• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full episode runtimes:

Season 8, Episode 1

Debut date: Sunday, April 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, Episode 2

Debut date: Sunday, April 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, Episode 3

Debut date: Sunday, April 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, Episode 4

Debut date: Sunday, May 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, Episode 5

Debut date: Sunday, May 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, Episode 6

Debut date: Sunday, May 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Estimated running time: 1:20

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-final-season-episode-running-times-revealed-1194967?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I think most of the cast are going to die, especially by the time of the Great War. The Battle for Winterfell is going to kill literally dozens of them — probably all the B-types who don't really matter to the full arc of the story like Brienne, Greyworm, Missandei, etc.

My choice for the throne is the same as it's been for a few years now: Jamie. His character is the in a redemption arc, and he's the exact opposite of Jon Snow in that his ascension to power is wholly not Tolkien-esque, which is something GRRM made note of numerous times in public as saying he didn't want to write this story to end on. I'm paraphrasing, but the term he used was "bittersweet."

So excited yet depressed that it?s coming back/ending.

I can see Jaime on the throne but I also have a suspicion it may be Cersei when it?s all said and done.

I?ll give GRRM credit that I have absolutey no idea which direction this ending will take which is pretty awesome considering it takes a lot for a show/movie to surprise me these days. But I guess that?s why I?ve loved this show/saga since I first picked up a book however many years ago.

The other ending I am thinking we may see is that they all die and then they show a whole new generation of people take over at the end. No one gets out alive is basically a tag line for this show anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So excited yet depressed that it’s coming back/ending.

I can see Jaime on the throne but I also have a suspicion it may be Cersei when it’s all said and done.

I’ll give GRRM credit that I have absolutey no idea which direction this ending will take which is pretty awesome considering it takes a lot for a show/movie to surprise me these days. But I guess that’s why I’ve loved this show/saga since I first picked up a book however many years ago.

The other ending I am thinking we may see is that they all die and then they show a whole new generation of people take over at the end. No one gets out alive is basically a tag line for this show anyway lol

But someone needs to "tell the story", right?

Jamie would be interesting, but not sure how he would do it from his current position tho. Maybe he kills Cersei and just takes it? The prophecy has her killed by a little brother.

Im so excited I cant wait. Started re-watching the entire show in january and finished it this weekend. I need more noooow.

But someone needs to "tell the story", right?

Jamie would be interesting, but not sure how he would do it from his current position tho. Maybe he kills Cersei and just takes it? The prophecy has her killed by a little brother.

Im so excited I cant wait. Started re-watching the entire show in january and finished it this weekend. I need more noooow.

That's exactly what I think is going to happen. A reinactment of his Kingslayer beginnings. Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.

• 4 weeks later...
Thought it was a really good first episode.. they’re obviously setting the stage for what I am assuming will be a couple of intense episodes. 55 mins was not nearly enough of episode after wasting like 500 days or whatever it was.

Yea I don't really get why they wanted this episode to be so tight when the rest are....not

I generally like pace, but there were some moments that could have used a lot more weight.

Thought it was a really good first episode.. they’re obviously setting the stage for what I am assuming will be a couple of intense episodes. 55 mins was not nearly enough of episode after wasting like 500 days or whatever it was.

Episode 2 is short as well, and then the rest are almost an hour and a half.

It being the last season and there still being so much story to tell they couldn’t just make them all 1.5hrs? Lol

I thought this as well. Eat least figured the last episode would be like 2 hours. There isn't much time left, and they have a lot to tie up. I hope it isn't rushed.

I thought this as well. Eat least figured the last episode would be like 2 hours. There isn't much time left, and they have a lot to tie up. I hope it isn't rushed.

I have trouble believing it won't be rushed at this point. Hard to see how they come to a logical conclusion with like 6 hours left.

But there are so many story lines that need to be finished. By rushed, I am saying that I hope it’s not just breezes through. The Hound has to finish his fight against the Mountain. There needs to be some kind of ending with Aria and the many faced god. There are too many story line to close up with such short episodes left.

But there are so many story lines that need to be finished. By rushed, I am saying that I hope it’s not just breezes through. The Hound has to finish his fight against the Mountain. There needs to be some kind of ending with Aria and the many faced god. There are too many story line to close up with such short episodes left.

Does he? Does there? I'd be perfectly content if neither happened. Less so with the Hound and Mountain simply because I want to see Cleganebowl, but in terms of story, I'm good with all things coming up White Walker at this point. The Great War is the only story that truly matters.

Does he? Does there? I'd be perfectly content if neither happened. Less so with the Hound and Mountain simply because I want to see Cleganebowl, but in terms of story, I'm good with all things coming up White Walker at this point. The Great War is the only story that truly matters.

But still, Did we really watch a handicapped Bran getting carried through the entire north for 6 seasons just so he could sit and stare at people coming to winterfell? Arya been through everything she has just to be killed by a white walker? Cleganebowl needs to happen. There's a lot of stories that need a real ending.

The Great War will be epic, but there's a lot of other things they need to figure out and the first hour of season 8 was practically nothing. Just some convos and a lot of nothing. Now they have 6-7 hours left, things need to happen.