Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    this show reminds of every zombie movie put into one show. so many times during the first season i was like "HEY THATS LIKE IN THAT MOVIE".

just like him waking up in the hospital.. i immediately thought 28 days later.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I was honestly incredibly bored by the episode. Lots of drama, so I'm sure it's setting up for good things.

What really pissed me off is when Rick was talking into the radio to that guy and his son and he references the guy at the CDC and says, "I met a man there. He told me something. He told me... Forget it, it's not important"

FUCK YES IT IS IMPORTANT, THAT'S THE BIGGEST SECRET OF THE SEASON! DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT!

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I was honestly incredibly bored by the episode. Lots of drama, so I'm sure it's setting up for good things.

What really pissed me off is when Rick was talking into the radio to that guy and his son and he references the guy at the CDC and says, "I met a man there. He told me something. He told me... Forget it, it's not important"

FUCK YES IT IS IMPORTANT, THAT'S THE BIGGEST SECRET OF THE SEASON! DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT!
    Why would they blow their load on unloading the "biggest secret of the season" in the first episode? It's quite obvious the secret is going to be one of the most important things pertaining to the future and success of the survivors. Letting that go in the first episode would be a Harris-like performance of epic failure. You don't fire a gun in the holster just because your finger is on the trigger. Get the gun out, take aim, steady your shot and make sure your target can and will be hit, then fire.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    The first scene was corny as hell. Something about it just irked me. The rest of the episode was about par. Well worth watching still. I'm starting to like that blonde.. forget her name. Dead Amy's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by quick release View Post
    The first scene was corny as hell. Something about it just irked me. The rest of the episode was about par. Well worth watching still. I'm starting to like that blonde.. forget her name. Dead Amy's sister.
    Andrea.

The character who IMO took one of the largest steps forward though was Daryl. Last season he was barely a part of the group and even tried to kill T-Dog a few times. He's turning into a bit of a bad ass enforcer for them now.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

finally watched the episode.

kind of a weird start to the season.. felt like the episode dragged on but nothing happened.

season looks like its going to be good though

'The Walking Dead' Season 2 premiere draws huge rating

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...=entertainment

The season two premiere of AMC's zombie epic "The Walking Dead" Sunday night drew the largest young adult audience for any drama in basic cable history.

The 90-minute season opener drew 4.8 million viewers between 18 and 49, and about 7.3 million total viewers, according to Arbitron data.

Adding viewers from AMC's two Sunday night repeats of the episode brings the total viewership to about 11 million. But even the first telecast alone had a larger audience, and a lot more young viewers, than many broadcast network shows this season.

These viewer numbers are about a third higher than "The Walking Dead" drew at the start of last season.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

wow thats unexpected

Not at all. It's totally expected. It's slotting into the 9PM slot on AMC, an hour shy of where Breaking Bad (one of AMC's other ratings power houses) aired it's finale the week prior.

I doubt they were anticipating a number that high, but I don't doubt they were looking to hit the 5 million viewers mark.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Just saw it now on DVR. Great premiere. The split in the group, though not intentional looks very interesting. From looking at the coming attractions, I was fully expecting Grimes' son to get bit when he jacked the weapons off that guy. Was totally not expecting him to get shot.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Why would they blow their load on unloading the "biggest secret of the season" in the first episode? It's quite obvious the secret is going to be one of the most important things pertaining to the future and success of the survivors. Letting that go in the first episode would be a Harris-like performance of epic failure. You don't fire a gun in the holster just because your finger is on the trigger. Get the gun out, take aim, steady your shot and make sure your target can and will be hit, then fire.
    Quite a relevant analogy to the show
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    My reaction:

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Skipped to the bottom without reading the comments above but im 2 episodes through of season 1 I love the show, Im gonna try and watch 2 more tomorrow

Raanta and Raving BSBH Prospect

Wow episode 4 is getting crazyyyyyyyy, Zombies just attacked their camp ground, holy shit this is nutssss

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz89 View Post
    Wow episode 4 is getting crazyyyyyyyy, Zombies just attacked their camp ground, holy shit this is nutssss

I dont understand the beginning of the last episode of season 1, why did it take him to the hospital if hes already with them? Or was that a flash back of what happened before he woke up?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz89 View Post
    I dont understand the beginning of the last episode of season 1, why did it take him to the hospital if hes already with them? Or was that a flash back of what happened before he woke up?
    Flash back, dude.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Okay thats what i figured it was, just took me a few minutes to realize it

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Lol, it wasn't obvious it was a flashback?

Don't read below if you haven't watched premiere of 2nd seasom

By the way, finally saw the premiere, obviously saw it coming that he wasn't going to tell the secret, but you never know.
    I like to point out that I agree with siddious, felt like the whole episode dragged on trying to find the daughter and then nothing happened.... BUT to see that the kid got shot was unexpected... I was even spoiled because I saw millions of facebook friends saying "WTF HAPPENED TO THE SON?" so spoiled me in a way because I knew something was going to happen to the son at the end of the episode.

Him getting shot? Didn't think that was going to happen. Actually at that point of the episode, i thought a walker was going to run out and bite him OR the deer or w.e kind of deer you want to call it was going to attack the kid (but that would have been corny as fuck).

But all in all, very good episode and I'm actually upset I missed this premiere on the first night because I had to watch the crappy 3rd episode of Dexter instead.

I just hope that the producers know the right path for this show and don't fuck it up by making the group split up completely. I'm hoping to see more about the relationship between Shane and Grimes and if Shane and Mrs. Grimes will eventually confess to Grimes (always forget his name? i think Jim?). Although that's mostly drama, i think it is significant because it might break Jim and his confidence IMO.

We'll see what goes on, but for a second, I thought T-dog was going to die which I would have hated. I like him and feel like he should be alive to see Dylan (the guy who was locked-up) if he's still alive and if they ever meet again.

And Dylan's brother, Daryl, is easily becoming one of my favorite characters. I like the change and I like the enforcer role he plays.

Kudos for a good premiere

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast