Page 476 of 476 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476
Results 9,501 to 9,503 of 9503

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I like capitalism because it allows me the chance.
    It enables me to try.
    It allows me to buy the best car, the best house, the best phone, the best education, and the nice close I can afford to buy.

You complain about capitalism with your bigger salary, in your nicer city, in your bigger house, on your brand new phone, in your designer suit, wearing your expensive shoes...

In the words of 300 million less privileged Americans, shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm willing to bet your house is bigger than mine. Don't you have 2?

My phone is 3 years old and company paid.

I wear jeans and Chuck Taylor's to work (close to 80 hours a week, thanks capitalism and corporate greed!). Oh, btw my wife works around 50 so we can afford child care. Market sets the price! My kids preschool probably costs more than your mortgage, monthly.

In the words of one person who you know nothing about...shut the fuck up. It's not privilege it's work. And I'd still put my hand in my pocket to help someone worse off...would you? Nah...people worse off than you are just lazy, amirite?

(PS...even if I lived the life you envision, that's still not the life of the top 1% who have 90% of the wealth. It's a shame you can't wrap your head around THAT being the issue)
    Gonna need this to stop. You both know better. Thanks.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Love what you said about happier employees.

Unfortunately the ruling class see us as cattle and don't really care about that.
    I was speaking primarily about small businesses. From my experience many tend to care more about their employees than larger corporations. Although many large corporations are waking up to the data that shows some small expenditures can increase morale.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You already said I’d get nothing else.

That shows a seriously lack of the current system, if you think your proposal is better, Dave.
    Not sure I follow what you're getting at here.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,