Page 455 of 455 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455
Results 9,081 to 9,096 of 9096

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Did you read the charges?
    The Manafort/Gates charges are illustrative of two things.

The first, obviously, is that this puts some pressure on key players in that nothing is off the table. With Manafort/Gates being charged with crimes unrelated to potential Russian Collusion, anyone else in Trump's orbit with skeletons in the legal closet are feeling some heat. That heat could lead some to flip any information they may have up the food chain to get the best deal they can.

The second is, and we already knew this, Trump's financial dealings are being looked into. Let's say there was no Russian collusion further up the chain than Papadopoulos. If Trump has shaddy realestate deals where he laundered money through shell companies for the purpose of defrauding the Federal Government, he could still be in trouble. Likewise, if he fired Comey to stop the investigation even if there was nothing the Campaign did wrong in regards to Russia, he could still be in legal jeopardy.

What I don't understand is why Mueller didn't get Trump interviewed under oath prior to all of this breaking.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    The Manafort/Gates charges are illustrative of two things.

The first, obviously, is that this puts some pressure on key players in that nothing is off the table. With Manafort/Gates being charged with crimes unrelated to potential Russian Collusion, anyone else in Trump's orbit with skeletons in the legal closet are feeling some heat. That heat could lead some to flip any information they may have up the food chain to get the best deal they can.

The second is, and we already knew this, Trump's financial dealings are being looked into. Let's say there was no Russian collusion further up the chain than Papadopoulos. If Trump has shaddy realestate deals where he laundered money through shell companies for the purpose of defrauding the Federal Government, he could still be in trouble. Likewise, if he fired Comey to stop the investigation even if there was nothing the Campaign did wrong in regards to Russia, he could still be in legal jeopardy.

What I don't understand is why Mueller didn't get Trump interviewed under oath prior to all of this breaking.
    because it looks like they have nothing on trump. no Russian collusion. Manafort wasn't there long enough, I think he only was employed by trump administration for the republican convention. He'll be charged for tax fraud and laundering money he made overseas long before trump. Papadopoulos is a nobody.

the way I see it, current political establishment is afraid trump will change their status quo so they're digging and digging to find something they can hang their hats on and try to impeach him. He's not one of them, he may expose them. if you're barking at trump, you're too shallow to see the big picture of how Washington politics are bought and sold, which is starting to come out little by little. Like Dunny said, 7 more years of interesting things to come out if you don't have your trump-hating blinders on.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    And of course, it means nothing for the Podesta's, right?

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    And of course, it means nothing for the Podesta's, right?
    will be swept under the rug by mainstream media. they're Hillary's people

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    "Now, are these the questions I was really called here to answer? Phone calls and foot lockers? Please tell me that you have something more, Lieutenant. These two Marines are on trial for their lives. Please tell me their lawyer hasn't pinned their hopes to a phone bill."
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    will be swept under the rug by mainstream media. they're Hillary's people
    I mean, one of the Podesta's is in some shit coming up too. but it's for working with Manafort.

Maybe this will come back to Trump, maybe it won't. We do know that his son was taking meetings with people connected to Putin.

Maybe it's the people that Trump surrounds himself with that are engaging in shady shit and not him? We will see. But I think his unwillingness to impose sanctions on russia is telling.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I mean, one of the Podesta's is in some shit coming up too. but it's for working with Manafort.

Maybe this will come back to Trump, maybe it won't. We do know that his son was taking meetings with people connected to Putin.

Maybe it's the people that Trump surrounds himself with that are engaging in shady shit and not him? We will see. But I think his unwillingness to impose sanctions on russia is telling.
    it shows how almost everyone in Washington is engaged in shady shit. and Hillary/Bill are front-runners, imposing sanctions on Russia publicly but taking millions of dollars from Russian entities privately. You can hate Trump all you want for the stupid shit he says, but thanks to him, little by little, the frauds are getting exposed.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    It's a big reason why democrats and republicans didn't, and still don't, want him in "the old boys club"

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    it shows how almost everyone in Washington is engaged in shady shit. and Hillary/Bill are front-runners, imposing sanctions on Russia publicly but taking millions of dollars from Russian entities privately. You can hate Trump all you want for the stupid shit he says, but thanks to him, little by little, the frauds are getting exposed.
    thanks to him? Him and everyone around him are just as much frauds as everyone else. that whole swamp being drained thing? if you really believe that he has done anything to 'drain the swamp' idk what to tell ya

and as has been shown, that whole 'the clintons took russian money in the uranium deal' talking point that gets repeated every time trump gets criticized on russia has been debunked.

but that's trump strategy 101. every time he gets criticized for anything it's an immediate deflection to "Well Hillary did XYZ!"

Hillary isn't president. Trump is. Yes the Clinton family is shady as fuck, and i've made it abundantly clear throughout this thread that i'm no fan of hers, but the president can't deflect to someone who is not in office forever.

Banned Midget Division
    thanks to him? Him and everyone around him are just as much frauds as everyone else. that whole swamp being drained thing? if you really believe that he has done anything to 'drain the swamp' idk what to tell ya

and as has been shown, that whole 'the clintons took russian money in the uranium deal' talking point that gets repeated every time trump gets criticized on russia has been debunked.

but that's trump strategy 101. every time he gets criticized for anything it's an immediate deflection to "Well Hillary did XYZ!"

Hillary isn't president. Trump is. Yes the Clinton family is shady as fuck, and i've made it abundantly clear throughout this thread that i'm no fan of hers, but the president can't deflect to someone who is not in office forever.
    nothing has been debunked concerning the uranium deal. just because idiots on MSNBC dismiss it doesn't make it so. Clinton foundation took a lot of money from the Russians. there has been a private investigation done on this subject and it reveals a lot. will it ever get to congress? I doubt it cause it exposes lots of politicians behind that deal.

This is a good, sourced rundown on what is actually known

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

Banned Midget Division
    This is a good, sourced rundown on what is actually known

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/
    "Clinton’s role in the Uranium One sale, and the link to the Clinton Foundation, first became an issue in 2015, when news organizations received advance copies of the book “Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich,” by Peter Schweizer, a former fellow at a conservative think tank.

On April 23, 2015, the New York Times wrote about the uranium issue, saying the paper had “built upon” Schweizer’s information.

The Times detailed how the Clinton Foundation had received millions in donations from investors in Uranium One.

The donations from those with ties to Uranium One weren’t publicly disclosed by the Clinton Foundation, even though Hillary Clinton had an agreement with the White House that the foundation would disclose all contributors. Days after the Times story, the foundation acknowledged that it “made mistakes,” saying it had disclosed donations from a Canadian charity, for instance, but not the donors to that charity who were associated with the uranium company.

The Times also wrote that Bill Clinton spoke at a conference in Moscow on June 29, 2010 — which was after the Rosatom-Uranium One merger was announced in June 2010, but before it was approved by the Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States in October 2010. The Russian-based Renaissance Capital Group organized the conference and paid Clinton $500,000."

you don't think this is suspiciously interesting?

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Trump is the biggest fraud and the most corrupt and despicable pile of protoplasm in the history of planet Earth

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Trump is the biggest fraud and the most corrupt and despicable pile of protoplasm in the history of planet Earth

Imagine what we would say about people that did this shit their entire lives...

Oh, we call them politicians.

so Trump didn't do shady shit in business is what you're saying? because there's plenty of evidence of his shittiness throughout his life.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

thanks for your input. very enlightening