• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.

Helluva premiere. This season should be fantastic.

I love the dissension in the group and the fact that they're set to run into another survivor group.

Carl getting shot at the end was in-sane, though. Can't see him surviving that.

I was honestly incredibly bored by the episode. Lots of drama, so I'm sure it's setting up for good things.

What really pissed me off is when Rick was talking into the radio to that guy and his son and he references the guy at the CDC and says, "I met a man there. He told me something. He told me... Forget it, it's not important"

FUCK YES IT IS IMPORTANT, THAT'S THE BIGGEST SECRET OF THE SEASON! DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT!

I was honestly incredibly bored by the episode. Lots of drama, so I'm sure it's setting up for good things.

What really pissed me off is when Rick was talking into the radio to that guy and his son and he references the guy at the CDC and says, "I met a man there. He told me something. He told me... Forget it, it's not important"

FUCK YES IT IS IMPORTANT, THAT'S THE BIGGEST SECRET OF THE SEASON! DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT!

Why would they blow their load on unloading the "biggest secret of the season" in the first episode? It's quite obvious the secret is going to be one of the most important things pertaining to the future and success of the survivors. Letting that go in the first episode would be a Harris-like performance of epic failure. You don't fire a gun in the holster just because your finger is on the trigger. Get the gun out, take aim, steady your shot and make sure your target can and will be hit, then fire.

• Like 1

The first scene was corny as hell. Something about it just irked me. The rest of the episode was about par. Well worth watching still. I'm starting to like that blonde.. forget her name. Dead Amy's sister.

Andrea.

The character who IMO took one of the largest steps forward though was Daryl. Last season he was barely a part of the group and even tried to kill T-Dog a few times. He's turning into a bit of a bad ass enforcer for them now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/10/17/2011-10-17_the_walking_dead_season_2_premiere_draws_largest_young_adult_audience_for_drama_.html?r=entertainment

The season two premiere of AMC's zombie epic "The Walking Dead" Sunday night drew the largest young adult audience for any drama in basic cable history.

The 90-minute season opener drew 4.8 million viewers between 18 and 49, and about 7.3 million total viewers, according to Arbitron data.

Adding viewers from AMC's two Sunday night repeats of the episode brings the total viewership to about 11 million. But even the first telecast alone had a larger audience, and a lot more young viewers, than many broadcast network shows this season.

These viewer numbers are about a third higher than "The Walking Dead" drew at the start of last season.

Not at all. It's totally expected. It's slotting into the 9PM slot on AMC, an hour shy of where Breaking Bad (one of AMC's other ratings power houses) aired it's finale the week prior.

I doubt they were anticipating a number that high, but I don't doubt they were looking to hit the 5 million viewers mark.