Page 512 of 512 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512
Results 10,221 to 10,226 of 10226

Thread: General Political Thread: News, Slander & Debate

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    I haven't read the article yet (will tonight), but I'm generally curious what you think Trump's "list" of accomplishments are. Appointed two conservative Supreme Court judge... and??????

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Well, that one you just mentioned is massive, getting a 3rd pick feels almost unfair, I'm also right with him on NATO, I've complained to anyone that will listen here at home that my country is a woefully shameful free loader in that organization. Some I don't like, criminal justice reform for instance. Anywho, here's the list from the article..

"Tax reform. Two Supreme Court nominees safely installed on the bench. The travel ban. The bonfire of federal regulations. Criminal justice reform. Legislative action aimed at ameliorating the opioid crisis. Nato members ponying up more cash. Annual wage growth is at a nine-year high. 2018 was the best year for job creation since 2015. Many of his campaign pledges, such as the renegotiation of Nafta and the relocation of the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, have been kept. Promise made, promise kept is one of his boasts that regularly rings true."

I've also seen his foreign policy derided here many times, that's also entirely unfair in my estimation. While it's true that he doesn't fit in with that crowd, and some people being concerned about him being an embarrassment is also fair, I'll still maintain, as I have, that his instincts are correct, this was pointed out by Rand Paul just today.

Getting out of the nation building meddling that has so much defined the US in recent decades would be an accomplishment almost beyond compare in regards to foreign policy in my mind. I don't think it's going to happen (Eisenhower warned explicitly about this) and I think he'll fold to the pressure, but it's possible. This guy is so polarizing that he has the Left clamoring for continued war. It's crazy.

It's clear to me, a foreigner, that much of the vitriol is derived, at least in part, to the perceived embarrassment of having him in office alone.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Tax reform isn't an accomplishment for 90% of us.

I think the list of failures is longer. The biggest being no wall (and there never will be the kind of wall he promised) and he didn't drain the swamp.

Yes, those I also view as failures.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Well, that one you just mentioned is massive, getting a 3rd pick feels almost unfair, I'm also right with him on NATO, I've complained to anyone that will listen here at home that my country is a woefully shameful free loader in that organization. Some I don't like, criminal justice reform for instance. Anywho, here's the list from the article..

"Tax reform. Two Supreme Court nominees safely installed on the bench. The travel ban. The bonfire of federal regulations. Criminal justice reform. Legislative action aimed at ameliorating the opioid crisis. Nato members ponying up more cash. Annual wage growth is at a nine-year high. 2018 was the best year for job creation since 2015. Many of his campaign pledges, such as the renegotiation of Nafta and the relocation of the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, have been kept. Promise made, promise kept is one of his boasts that regularly rings true."
    This is half list and half wish list. The US is still part of NATO, the Muslim ban has been shut down by federal judges repeatedly, his tax "reform" is a failure that only benefitted the richest Americans, etc.

But I suppose the rest qualify. Enough to rank him anywhere from the 45th to 40th best President accoridng to conservative scholars via a poll of nearly 200 political scientists. That seems an awful long way from his own opinion of his presidency.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens