• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Coldhands is that person after all, basically the only parts of the episode that didn't make me cringe. :D

Maybe I forgot something, but when did Margaery become religious? Between episodes?

And sure hope we are going somewhere with Sams sub-plot...

But with Jaime now where he should be, maybe we get Lady S. after all. :D

She's using it to her benefit. I don't think she is at all. She's just smart. She didn't have to walk and she has control over Tommen.

Not so sure about that, she might very well be trying, but the High-Sparrrow is in control. Not Margaery.

Not so sure about that, she might very well be trying, but the High-Sparrrow is in control. Not Margaery.

The Sparrow has control over Tommen, yes, but I think Margaery let that happen so that she could come out unscathed. I think it looks like a victory for him now, but ultimately won't be. It's basically who can have greater control over Tommen.

The High-Sparrow planted the seed in Tommen for sure, but I don't think he makes the leap without Margaery going along with it. The High Sparrow allows Tommen to see Margaery only after Margaery has started to accept the faith. And I doubt the High-Sparrow could keep a hold on Tommen if Margaery turned away from the Seven. Right now, her Sparrow connection protects Margaery from the Cersei, so I imagine it will continue until that threat is neutralized in some way.

The High-Sparrow planted the seed in Tommen for sure, but I don't think he makes the leap without Margaery going along with it. The High Sparrow allows Tommen to see Margaery only after Margaery has started to accept the faith. And I doubt the High-Sparrow could keep a hold on Tommen if Margaery turned away from the Seven. Right now, her Sparrow connection protects Margaery from the Cersei, so I imagine it will continue until that threat is neutralized in some way.

Yea I dont see this ending well for Cersei at all. I think it will essentially turn into the sparrow & margaery vs. cersei and we see the end of her. Still not sure how all of this will play out vs. the north and the mother of dragons

Yea I dont see this ending well for Cersei at all. I think it will essentially turn into the sparrow & margaery vs. cersei and we see the end of her. Still not sure how all of this will play out vs. the north and the mother of dragons

As far as the Cersei vs. High Sparrow thing...

In the books, there's some island called "Quiet Isle" that's a known refuge of people sworn to the Faith of the Seven. At one point Brienne is there, and she notes one of the "brothers" of the Faith actually being bigger than her and digging graves. George R.R. Martin makes a point of showing this massive gravedigger dropping his shovel to scratch a dog's ears.

The reason this is important, in my opinion: Cersei chose trial by combat. She said she's going to use Gregor Clegane, aka The Mountain. That means, however, that the Sparrows get to choose their representative for trial by combat. And we never actually see Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound, die. It's just alluded to. And we all know that if George R.R. Martin wants someone dead, you'll see them die in bloody fashion. But the setup has always been that the Hound hates his older brother and is just waiting for a chance to kill him. I'm wondering if the gravedigger on Quiet Isle isn't Sandor Clegane, who was nursed back to health by the servants of the Faith of the Seven and then became reformed somewhat by discovering religious faith. Like I'm wondering if he isn't serving a self-imposed penance of sorts by digging graves. I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think one of the "brothers" on the island actually has a conversation with Brienne about The Hound.

This way the battle that was always meant to happen between the two brothers actually does happen, but not out of hatred like The Hound wanted originally. I'm wondering if he's the champion for the Sparrows in the trial by combat.

• Like 1

As far as the Cersei vs. High Sparrow thing...

In the books, there's some island called "Quiet Isle" that's a known refuge of people sworn to the Faith of the Seven. At one point Brienne is there, and she notes one of the "brothers" of the Faith actually being bigger than her and digging graves. George R.R. Martin makes a point of showing this massive gravedigger dropping his shovel to scratch a dog's ears.

The reason this is important, in my opinion: Cersei chose trial by combat. She said she's going to use Gregor Clegane, aka The Mountain. That means, however, that the Sparrows get to choose their representative for trial by combat. And we never actually see Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound, die. It's just alluded to. And we all know that if George R.R. Martin wants someone dead, you'll see them die in bloody fashion. But the setup has always been that the Hound hates his older brother and is just waiting for a chance to kill him. I'm wondering if the gravedigger on Quiet Isle isn't Sandor Clegane, who was nursed back to health by the servants of the Faith of the Seven and then became reformed somewhat by discovering religious faith. Like I'm wondering if he isn't serving a self-imposed penance of sorts by digging graves. I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think one of the "brothers" on the island actually has a conversation with Brienne about The Hound.

This way the battle that was always meant to happen between the two brothers actually does happen, but not out of hatred like The Hound wanted originally. I'm wondering if he's the champion for the Sparrows in the trial by combat.

I hope so. Love the hound.

Don't see it yet, at least not for this season necessarily. Sandor still has to go to KL and I guess he's in for a grudge match against the Brotherhood first.

Which btw seems to have abandoned the "protect the smallfolk" stance they had, so maybe a certain change in Leadership happened after all?

http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/8NewLAyW9kduXKV-Kt-jnMfLiOY=/fit-in/1200x9600/https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F109156%2FSansa_letter_enhanced.jpg

Depends what they do with Cersei from this point.

Guessing from the hint from her favorite Maester:

She will burn it all. Mad King style, or at least try. (maybe just the sept)

She certainly got backstabbed hard by her son, wonder if he realised that he gave away the justice department to the church.