Page 453 of 456 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 9110

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He didn't confirm what was reported. He confirmed he shared info. Well no shit.

The report makes it seem like some major catastrophe. It's not.

Hey, so who had Seth Rich assassinated and why don't I read about that anywhere this morning?
    Wow. You've really gone down the rabbit hole.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    How? He was the Wikileak source according to reports this morning, and he was murdered. Is that not odd?

I mean, I know DC's crime rate would make Nairobi blush but that's a pretty big coincidence. If true, of course.

Senior Member Junior Division
    What I don't get from Trump supporters is why we all of a sudden are BFFs with Russia.

in 2012, Obama was being trashed for being too soft on Russia, he needed to take a hard stance and man up to Putin.

Now in 2017, Russia is great, we love them, Putin is awesome, there are no concerns about giving them classified info. I just really would like to see what conservatives would say if it was Obama, or Clinton doing the things that Trump is doing.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    Why the fuck would I or anyone trust the White House when they even officially lied about who was actually there?
    Why would anyone trust the White House anyways?

I find it odd that all of a sudden people distrust the White House because Trump is there, but they've been withholding information and misdirecting the public, if not outright lying, forever. It's what the White House does. Obama's administration was the one of the least transparent of all time and you can be damn sure that Hilary wouldn't share everything either.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Comey kept the receipts

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Why would anyone trust the White House anyways?

I find it odd that all of a sudden people distrust the White House because Trump is there, but they've been withholding information and misdirecting the public, if not outright lying, forever. It's what the White House does. Obama's administration was the one of the least transparent of all time and you can be damn sure that Hilary wouldn't share everything either.
    This. There is no transparency, nor should there be. The concern with Trump is not about what information he's withholding, for me. It's more how poor he is at handling the media and managing his team. By viewing the media as the enemy, he can't use them as the tool necessary for his office to be successful. And in managing his people, you can see the constant disarray and mixed messaging.

Ultimately, it's very difficult to know what kind of job he's actually doing because he and his troops can't stop tripping over themselves. He could be doing a fine job (depending on your preferred role of government). But it's impossible to tell because of all the smoke.

Of course, if there's fire, that's an entirely different thing.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has appointed Robert S. Mueller III, the former F.B.I. director, to serve as a special counsel to oversee its investigation into Russian meddling in the election, Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein announced on Wednesday.

The appointment of Mr. Mueller dramatically raises the stakes for President Trump in the multiple investigations into his campaign’s ties to the Russians. It follows a swiftly moving series of developments that have roiled Washington, including Mr. Trump’s abrupt dismissal of the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, and the disclosure that the president urged Mr. Comey to drop the bureau’s investigation into his former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn.

“I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authorities and appoint a special counsel to assume responsibility for this matter,” Mr. Rosenstein said in a statement. “My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination.”

While a special counsel would remain ultimately answerable to Mr. Rosenstein — and by extension, the president — he would have greater autonomy to run an investigation than a United States attorney.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/1....html?referer=

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

KIEV, Ukraine — A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016 exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e8c_story.html

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Possible suicide bombing outside the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK. 19 people dead, dozens injured.

Awful! Disgusted b/c it targeted at a concert that tween/teenage girls would attend. Bunch of cowards to set this off.

Meant to start a new thread and not put it in here
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 05-22-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    How? He was the Wikileak source according to reports this morning, and he was murdered. Is that not odd?

On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.

We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...stigation.html

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/stat...64842485628928

So, Dunny, what's the next conspiracy theory we're going to duck behind?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Honestly, Fox News retracting doesn't make Rich's death any less suspicious.

It's still plenty suspicious.

It all hinges on whether you believe he was the leaker or not. I think that's pretty likely.

Beyond his murder, and speaking of conspiracy theories,
    If he was indeed the leaker the whole Russia narrative is blown out of the water.

Sessions Said to Suggest Resigning as Tensions Grow With Trump

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions had suggested in the past several weeks he might resign amid a widening rift with President Donald Trump, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Sessions has come under fire from the president over his recusal from an investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, an inquiry that’s now exploring whether Trump associates colluded with Moscow. The attorney general’s suggestion that he might consider quitting was reported earlier by ABC News and confirmed by a person familiar who discussed the matter on condition of anonymity.

Trump also has assailed the Justice Department for its handling of the administration’s controversial travel ban, and he accused it in a series of tweets on Monday of weakening his plans to limit entry for citizens from about a half-dozen Muslim nations. Both versions of Trump’s travel ban have been blocked by federal courts.

“The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted,” Trump said in one tweet on Monday. Trump himself signed both versions of the ban.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a..._medium=social
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    How many people have quit, threatened to quit, threatened to be fired, or have been fired already by Trump?
    I thought it wasnt a travel ban?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    We're even more fucked if we have a Biden-McCain-Sanders run off in a few years.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I'd be pretty happy to have replaced Trump/Clinton with Biden/McCain as party nominees

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    We're even more fucked if we have a Biden-McCain-Sanders run off in a few years.
    I don't think McCain makes it to the next election.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    I'd be pretty happy to have replaced Trump/Clinton with Biden/McCain as party nominees

This. These were the two worst candidates in the history of our country.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    They're all the same; take off their clothes facing forward; turn them around facing backwards; bend them over at the waist. You'll get the picture!