Page 460 of 464 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 9273

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Looking forward to the total repeal of the Trump tax scam and replacement with real reform not written by the Koch Bros passed by the Democratic House and Senate and signed by the new Democratic President in early 2021.

It will be needed to effect a recovery from the Trump near depression of 2019-20

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    Are you talking about the temporary tax cuts?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    LOL, it never cares to amaze how much people think they need government in their life. Either they don't understand the principles the country was founded on or they're completely, willfully ignorant of it. Just move to Canada.

"Can't wait wait 'till they take my own money away from me and piss it away over 45,000 different government agencies, that'll show those Koch brothers!"

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    One thing he did get wrong, but still right, these are just temporary. Same with anyone complaining about how they're "fucked" from this. Niko's issue is temporary. Look at what his shit will be like in 5... 10 years, still at the same job.
    And businesses in NYC won't change. Its a booming city. slight changes won't do much to the economy. just don't fuck with anything too much (and this doesn't)

This is meant to help small town folk and small town business. People in thriving cities might take a small hit, but nothing serious, long-term. This IS to help those shitty towns in Alabama people complain about. Maybe someday they won't need ALL that money from NY to survive.

Its weird that one side wants to help the individual, and one side wants to help the communities economy... yet are so far apart.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    One thing he did get wrong, but still right, these are just temporary. Same with anyone complaining about how they're "fucked" from this. Niko's issue is temporary. Look at what his shit will be like in 5... 10 years, still at the same job.
    And businesses in NYC won't change. Its a booming city. slight changes won't do much to the economy. just don't fuck with anything too much (and this doesn't)

This is meant to help small town folk and small town business. People in thriving cities might take a small hit, but nothing serious, long-term. This IS to help those shitty towns in Alabama people complain about. Maybe someday they won't need ALL that money from NY to survive.

Its weird that one side wants to help the individual, and one side wants to help the communities economy... yet are so far apart.

Glad you have my future so mapped out. Honestly, how is a few hundred bucks more to a guy in the south a great thing but me paying thousands of dollars additionally a year temporary and comically ‘fucked’. The guy making less but paying less for cost of living AND not paying local taxes was already in a better spot than me. So now he doubles down and I get hammered harder and it’s good? Again, there’s no where for me to live within hundreds of miles where I have a cheaper alternative. I mean, I like Dunny, view all Taxation as theft. To see more of my money go is sickening.

Your response is honestly insulting at this point. I’ll ask again, where do you live where you think my salary is exorbitant in relation to where I live?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Wait, aren’t you in law enforcement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post

Yes. The tax money that pays his salary is theft. So I guess that makes him a co- conspirator.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You're not going to convince me that some minority family of 8 with a household income of 9k, that can't put food on the table or buy school supplies for their kids is middle class because its "all relative".
    That's an exceptionally brash, off-base extrapolation of what I said, doubly so since I literally cited numbers.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

1 Blackwater AZ 1,062 $9,491 2.3% 0.5% 0.1% 72.1% 22.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post

I am. But to lose thousands of dollars in deductions a year and shrug it off as no big deal is insulting. I agree that NY I taxed are ludicrous to the point of theft, crushing tax payers and not Tax accessors or collectors isn’t the answer. I’m not the top 1%, not by a long shot.

And yes, I have a pension after 25 years. But cops statistically have lower life expectancies (average male PO dies at 59) and the hours logged and physics tolls paid for the pension are there. It’s not like I’m working from home sipping cocoa whilst on my laptop. To infer that I should be okay with losing money bc I have a pension is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Yes. The tax money that pays his salary is theft. So I guess that makes him a co- conspirator.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Poor choice of words on my part. nY Taxation in particular. I pay city tax despite not living in the city. I can’t vote in NYC nor do I live there anymore. Now I can’t deduct those taxes either. It’s taxation with our representation, which to me, is theft.

Forget about the 8.625% sales tax, the tax on every item that’s higher here than other states, like gas, oil, or even tobacco and liquor. NY is ridiculous with what it taxed and the rate at which things are taxed. As G pointed out earlier, making $100k in NY isn’t as much as people think it is.

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    Take it up with your local and state governments, as well as your union.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Poor choice of words on my part. nY Taxation in particular. I pay city tax despite not living in the city. I can’t vote in NYC nor do I live there anymore. Now I can’t deduct those taxes either. It’s taxation with our representation, which to me, is theft.

Forget about the 8.625% sales tax, the tax on every item that’s higher here than other states, like gas, oil, or even tobacco and liquor. NY is ridiculous with what it taxed and the rate at which things are taxed. As G pointed out earlier, making $100k in NY isn’t as much as people think it is.
    All these things you mention here are what you should be mad at, not at the new federal tax plan. Moving out of NJ was the best decision ever.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...mpression=true

God damn.. What a president!

Not as big a deal as Trumps height/weight/BMI but still big news.

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    Cuomo (NY Gov) proposed a plan to eliminate income taxes in NY...

Finger Lakes have Fibre yet? lol

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I’m saving up to head to Mars on a Muskmobile.

Banned Midget Division
    Since when is Haiti not a shithole country?

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Since when is Haiti not a shithole country?
    That's irrelevant. The quote wasn't "Haiti is a shithole country". It was, "Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" He was implying that people from places like Haiti, El Salvador, and other African countries were somehow less valuable as immigrants simply because of where they were born. To quote my young black friend:

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    It's discrimination based on national origin, not racism.