Page 51 of 521 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 10404

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

Banned Midget Division Greggy Gloom's Avatar
    Good article, especially: You want to go to college? No problem -- just sign here and be in hock to a bank for the next 20 years!

Senior Member Bantam Division Niagaraiceman's Avatar
    Couple that with competing on the globalized job market, where foreign labor could undercut American jobs. I'm like a broken record with this, but free-trade really hurt the middle class. The high cost of low prices.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggy Gloom View Post
    Good article, especially: You want to go to college? No problem -- just sign here and be in hock to a bank for the next 20 years!
    The problem with colleges isnt the loans, its what it costs to go to college. Back in the 80's and early 90's it was fairly cheap to go to college. Hell, I remember my parents went back to school when I was a little kid, but now, forget it. I wish I could go back to college for a couple more classes, but I cant afford it, and I would get no financial help. I couldnt even get financial help when I did go to college in 96. It shouldnt cost you the same amount as a house to go to college nowadays, its rediculous, but people will still go no matter what they charge. Its cheaper and better to go to a community college now over a big name because most of the teachers at the big name colleges teach part time at community college.

Senior Member Bantam Division Niagaraiceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    . Its cheaper and better to go to a community college now over a big name because most of the teachers at the big name colleges teach part time at community college.
    Or you have hungry professionals trying to prove themselves! Like this guy, Right here.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    S&P downgraded our credit rating. Stock brokers are gonna have so much fun on Monday

My deferred comp was finally making money again too. But lets keep only blaming one side and not the other. This situation shows that both sides dropped the ball and that its time to stop blaming one side and blame both.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711
    My deferred comp was finally making money again too. But lets keep only blaming one side and not the other. This situation shows that both sides dropped the ball and that its time to stop blaming one side and blame both.
    Who cares about blame? Does blaming people change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Who cares about blame? Does blaming people change anything?
    Yes it does, because without blaming both sides, you will have everyone saying dont listen to this side or that side. Blaming both sides forces both sides to fix it, together. Enough of this Republicans are to blame or the Democrats are to blame because this one wouldnt agree, or this one came up with the idea. Both sides pass the buck to each other, and this is why nothing ever gets done right. Im tired of reading in the paper that its only this ones side fault or that ones side, its both of there faults, and the sooner America realizes this, the sooner shit can get done instead of bickering back and forth.

So...the Navy Seal team that killed Bin Laden was shot down today and 20 of them died. How convenient.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggy Gloom View Post
    So...the Navy Seal team that killed Bin Laden was shot down today and 20 of them died. How convenient.
    According to reports (who knows if true) they were from the same unit, not the same men.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Not Here View Post
    According to reports (who knows if true) they were from the same unit, not the same men.
    Oh ok. I thought the first reports said it was the same men, now they are saying same unit. Maybe they changed their minds.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    The problem with colleges isnt the loans, its what it costs to go to college. Back in the 80's and early 90's it was fairly cheap to go to college. Hell, I remember my parents went back to school when I was a little kid, but now, forget it. I wish I could go back to college for a couple more classes, but I cant afford it, and I would get no financial help. I couldnt even get financial help when I did go to college in 96. It shouldnt cost you the same amount as a house to go to college nowadays, its rediculous, but people will still go no matter what they charge. Its cheaper and better to go to a community college now over a big name because most of the teachers at the big name colleges teach part time at community college.
    That's what I did. Literally paid a total of $7,000 for my first two years of undergrad, got an Associate's Degree and now I'm transferring to a school I couldn't have even gotten into from high school. Public schools are also a bargain when you take advantage of them. The price of my entire undergrad education in the SUNY system at a community college and then a four-year school is costing less than my friend's tuition for one year at Lehigh.

The economy is so bad...

HOW BAD IS IT?

It is so bad that pictures are now only worth 200 words.

HNIC BSBH Legend

Yes it does, because without blaming both sides, you will have everyone saying dont listen to this side or that side. Blaming both sides forces both sides to fix it, together. Enough of this Republicans are to blame or the Democrats are to blame because this one wouldnt agree, or this one came up with the idea. Both sides pass the buck to each other, and this is why nothing ever gets done right. Im tired of reading in the paper that its only this ones side fault or that ones side, its both of there faults, and the sooner America realizes this, the sooner shit can get done instead of bickering back and forth.
    Blaming both sides isn't going to make anyone fix anything. That's a dream, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Blaming both sides isn't going to make anyone fix anything. That's a dream, IMO.
    So is hoping that both sides will work together to get us out of this mess that they both got us in. IMO, things are only going to get worse because neither side will work with each other. Everyone from the President on down needs to be thrown out of office in the next election. There are only a handful of assemblymen and senators that actually do there job, but everyone else is a waste.

HNIC BSBH Legend

So is hoping that both sides will work together to get us out of this mess that they both got us in. IMO, things are only going to get worse because neither side will work with each other. Everyone from the President on down needs to be thrown out of office in the next election. There are only a handful of assemblymen and senators that actually do there job, but everyone else is a waste.
    So are their challengers.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhommy View Post
    At 10/hr...

$400/wk = $1600/mo

Get food stamps - you'd qualify. No food costs.
    Assuming you need to fill your car once a week, that's -$200/mo
    Internet connection (no cable) = $40/mo
    Rent (and this is doable in most locations) = $550/mo
    Utilities - $100/mo
    Basic cell service from MetroPCS - $40/mo
    Car Insurance - $100/mo
    Taxes - $480/mo (will likely come back in part via return)

It's not easy, but it's doable.
    i dont think u'd qualify for food stamps with this salary. not unless u have a family of 5

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Well, democrats define "middle class - Rich" starting at 22,500 annually. Full-time job at $10/hr is 20,800.

In reality, $10/hour is something you can live off of. I did it right after college.
    Based on Rhom's monthly calculations, if you're struggling, sell the car, save the gas and insurance ($300/mo) and buy a bike or bus ticket. Cancel your internet or downgrade your phone.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Member Mite Division blueblood72's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    i dont think u'd qualify for food stamps with this salary. not unless u have a family of 5
    You qualify for Medicaid as long as your salary is under 19k and food stamps is under 12k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
    Well, democrats define "middle class - Rich" starting at 22,500 annually. Full-time job at $10/hr is 20,800.

In reality, $10/hour is something you can live off of. I did it right after college.
    Based on Rhom's monthly calculations, if you're struggling, sell the car, save the gas and insurance ($300/mo) and buy a bike or bus ticket. Cancel your internet or downgrade your phone.
    Your better off keeping the car if this is what your gonna buy. Bus/Train tickets wind up costing about the same as a car per month.