• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

In all fairness they didn't show Euron at casterly rock so it may have just been a part of his fleet. I was more concerned with how fast he had built those ships after yara took off with a bunch of them.

I don't get too upset over the "jet-packing" though, the shows producers said they may have to do some of it since the show only has a handful of episodes left and there is still a ton of story to tell.

It's just the stupidity on the Targ-side. "we have an overwhelming advantage, lets split up and get defeated in details, so there can still be suspense"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness they didn't show Euron at casterly rock so it may have just been a part of his fleet. I was more concerned with how fast he had built those ships after yara took off with a bunch of them.

I don't get too upset over the "jet-packing" though, the shows producers said they may have to do some of it since the show only has a handful of episodes left and there is still a ton of story to tell.

I think the issue is with the fact that Euron began the episode parading the streets of King's Landing, on the far East of Westeros, and ended it, having presumabily sailed completely around the country, to Casterly Rock, which is on the far Western coast.

My guess is that the timeline here is advanced (meaning it's been days, at least, if not weeks, since the two scenes), but the way it's presented doesn't really suggest that very well.

I think the issue is with the fact that Euron began the episode parading the streets of King's Landing, on the far East of Westeros, and ended it, having presumabily sailed completely around the country, to Casterly Rock, which is on the far Western coast.

My guess is that the timeline here is advanced (meaning it's been days, at least, if not weeks, since the two scenes), but the way it's presented doesn't really suggest that very well.

Try months, I mean Westeros is a massive continent and he'd have to sail from the first battle to Kings Landing and then around the South to Casterly Rock and somehow is there at the same time as the Unsullied arrive.

If we assume that it's just a detachment of his main force, withoiut him, then it would be fine, but they made a point of showing his huge ass ship.

Well time has always been a bit sketchy, so nothing new here.

I am just a bit sad that there solution to streamlining the storyline is to kill everyone off they don't need anymore. That's not actually needed honestly.

In turn: Will Theon be the GoT-version of Gollum? Totally pathetic and useless, but he will destroy the Ring in the end? :D:confused:

It's just the stupidity on the Targ-side. "we have an overwhelming advantage, lets split up and get defeated in details, so there can still be suspense"

They have to for drama. I thought they did a good job justifying it by driving home the "sins of the father" talk between Dany and Jon. They reinforced that through Tyrion when confirming Dany could take Westeros in a fortnight if she was willing to sit on the throne of ashes.

All in all, this allows them to slow burn, keep the drama high, kill ancillary characters, and drum up the War to Come.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The for Drama part, will actually mean that:

One of the Dragons will die and likely become a new horse for the Night King.

I've read that from many people and it makes sense. I spoilered it, because I've also read that it is an actual spoiler from a leak.

Also, to affirm the belief / understanding of dragon glass' abilities.

It's also possible that the disease could be used as a weapon and/or Valyria could ve salvaged which has steel worth more than the Royal bank, who won't be backing her.

We already know that dragon glass kills walkers. There's not enough time left in the show to add the whole element about Valyria unless they're just going to shoehorn that whole thing in.

The for Drama part, will actually mean that:

One of the Dragons will die and likely become a new horse for the Night King.

I've read that from many people and it makes sense. I spoilered it, because I've also read that it is an actual spoiler from a leak.

I thought of that too. Holy shit that would be crazy awesome.

We already know that dragon glass kills walkers. There's not enough time left in the show to add the whole element about Valyria unless they're just going to shoehorn that whole thing in.

Isn't there a shit ton of Valyrian swords spread throughout the lands? Someone has to claim them or at least get someone to make weapons out of the steel. No? I thought the Valyrian steel swords were HUGE storylines in the books?

It's likely that Valyrian steel is simply common steel forged with dragon glass. The exact mixture/process being unknown to us (though known to Gendry). There's no need to bring Valyria or the Doom back, or to travel there. All that's needed is the process of forging to weaponize it and arm as much of Westeros with it as possible for the War to Come.

It's likely that Valyrian steel is simply common steel forged with dragon glass. The exact mixture/process being unknown to us (though known to Gendry). There's no need to bring Valyria or the Doom back, or to travel there. All that's needed is the process of forging to weaponize it and arm as much of Westeros with it as possible for the War to Come.

And if Gendry dies.... Which I think he will soon , they are fucked and may have to search out for old swords, unless stupid Sam can read a book and figure it out..

There are rumors of a leaked episode script, pertaining to Gendry dying as well as a Dragon falling to the walkers. . YouTube for it if interested. It sounds awesome if it's true.

Well, the thing is, even if you were to arm every man, woman, and child in Westeros with Valyrian steel, it wouldn't be enough to stop the Army of the Dead. They have the numbers by an insane factor, and you simply can't account for the fact that a touch is all it would take for them to reanimate every fallen Westerosi (or otherwise) who fell in battle with them, only making their numbers that much more formidable.

The critical key to all of this is Dany's dragons. Without them, this war is lost before it's even fought.

As to the leakded script stuff, please don't post any of that here. I know that we've passed the books, but this thread should still remain free of spoilers as best it can.

Well, do we know that Dragons themselves can defeat white walkers? Dragon glass can. We know that. But does that mean Dragon fire does too? I'm honestly asking. Maybe I missed where that was explained, as I'm sure I have missed a ton of tid bits. Is there a difference between dragon fire and... fire?

I'm thinking the weapons are going to be a bigger help than the dragons. It's gotta end like a Lord of the Rings two towers fight scene. Three or four main characters slaughtering walkers with swords and shit. Dragons is too easy.

We know fire kills Wights, yes. We also know that fire can be put out by Whites. They're not the same. Wights are the army of the dead. Whites are the commanders like the one Snow killed with Longclaw.

So even if the Whites can't die by dragon fire, burning their army with it might be critical to getting close enough to fight them in single combat.

We know fire kills Wights, yes. We also know that fire can be put out by Whites. They're not the same. Wights are the army of the dead. Whites are the commanders like the one Snow killed with Longclaw.

So even if the Whites can't die by dragon fire, burning their army with it might be critical to getting close enough to fight them in single combat.

Oh shit. I didn't know that. Thanks B.

I'd imagine that dragon fire, like dragon glass, could kill White Walkers—the "generals" for lack of a better term/distinction—but the show proved to us that they "bring the cold", and that it's so strong it's capable of putting out fire. If you go back and watch scenes from Hardhome, or the terribly sad episode that lead to Hodor's death, twice they show the ability to walk right over fire.

Perhaps it's because the flames weren't very large. I don't know. Maybe the full fire blast from a dragon the size of Drogon would tell a differnet story, but my guess is their real value will be in neutralizing the massive size of the Army of the Dead so whomever is armed with Valyrian steel can fight the Whites one-on-one.

Now that was awesome.

I have to applaud the Lannister Troops though, I'd say most Armys would have started to break much earlier.

The director painted a great picture of the impending doom without the army breaking. That was a classic scene. Any idea what, if anything, happened to Randall Tarly during that fight? Last I saw he was ordering his troops to get ready and then I don't remember seeing him again.

We got no real confirmation of him either way, which leads me to believe he's alive. I think he'll probably play an important role in next week's episode given the preview that shows Daenerys speaking to the living Lannister troops on the field demanding their fealty. I can see someone like Tarly serving as a fine example of the price they'll pay should they refuse.

I also think the Drogon-Jon showdown might be our first real step at revealing Jon's true family lineage. It's not as though the show hasn't been dropping hilariously obvious hints at it, like Drogon roaring and flying over his head as he arrived at Dragonstone moments after telling Tyrion "I'm not a Stark..."

:rofl:

After last night's episode, I've never been more convinced of the backbone of the Bran is the Night King theory.

Didn't they show how the Night King was made by the children of the Forrest? I think Bran is an annoying useless character that adds nothing. Kinda fuckin hate him.

Thought the acting from both the Stark sisters was pretty shitty when they meet. I know they aren't fond of each other, but it was a lame scene that went through the motions.

The dragon shit was awesome. But thanks to cablevision, it was choppy and fucked up when it airedlive. Seems to be their new thing. Come 9:20 ish on Sunday, HBO gets all fucked up. Yayyyy.