.

frankly i don't understand why cersei is still alive. they totally should of wiped her out last season when they were at full strength and she wasn't. far as i'm concerned they give her a pass so they can bring the pirate and golden company storyline to light.

cinematically thought it played nicely though the fog of war was a bit much. also i thought a few more of the main's would have gotten offed sunday nite as well.

Do you mean warg? lol

Bran warged into the ravens so that the NK would see him, I think. There was a spot where the ravens flew close and the NK pointed right at him, IIRC.

The whole warging thing is really problematic. Why doesn't he just warg into Cersei and have her walk off a cliff? story over lol

Didn't they note that warging into humans was incredibly dangerous and difficult? The only one he was successfully able to do so with (and it broke him –*not that that matters with Cersei, mind you) was Hodor.

Didn't they note that warging into humans was incredibly dangerous and difficult? The only one he was successfully able to do so with (and it broke him –*not that that matters with Cersei, mind you) was Hodor.

I remember them saying it was dangerous and difficult b/c you can fuck with time, not because Bran couldn't phsyically do it.

I have a hard time thinking we're supposed to believe that he's been nudging everything this direction for the last couple years and knew it was coming, but he can't just get in Cersei's head and walk her off a cliff.

Do you mean warg? lol

He said the Night King knows where he is because he is marked by him, had nothing to do with the ravens. That was really the only part I didn't get, why he didn't warg into someone else to help the fight, or even kill the Night King.

I remember them saying it was dangerous and difficult b/c you can fuck with time, not because Bran couldn't phsyically do it.

I have a hard time thinking we're supposed to believe that he's been nudging everything this direction for the last couple years and knew it was coming, but he can't just get in Cersei's head and walk her off a cliff.

He can do it into any animal, so why not warg into a bear or wolf and let that destroy her, or even one of the dragons. He could have done it during this fight as well.

From memory at least in the books, warging into humans is problematic because two conciousness battle for control. Animals are different.

But that's not Bran anymore. It's the Three Eyed Raven. We've already seen that "Bran" is cold and calculating. He handed Arya the dagger, sure, but he didn't tell her why. Or any of the others. He provides only the information necessary. And i don't think he sees an exact future, just possibilities.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, role Bran plays moving forward.

He said the Night King knows where he is because he is marked by him, had nothing to do with the ravens. That was really the only part I didn't get, why he didn't warg into someone else to help the fight, or even kill the Night King.

Well the NK might know, generally, but it shows the ravens flying directly to the NK on his dragon, and then the NK reaches out. I can't imagine they did that on accident...

From memory at least in the books, warging into humans is problematic because two conciousness battle for control. Animals are different.

But that's not Bran anymore. It's the Three Eyed Raven. We've already seen that "Bran" is cold and calculating. He handed Arya the dagger, sure, but he didn't tell her why. Or any of the others. He provides only the information necessary. And i don't think he sees an exact future, just possibilities.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, role Bran plays moving forward.

How are the books. I want to read them, but the fact that they are almost a thousand pages each, and from what I heard, the last two are 1500 pages each, I don't know if I will have the time to read them in a timely manner. It takes me time to get through a regular book because I rarely have time to sit down and read. Are they a good easy read where you can fly through them? Or did it take you long for each book?

How are the books. I want to read them, but the fact that they are almost a thousand pages each, and from what I heard, the last two are 1500 pages each, I don't know if I will have the time to read them in a timely manner. It takes me time to get through a regular book because I rarely have time to sit down and read. Are they a good easy read where you can fly through them? Or did it take you long for each book?

The books are great, and an easy read for someone who has seen the show because you'll have a lot of names and affiliations already. It is an easy, enjoyable read outside of the vast number of characters. It's better than the TV show by far.

Well the NK might know, generally, but it shows the ravens flying directly to the NK on his dragon, and then the NK reaches out. I can't imagine they did that on accident...

Some say that. Others say the NK reached out to direct the wights to build the (dead) human fire bridge.

I watched the last episode again last night. I guess it's not that bad if you look at it like a Lord of Things epic battle and that's that. Personally I would prefer just a bit more wrap of the NK fixation on Bran, etc. Never mind the guy never spoke or did anything in a hurry.

I watched the last episode again last night. I guess it's not that bad if you look at it like a Lord of Things epic battle and that's that. Personally I would prefer just a bit more wrap of the NK fixation on Bran, etc. Never mind the guy never spoke or did anything in a hurry.

Maybe Bran gives an explanation of some of that to open the next episode. If all they do is bury the dead and prepare to treck south, it's going to be one boring episode.

The books are great, and an easy read for someone who has seen the show because you'll have a lot of names and affiliations already. It is an easy, enjoyable read outside of the vast number of characters. It's better than the TV show by far.

I think I’m gonna give it a shot. I still have Haunting of Hill House to read, and then maybe I’ll start these. I also want to read American Gods.