Page 486 of 490 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 9792

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Can’t overturn the military. They’re the biggest push behind most technology and innovation. I’m fine with taking that private, too.

And isn’t pbs publically funded? That’s what their commercials say. (But again - fear)
    They're coming for you guns! See, your hypocrisy is rampant.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    no one will ever overturn Roe vs Wade. not unless this country is going to be overrun by the likes of Pat Robertson, which will never happen. Democrats bring up Roe Vs Wage with every Republican being nominated to any civil post. Its fear mongering by the democrats.
    Maybe not, but they'll chip away at it at the State level, making it harder, if not practically impossible, to get services in states like Texas.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Maybe not, but they'll chip away at it at the State level, making it harder, if not practically impossible, to get services in states like Texas.
    wouldn't that mean overturning Roe vs Wage if they were to give to states to decide? Roe vs Wade is a federal law

Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    wouldn't that mean overturning Roe vs Wage if they were to give to states to decide? Roe vs Wade is a federal law
    Texas, Mississippi and other states have been trying to kill Roe with 1000 cuts. These include requirements that providers have admitting privileges at local hospitals and other regulations that would essentially make it impossible for clinics to operate. These regs skirt the question of the right to a safe abortion but ultimately disable it if allowed to stand.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    just tell them it will lead to more minority voters in the future.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    just tell them it will lead to more minority voters in the future.
    Isn't voter suppression your guy's specialty?

only if you believe yahoo articles

HNIC BSBH Legend
    only if you believe yahoo articles
    Huffpost.

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Texas, Mississippi and other states have been trying to kill Roe with 1000 cuts. These include requirements that providers have admitting privileges at local hospitals and other regulations that would essentially make it impossible for clinics to operate. These regs skirt the question of the right to a safe abortion but ultimately disable it if allowed to stand.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    TRAP laws, the requirement that patients undergoe an ultrasound in order to qualify for an abortion (an attempt designed to evoke an emotional response so the woman second guesses her choice), mandatory waiting periods in order to receive an abortion, and state-level bans once pregnancy has surpassed a specific number of weeks are all going to be part of the GOP's "Death by 1000 Cuts" approach. All of which would almost certainly be upheld by a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court should any cases get to them.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    TRAP laws, the requirement that patients undergoe an ultrasound in order to qualify for an abortion (an attempt designed to evoke an emotional response so the woman second guesses her choice), mandatory waiting periods in order to receive an abortion, and state-level bans once pregnancy has surpassed a specific number of weeks are all going to be part of the GOP's "Death by 1000 Cuts" approach. All of which would almost certainly be upheld by a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court should any cases get to them.
    Pro-choice folks, do you support partial birth abortions? Does the number of weeks matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Pro-choice folks, do you support partial birth abortions? Does the number of weeks matter?
    First off, partial-birth is a political term, not a medical one. That's an important distinction to make. It's designed to humanize fetuses specifically for this reason.

The answer to the question is not black and white. It's complicated and entirely dependent on the circumstances. If the fetus has developed specific conditions, like severe brain damage, major deformity, or has placed the mother at severe risk, then yes, probably. But as a general rule of thumb I defer to the 20-week rule.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    This question should be between a woman and her doctor. Few would choose this route.

only if medically necessary, IMO.

also not worth the time, energy and money to fight it. Instead, tie em up while youre in there.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    First off, partial-birth is a political term, not a medical one. That's an important distinction to make. It's designed to humanize fetuses specifically for this reason.

The answer to the question is not black and white. It's complicated and entirely dependent on the circumstances. If the fetus has developed specific conditions, like severe brain damage, major deformity, or has placed the mother at severe risk, then yes, probably. But as a general rule of thumb I defer to the 20-week rule.
    only if medically necessary, IMO.

also not worth the time, energy and money to fight it. Instead, tie em up while youre in there.
    I agree with medical necessity, and rape cases.

What's special about 20 weeks? Seems like an arbitrary number. Like having to be 18 to vote, when there are plenty of 16 year olds that could make more informed decisions than idiots in their mid 20's. So an abortion at 19 weeks and 6 days is ok today, but tomorrow its not? I don't agree with having a cut off date in terms of number of weeks.

I think it would be far easier, for people making the choice to engage in actions that may produce a baby, to get an IUD. I think people should make good choice BEFORE the consequences of their actions happen. Make the choice to not have unprotected sex with random, untrustworthy people. If birth control needs to be more affordable and accessible I support that. What I can't wrap my head around is when you decide to get an abortion at 4 weeks you're just making a choice, but 9 months later you kill the 1 month old baby you don't want and throw it in a dumpster you're going to prison. To me that is the same life being killed.

The significance of 20 weeks is with regard to the development of the fetus. I wouldn't personally abort anything, unless medically required, or in the case of major deformity, that close. But from a medical perspective it's a fairly common "cutoff".
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    You probably shouldn't watch a 12 week ultrasound, then.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    The significance of 20 weeks is with regard to the development of the fetus. I wouldn't personally abort anything, unless medically required, or in the case of major deformity, that close. But from a medical perspective it's a fairly common "cutoff".
    20 weeks seems kind of late. You can deliver a premature baby at 23 weeks and it can still survive. Im prochoice, but even I wouldn't be fine with 20 weeks, thats too late into the pregnancy, IMO, unless its an extreme medical emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    You probably shouldn't watch a 12 week ultrasound, then.
    You must have missed the part when I said I wouldn't do it personally. Any abortion decision on my end, if I even made one at all, would likely happen almost immediately.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    This is the great part about being pro-choice. What I would do doesn't matter, except when I'm making my own decisions, for me.

Which would be never, because I'm not carrying a baby. But were my opinion from the mother be asked, I would share.

I think the point most are missing here is that none of you have the right to tell a pregnant woman what to do. Your values, your morals, your thoughts, your beliefs don't matter if a woman in Oklahoma wants an abortion.

I also don’t think one should have the right to kill a baby because he/she doesn’t understand the reproductive process.