• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say one way or another if it's too much or even too little without knowing how much more rope GRRM intended to climb before reaching the summit.

What I can say is it won't hurt the show any. The ratings are through the roof and rising every season. That won't change unless David Benioff who, along with GRRM, already admitted the show will surpass the books, decides to stretch things out unnecessarily to allow GRRM time to get the original path to his ending out before Benioff's televised version.

The good thing is both endings will be the same. The bad thing is the paths taken to them are likely to be drastically different (even more so than they already are).

Can't say one way or another if it's too much or even too little without knowing how much more rope GRRM intended to climb before reaching the summit.

What I can say is it won't hurt the show any. The ratings are through the roof and rising every season. That won't change unless David Benioff who, along with GRRM, already admitted the show will surpass the books, decides to stretch things out unnecessarily to allow GRRM time to get the original path to his ending out before Benioff's televised version.

The good thing is both endings will be the same. The bad thing is the paths taken to them are likely to be drastically different (even more so than they already are).

That's my worry. The last thing the the show needs is a lot of filler to keep extending seasons. Do we really need another season of Daenerys in Meereen?

That's my worry. The last thing the the show needs is a lot of filler to keep extending seasons. Do we really need another season of Daenerys in Meereen?

Again, hard to say without knowing the ending. Probably not. I'd even argue you never needed to send her back there in the first place. It was two steps forward three steps back IMO, from a story-telling perspective (even if you justify it after-the-fact with the whole "how can I ever rule if I can't even keep control of this city" nonsense).

What I could see happening is similar to what you saw this past season, where entire storylines are left completely out of the televised timeline so as to stretch things out. The analogy will probably be lost on you, but a similar tactic is used in pro-wrestling all the time where if a roster is too large they'll split the feuds week-to-week. So you'll see wrestlers A, B and C against X, Y and Z on Week 1, then wrestlers D, E and F against U, V and W on Week 2. Week three is back to ABC/XYZ and Week 4 back to DEF/UVW.

Again, hard to say without knowing the ending. Probably not. I'd even argue you never needed to send her back there in the first place. It was two steps forward three steps back IMO, from a story-telling perspective (even if you justify it after-the-fact with the whole "how can I ever rule if I can't even keep control of this city" nonsense).

I think she would have to return at least to get her army and her advisors.

There probably is a great deal of story left from the next 2 books to use for the upcoming seasons, but they've made it out as if the end is near. They'll need to have a good explanation for something like the White Walkers holding off for so long despite being close to the wall at Hardhome.

Ah well.. He was probably the least rewarding main character for me so I don't mind. Now if they'd only let us know if snow is coming back :rofl:

They keep saying he's dead so far. While I like the chance we are getting blindsided for something positive for once, I fear he's really dead....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm a GOT newbie. I had never seen it until last fall when I watched the first five seasons "On Demand". This will be the first season I will be watching it "live". Can't wait.

Nice. Binged everything?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

?Game of Thrones? Creators Said to Be Considering Shorter Seasons

The sixth season of ?Game of Thrones,? beginning April 24, might be the show?s last full-length one, if the creators get their way.

Seasons of the sprawling HBO fantasy epic have traditionally included 10 episodes, but David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the creators of ?Game of Thrones,? said in an interview with Variety that they are considering wrapping up the series with two abbreviated seasons that amount to a total of 13 episodes.

?I think we?re down to our final 13 episodes after this season,? Mr. Benioff said. ?We?re heading into the final lap. That?s the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that?s what we?re looking at.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/16/arts/television/game-of-thrones-creators-said-to-be-considering-shorter-seasons.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0