Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1974

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    After last night's episode, I've never been more convinced of the backbone of the Bran is the Night King theory.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    Now that was awesome.

I have to applaud the Lannister Troops though, I'd say most Armys would have started to break much earlier.
    The director painted a great picture of the impending doom without the army breaking. That was a classic scene. Any idea what, if anything, happened to Randall Tarly during that fight? Last I saw he was ordering his troops to get ready and then I don't remember seeing him again.

We got no real confirmation of him either way, which leads me to believe he's alive. I think he'll probably play an important role in next week's episode given the preview that shows Daenerys speaking to the living Lannister troops on the field demanding their fealty. I can see someone like Tarly serving as a fine example of the price they'll pay should they refuse.

I also think the Drogon-Jon showdown might be our first real step at revealing Jon's true family lineage. It's not as though the show hasn't been dropping hilariously obvious hints at it, like Drogon roaring and flying over his head as he arrived at Dragonstone moments after telling Tyrion "I'm not a Stark..."

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    After last night's episode, I've never been more convinced of the backbone of the Bran is the Night King theory.
    Didn't they show how the Night King was made by the children of the Forrest? I think Bran is an annoying useless character that adds nothing. Kinda fuckin hate him.

Thought the acting from both the Stark sisters was pretty shitty when they meet. I know they aren't fond of each other, but it was a lame scene that went through the motions.

The dragon shit was awesome. But thanks to cablevision, it was choppy and fucked up when it airedlive. Seems to be their new thing. Come 9:20 ish on Sunday, HBO gets all fucked up. Yayyyy.
    Last edited by The Dude; 08-07-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Yes. I suggest reading the link I posted for the evidence behind the theory. Bran may be annoying, but he's going to be critical to the close of the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Didn't they show how the Night King was made by the children of the Forrest? I think Bran is an annoying useless character that adds nothing. Kinda fuckin hate him.

Thought the acting from both the Stark sisters was pretty shitty when they meet. I know they aren't fond of each other, but it was a lame scene that went through the motions.

The dragon shit was awesome. But thanks to cablevision, it was choppy and fucked up when it airedlive. Seems to be their new thing. Come 9:20 ish on Sunday, HBO gets all fucked up. Yayyyy.
    Watching Arya sneak in felt like taken out of Pirates of the Caribbean, with 2 stupid Guards to complete it. Them re-uniting was a bit stiff, but up to par for most Dialogue this season.

Also Arya vs. Brienne was the female training fight version of Oberyn vs. The Moutain. I appreciate that they allowed Brienne to have a tie.

edit Spoiler just for size of the pic. Not actually a Spoiler, if you've seen this weeks episode.
      Spoiler: {option} 
    Last edited by H-Dreamer; 08-08-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Yes. I suggest reading the link I posted for the evidence behind the theory. Bran may be annoying, but he's going to be critical to the close of the series.

I don't see how he can be two people in the same timeline. He could BECOME the Night King. But if he did, then can't he just stop the war?

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

It depends entirely on how the series chooses to handle the concept of time loop paradoxes.

If they don't want to encroach too dangerously on that, they can simply make him responsible for the creation of the Night King as a result of his spending too much time green seeing in the past while whispering to various characters (namely the First Man who the Children turned into the Night King).

I'm effect, his whispers, as we think we saw with Hodor, might drive people mad. Perhaps the Children will/did kill that First Man because of his ramblings about the Night King he eventually becomes.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Honestly, him warging into Hodor in the past, is already my limit of time-travel Paradoxon for this series.

When Jon touched Drogon.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Also, thank you, Gilly for the confirmation! Now Sam, who appears headed back to the Wall, is armed with knowledge he isn't even aware of the impact of.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Dany being all "bend the knee or get burned" sure isn't re-assuring of how she might rule.

Meanwhile I am hoping that Baelish is finally overplaying his hand. He should be, at least if Sansa has finally learned something from the things that happened to her, which all have their roots in Baelishs actions to begin wit.

I can see Sansa playing along with Little Finger's own dagger getting used to kill him. Or should I say Rhaegar's dagger?

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Apparently it was the message Sansa was forced to send after Ned Stark was killed. So Bealish is trying to deepen Aryas trust issues, not Sansas. Maybe Bran can be usefull for once this season and prevent it.

Senior Member Midget Division
    We got no real confirmation of him either way, which leads me to believe he's alive. I think he'll probably play an important role in next week's episode given the preview that shows Daenerys speaking to the living Lannister troops on the field demanding their fealty. I can see someone like Tarly serving as a fine example of the price they'll pay should they refuse.

I also think the Drogon-Jon showdown might be our first real step at revealing Jon's true family lineage. It's not as though the show hasn't been dropping hilariously obvious hints at it, like Drogon roaring and flying over his head as he arrived at Dragonstone moments after telling Tyrion "I'm not a Stark..."

Nailed it.

On both accounts. But that's not clairvoyance. Much of this isn't difficult to discern.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Here's my next prediction, though it's admittedly originally from AmericanJesus -- Jorah is the Wight that will be brought back to Dragonstone to convince Dany of the Army of the Dead (end Dave's prediction). And it will heartbreakingly and unequivocally convince her of the righteousness of the cause, giving Cersei momentary reprieve until next season.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Anybody sense a bit of jealousy from Jorah against Jon? I see a betrayal coming or almost coming.

//reported Junior Division
    I just started this show. Does this little blonde shithead get what he deserves?
    Or will I have to deal with this insufferable cunt for the next several seasons?

I don't give a fuck about spoilers, so by all means, lmk.

Spoiler: {option} 
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    LGR!

Senior Member Squirt Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I love the sheer hatred, and for that reason alone I'm not spoiling it for you, sorry!