Page 495 of 521 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 10404

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yea, kind of like it was "nothing for Obama". People just don't like their own medicine.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Democrats understand that democracy has fast devolved to what is essentially a racial headcount.

The more minorities imported, the more votes they accumulate. It's really that simple. It has nothing to do with compassion or this or that. It's about power, and current immigration policy coupled with the 25 million+ illegals gives them power forever. Power that they will obtain as soon as two years from now and never surrender. It's just demographics, nothing more.

On the other side of the coin, rank and file repubs like mass immigration and illegal amnesty because it benefits big business by artificially suppressing wages. None are really serious about changing that, they'll just play to their base and lose gracefully, as always.

Enter Donald Trump who is genuinely the last chance to change that, and he's probably going to fail.

Sure hope my great grandkids like favellas!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    A wall is simply a fake way to say you've done something to stop immigration. Most illegals enter the country legally, and stay.

Explain how this wall stops that.

No one has done that. They just keep screaming wall. The people come in legally, the drugs come in through ports and tunnels. It's almost like no one who wants a wall deals in the reality that a wall won't really change anything except the deficit (massive cost to build and maintain).

Also, I don't hear anyone talking about that whole "Mexico will build it" thing anymore.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A wall is simply a fake way to say you've done something to stop immigration. Most illegals enter the country legally, and stay.

Explain how this wall stops that.

No one has done that. They just keep screaming wall. The people come in legally, the drugs come in through ports and tunnels. It's almost like no one who wants a wall deals in the reality that a wall won't really change anything except the deficit (massive cost to build and maintain).

Also, I don't hear anyone talking about that whole "Mexico will build it" thing anymore.
    So disregard the rest? Call it a day?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    So disregard the rest? Call it a day?
    Well, you disregarded the rest of the post so...

Well, you disregarded the rest of the post so...
    No. I read it, and I just read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't see anything in your post regarding what to do with illegals who cross the border illegally, which is what my question was in regards to.

It sounds like both scenarios are problems. Just because one might be a larger problem, it doesn't mean the other isn't a problem.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    No. I read it, and I just read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't see anything in your post regarding what to do with illegals who cross the border illegally, which is what my question was in regards to.

It sounds like both scenarios are problems. Just because one might be a larger problem, it doesn't mean the other isn't a problem.
    We're talking about a wall. Not who's already here. Completely separate issues.

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Maybe if we close the door FIRST, the "wall people" will be more open to a "path to citizenship" for those already here. And "build the wall" is part of border security that very definitely should include eliminating birthright citizenship incentive.
    Last edited by NY Chief; 01-07-2019 at 07:14 PM.

We're talking about a wall. Not who's already here. Completely separate issues.
    Re-read what I said.

Your argument against a wall is because many of the illegal immigrants come across legally and then overstay their visas. As if that invalidates preventing illegals who come across illegally in the first place, which is what the wall is for.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Maybe if we close the door FIRST, the "wall people" will be more open to a "path to citizenship" for those already here. And "build the wall" is part of border security that very definitely include eliminating birthright citizenship

How does building a wall help with people who enter legally and then stay illegally?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Re-read what I said.

Your argument against a wall is because many of the illegal immigrants come across legally and then overstay their visas. As if that invalidates preventing illegals who come across illegally in the first place, which is what the wall is for.
    Do you also think band aids stop the bleeding of gunshots?

How does building a wall help with people who enter legally and then stay illegally?
    It doesn't. That's a separate problem. But simply saying that it is a bigger problem isn't a solution to the problem that the wall addresses.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    It doesn't. That's a separate problem. But simply saying that it is a bigger problem isn't a solution to the problem that the wall addresses.
    The wall doesn't address a real problem. It addresses a fictional one.

Do you also think band aids stop the bleeding of gunshots?
    Ad hominem attacks don't solve anything. Also: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Ad hominem attacks don't solve anything. Also: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
    It's not an attack. It's a comparison. But it was snarky, I'll give you that.

Fact is that more illegal aliens enter legally.
    Fact is most Americans don't want a wall.
    Fact is Trump said Mexico would pay and they're not.
    Fact is the wall will be costly to build and maintain and won't solve the problem.

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    It's not an attack. It's a comparison. But it was snarky, I'll give you that.

Fact is that more illegal aliens enter legally.
    Fact is most Americans don't want a wall.
    Fact is Trump said Mexico would pay and they're not.
    Fact is the wall will be costly to build and maintain and won't solve the problem.
    Fact is that more illegal aliens enter legally. No one knows the real numbers.
    Fact is most Americans don't want a wall. Depends on who's biased polls you believe.
    Fact is Trump said Mexico would pay and they're not. Many never believed he would get them to pay, nor really cared. So he lied like "you can keep your doctor and pay less"
    Fact is the wall will be costly to build and maintain and won't solve the problem. It WILL solve SOME of the problem.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Fact is that more illegal aliens enter legally. No one knows the real numbers.
    So then you agree the problem is fiction.
    Fact is most Americans don't want a wall. Depends on who's biased polls you believe.
    Let's put aside that some people use the term "biased" to just ignore facts that are presented to them...Even among Republicans, a wall is not high on the list of priorities, certainly not enough to shut down gov't. (Please actually read the link)
    Fact is Trump said Mexico would pay and they're not. Many never believed he would get them to pay, nor really cared.
    Please support this statement with some facts, links, data of any kind.
    So he lied like "you can keep your doctor and pay less"
    Whataboutism, and if you don't like that word...https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
    Fact is the wall will be costly to build and maintain and won't solve the problem. It WILL solve SOME of the problem.
    And a band-aid solves SOME of the problems of gunshot victims. Just not the real ones.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Do people seriously want a freakin' wall across the whole fuckin border?

From my POV (which is far away) this is so funny. Trump got ya'll mad af. A freakin' wall to keep people out? Is it supposed to be 50 feet tall or something? If not there's something called ladders.

And the cost, holy shit. "Contractors were awarded between $300,000 and $500,000 for each prototype" and the prototypes was like 10 feet wide.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/heigh...nfirm-7243438/ (someone help me with the link/quote if I fucked it up).

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Do people seriously want a freakin' wall across the whole fuckin border?

From my POV (which is far away) this is so funny. Trump got ya'll mad af. A freakin' wall to keep people out? Is it supposed to be 50 feet tall or something? If not there's something called ladders.

And the cost, holy shit. "Contractors were awarded between $300,000 and $500,000 for each prototype" and the prototypes was like 10 feet wide.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/heigh...nfirm-7243438/ (someone help me with the link/quote if I fucked it up).
    To be fair... Not the ENTIRE border. But that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Senior Member Midget Division
    While I agree with others and will not watch Ďlive,í itís because I want the ratings to reflect our popular dissent - not because I donít want to hear the message verbatim. IF we can negatively impact the ratings, thatís real. Advertisers will feel it too. #BoycottTrumpPrimeTime