• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. He's one of the, if not the best things about the show.

Yea, I actually thought his schtick was annoying from day 1, but mostly I think that's just because it was how he was written. There's no nuance to his persona at all.

I fucking love Negan. He is far and away the deepest, most interesting villain they've ever conjured up, specifically because of how well he rides the fence between absolute terror and absolute entertainment.

Most villains are disgusting, vile creatures who you love to hate. Negan is somehow the opposite. He's one you hate to love, becuase he is a disgusting, vile creature. Yet his personality is so vast, almost magnanimous, that you can't help but be attracted by it.

Fun finale. Not great, IMO, but not poor either. If I'm giving it a letter grade, I'd say it was a solid B, B-minus worst case scenario. A few more specific thoughts:

1. Sasha dying was handled well, but we knew she "died" two episdoes ago when she ran into the compound. But they did a good job of drawing it out like this.

2. Of course the fuckin' garbage freaks betrayed them. Did anyone really think they wouldn't?

3. Mother fuckin' Shiva!

4. Overall, it was kind of a safe route to take given exactly one person of consequence died, and she barely mattered, but it was beautifully told.

That was the worst season finale yet, and that includes the cliffhanger last season.

In a series that is ostensibly ridiculous, that was...ridiculous lol

Have to agree. The Sasha stuff played well enough, but other than that, blah. Last second saves are OK in this sort of thing, you have to expect it. But two separate groups arriving simultaneously? And knowing who the two sets of enemies are and being able to tell them apart from allies in the chaos? The tiger knowing who to maul. And where did all the zombies go? It used to be if you stepped on a branch, 20 showed up. Now massive gunfire and wide open gates draw nothing?

• 6 months later...

Pretty good first episode. It was, at least, exciting.

I'm curious as to how much this can move now, but I think, if there's not going to be a lot of plot movement, it should be a lot more campy and fun which, for a comic about a zombie apocalypse, shouldn't be a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Fun finale. Not great, IMO, but not poor either. If I'm giving it a letter grade, I'd say it was a solid B, B-minus worst case scenario. A few more specific thoughts:

1. Sasha dying was handled well, but we knew she "died" two episdoes ago when she ran into the compound. But they did a good job of drawing it out like this.

2. Of course the fuckin' garbage freaks betrayed them. Did anyone really think they wouldn't?

3. Mother fuckin' Shiva!

4. Overall, it was kind of a safe route to take given exactly one person of consequence died, and she barely mattered, but it was beautifully told.

:(

How are the walkers non-existent? They kill nearly every episode. I'd be remiss to remind you guys that the title of the show is a play on the survivors, not the dead.

The Walking Dead are the living. Hence the focus on their struggle to live in this apocalypse.

How are the walkers non-existent? They kill nearly every episode. I'd be remiss to remind you guys that the title of the show is a play on the survivors, not the dead.

The Walking Dead are the living. Hence the focus on their struggle to live in this apocalypse.

They're like herpes. They're there, but no one even cares anymore, so there's no focus on them

I guess the better question would be, assuming the focus was much more heavily slanted to their fight against the walkers, how would this show last more than a season before boring everyone to death? It'd just be your standard Land of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead-type movie, except stretched out over N number of episodes. You can't franchise that into a cult series. People would stop caring almost immediately after the first season ended.

I actually think that the show has finally found the perfect scenario to maintain interest over a long period of time. This is, for me, far and away the most interesting concept they've broached. Warring factions where both sides are mercillessly killing the other while claiming moral grounds to do so is awesome. Is Rick the good guy? Really? Is Negan the bad guy? Really?