• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

I'm actually quite alright with this. I just wish their death was more gruesome. The only element of their deaths I disliked was the sympathy Jamie's return invoked given his near face-turn in recent seasons. Cersei deserved none of it but likely was given some semblance of it from the audience.

Cleganebowl was also quite good. The symbolism of their hatred for one another both born in and dying in the fire is not lost on me.

I mean, considering how much they used Cersei this season, they might as well have done this whole thing last season and cut the march north to get a wight. Then have this season totally be about the NK.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest thing is why didn't Dany just go straight to the Cersei and the castle and destroy it?? Why dick on the random outskirts? Or should I as D&D about filling up time and spending the budget?
She said it, if those in Westeros aren't going to love her they are going to fear her.

She was heading in this direction for season's now, continuously reeled in by her trusty advisors. They all either died or in Dany's mind betrayed her, so she was finally trusting her instincts and giving in to her grief at the same time.

I don't think she is crazy in the Targaryen/Mad King way. She's just done with restraint and wants to punish people. She's becoming Cersei only she still tries to convince herself that this is for three good of those who come after.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

She said it, if those in Westeros aren't going to love her they are going to fear her.

She was heading in this direction for season's now, continuously reeled in by her trusty advisors. They all either died or in Dany's mind betrayed her, so she was finally trusting her instincts and giving in to her grief at the same time.

I don't think she is crazy in the Targaryen/Mad King way. She's just done with restraint and wants to punish people. She's becoming Cersei only she still tries to convince herself that this is for three good of those who come after.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

She's not entirely wrong in that line of thinking. Good ethical dilemma.

BUT, she had the war won without lighting the entire city and innocents on fire. That leans toward Mad King crazy.

That was the best finale of any major television series ever and likely the greatest show ever made. Well done to all that worked on it over the last however many years.

Not sure if you're trolling?

The entire s8 was so rushed. So many questions that never was answered and so many things we didn't even get to see.

The Bran and Sansa thing is also stupid. A couple of Stark kids is the king and queen of everything.

And how do you only give Bron 3 scenes in the entire fucking season? Most awesome character in the entire show.

yeah that season could've been longer. Without books to base it off of though it seemed like they were out of ideas?

I hate how, when they did the after-episode wrap up after the battle of winterfell, they said that we basically saw the end of the Dothraki. But now all of a sudden there's still a bunch. Like I get a few made it out but cmon.

Bran on the throne is just stupid. Arya just being like 'yeah, im out, im gonna go explore and shit' is such an easy copout. like, shouldn't she stay in winterfell with Sansa and rule the north together?

and how did Tyrion find Jamie and Cersei so easily? In the last episode the entire thing is coming down on them. In that scene there's like a few rocks over them. The dragon skulls were fine, couldn't they have just moved over a little bit and hid in there? That would've been a much better twist

Not sure if you're trolling?

The entire s8 was so rushed. So many questions that never was answered and so many things we didn't even get to see.

The Bran and Sansa thing is also stupid. A couple of Stark kids is the king and queen of everything.

And how do you only give Bron 3 scenes in the entire fucking season? Most awesome character in the entire show.

The fact that I had to look up who Bron was, makes me disagree. Sorry it didn't turn out how you personally wanted it to, but in terms of writing it was great. Can't satisfy everyone I guess, but everything makes sense and dates back to earlier seasons.

yeah that season could've been longer. Without books to base it off of though it seemed like they were out of ideas?

I hate how, when they did the after-episode wrap up after the battle of winterfell, they said that we basically saw the end of the Dothraki. But now all of a sudden there's still a bunch. Like I get a few made it out but cmon.

Bran on the throne is just stupid. Arya just being like 'yeah, im out, im gonna go explore and shit' is such an easy copout. like, shouldn't she stay in winterfell with Sansa and rule the north together?

and how did Tyrion find Jamie and Cersei so easily? In the last episode the entire thing is coming down on them. In that scene there's like a few rocks over them. The dragon skulls were fine, couldn't they have just moved over a little bit and hid in there? That would've been a much better twist

You can't end the show with Cersei being alive, because then the show isn't over. As far as storylines go, the finale made sense for every single character.

It floors me that people say "the writing sucks" and shit on the two writers when really it just didn't end like YOU wanted it to.

You can't end the show with Cersei being alive, because then the show isn't over. As far as storylines go, the finale made sense for every single character.

It floors me that people say "the writing sucks" and shit on the two writers when really it just didn't end like YOU wanted it to.

It doesn't have anything to do with getting a specific ending, but it should at least make sense (and no, it absolutely did not make sense).

The fact that I had to look up who Bron was, makes me disagree. Sorry it didn't turn out how you personally wanted it to, but in terms of writing it was great. Can't satisfy everyone I guess, but everything makes sense and dates back to earlier seasons.

The writing was great but you don't know who Bron was? That's....curious.

The writing was great but you don't know who Bron was? That's....curious.

If someone doesn't know who Bronn was then they really didn't pay much attention, or maybe even watch the series. Kind of invalidates any opinion there. Some people like to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

If someone doesn't know who Bronn was then they really didn't pay much attention, or maybe even watch the series. Kind of invalidates any opinion there. Some people like to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

The person that's actually being positive about something is the contrarian?

The world we live in is that everything sucks and everyone hates everything. It's exhausting. There was no chance they could satisfy everyone and yet the vocal minority of haters get the majority of attention.

I'd love to know what you thought didn't make sense.

Yeah, and I don't know Bronn by name, sorry lol.

My biggest gripe with this ending is the same as my gripe with this season — it felt rushed. There was no major lapse in logic or reason (that's worth harking on).

I think that's fair. I don't think rushed is the right word but I felt like Dany and Jon's relationship never quite sold me as well as some of the others so I get how you could think that.

There are plenty of characters that didn't resonate with me that I might not remember the names of but other people who liked those characters would feel were integral.

Bronn got his castle, I'm sure he's not complaining. I'm not sure what you think could have been added to his story line that isn't just comic relief.

Especially when there were not enough minutes to go around.

I'm interested in what significant logical lapses people find. Most character's got wrapped up appropriately in my view.

I liked but didn't love this season. That's a step down from the other 7 seasons for me. It was the lapse of details that are understandable in this short of a season.