Page 476 of 493 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,520 of 9853

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I like capitalism because it allows me the chance.
    It enables me to try.
    It allows me to buy the best car, the best house, the best phone, the best education, and the nice close I can afford to buy.

You complain about capitalism with your bigger salary, in your nicer city, in your bigger house, on your brand new phone, in your designer suit, wearing your expensive shoes...

In the words of 300 million less privileged Americans, shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm willing to bet your house is bigger than mine. Don't you have 2?

My phone is 3 years old and company paid.

I wear jeans and Chuck Taylor's to work (close to 80 hours a week, thanks capitalism and corporate greed!). Oh, btw my wife works around 50 so we can afford child care. Market sets the price! My kids preschool probably costs more than your mortgage, monthly.

In the words of one person who you know nothing about...shut the fuck up. It's not privilege it's work. And I'd still put my hand in my pocket to help someone worse off...would you? Nah...people worse off than you are just lazy, amirite?

(PS...even if I lived the life you envision, that's still not the life of the top 1% who have 90% of the wealth. It's a shame you can't wrap your head around THAT being the issue)
    Gonna need this to stop. You both know better. Thanks.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Love what you said about happier employees.

Unfortunately the ruling class see us as cattle and don't really care about that.
    I was speaking primarily about small businesses. From my experience many tend to care more about their employees than larger corporations. Although many large corporations are waking up to the data that shows some small expenditures can increase morale.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    You already said Iíd get nothing else.

That shows a seriously lack of the current system, if you think your proposal is better, Dave.
    Not sure I follow what you're getting at here.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    What does downstate think of Cuomo?

Well. What do knowledgeable minds in downstate. I know where stereotypical democrats stand
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    What does downstate think of Cuomo?

Well. What do knowledgeable minds in downstate. I know where stereotypical democrats stand
    I can't stand him and his lies. My taxes are sky high, yet all the money goes to NYC. They get free pre-k, while I have to pay for it. And his college program is a joke. Its free college for families that make a combined less than 100K. You can't live down here on that. He is just as bad as his father. Taxes have gone up, but the money doesn't come back to the area. The fear mongering in his political ads is so over the top as well.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Cuomo and diblasio are both awful and I canít wait until theyíre both gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Cuomo and diblasio are both awful and I can’t wait until they’re both gone.

This. And whats worse is that they both hate each other.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I'm pretty sure Cuomo is going to win. I don't think Cynthia Nixon should be governor. I already voted for her via absentee though. My rationale is that I don't want him winning by such a strong margin. If he wins 70-30 that's a democratic mandate. if he wins 54-46, that's a whole different story.

Cuomo is corrupt, plain and simple.

I am 100 percent convinced he is the reason for the Independent Democratic Conference in the state senate which splintered the Dems and kept Republicans in power. He did this so that when he inevitably runs for president, he would have signed fewer Dem bills and could paint himself as a middle of the road guy.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I can't stand him and his lies. My taxes are sky high, yet all the money goes to NYC. They get free pre-k, while I have to pay for it. And his college program is a joke. Its free college for families that make a combined less than 100K. You can't live down here on that. He is just as bad as his father. Taxes have gone up, but the money doesn't come back to the area. The fear mongering in his political ads is so over the top as well.
    I see you're in LI. The property taxes out there are insane. The state did do a property tax cap that counties couldn't go over but it's ridiculous how much in local taxes you guys pay. I'm surprised that anyone who grew up there can ever actually stay there.

I dont think your high LI taxes is b/c of Cuomo. You're taxes are sky high b/c of your suffolk county politicians, your LI taxes go to your schools, police, fire department, etc.....I would think the state tax that we pay does go back into infrastructure, state police, dreaded MTA, and other statewide projects (ie college program)....Does NYC get more state $$$, I would assume so since NYC counts for almost half of the NY state population.

By the way, I cant stand Cuomo or DeBlasio either, however IMO I think Cynthia Nixon is clueless.

I dont think your high LI taxes is b/c of Cuomo. You're taxes are sky high b/c of your suffolk county politicians, your LI taxes go to your schools, police, fire department, etc.....I would think the state tax that we pay does go back into infrastructure, state police, dreaded MTA, and other statewide projects (ie college program)....Does NYC get more state $$$, I would assume so since NYC counts for almost half of the NY state population.

By the way, I cant stand Cuomo or DeBlasio either, however IMO I think Cynthia Nixon is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I see you're in LI. The property taxes out there are insane. The state did do a property tax cap that counties couldn't go over but it's ridiculous how much in local taxes you guys pay. I'm surprised that anyone who grew up there can ever actually stay there.
    There are a lot of people leaving LI. There are a ton of houses up for sale here around me. The tax cut is a joke within itself because they can pierce it by a certain amount without it having to be discussed. Every year they keep going up while salaries remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post

The state taxes on property are way too much down here. Long Island gets very little money back from the state unless its in the poor areas. Our schools get very little from the state unless the state is running the district. State money also pays for free pre-k in NYC, yet here on LI, we still have to pay for it, and it isn't cheap. NYC gives the state less money in taxes, yet receives the most funds, which isn't right t the other tax payers in the state. New York is one of the highest taxed states in the country, and Cuomo is as corrupt as his cronies are, they just won't turn on him. I agree, Cynthia Nixon is not the answer here. We have seen what happens when a celebrity with no clue runs the country, IMO, it would be just as bad if she was in charge here. All she cares about is NYC.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    What are you guys paying for property taxes there in that area

Senior Member Midget Division
    I pay $14.5k on a $485k house that’s 2000 square feet.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I pay $14.5k on a $485k house thatís 2000 square feet.
    That does seem rather steep.
    I sometimes question the estimated value our borough gives certain properties, but overall we are probably 1/3 that.

Banned Midget Division
    Kavanough….yay or nay>?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Well, he perjured himself, so I'd say that disqualifies you for SCOTUS.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Well, he perjured himself, so I'd say that disqualifies you for SCOTUS.
    This.
    Even before any sexual or character accusations

Banned Midget Division
    allegedly. nothing has been proven as fact yet.