• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

That was a boring episode, even by TWD standards.

King Ezekiel is a cool character though. Interested to see how he dies lol

They needed boring and happy based on what the premiere did. It was the hardest gut punch fans have taken in the history of the show. I'll really enjoyed the banter and singular focus on Carol's recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They needed boring and happy based on what the premiere did. It was the hardest gut punch fans have taken in the history of the show. I'll really enjoyed the banter and singular focus on Carol's recovery.

You never need a boring episode.

And I don't really buy that it was all that happy. There were little moments but I think the theme was that, despite Ezekiel's positivity, or whatever you want to call it, their situation is just as brutal and hopeless as anyone else's since they're completely at the mercy of Negan. To me, the ridiculousness of their spears, horses, and lacrosse equipment body armor is just setting them up to get annihilated.

I was speaking colloquially. I didn't actually find it boring. I just meant that they needed an episode with a massive drop off in pace to balance out the panic the premiere set.

You might be right about the a Kingdom, though. I haven't read the comics this far so I'm in the dark on this whole advancement.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Lennie Bruce died in 1966. I think you mean Lennie James lol

"It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent."

HA! Yeah, totally fucked that up.

They needed an episode like this. The Eugene episode almost made me quit the show.

Really? I loved that one, too. The ones I wanted to skip were all the ones where Rick was going to the fuckin' junkyard to fuck around with the weird cult people.

The fragmented story lines are tough for me. The fact that I binged and am now caught up probably has something to do with that. Waiting a week is tough. Having to wait three weeks to get back to a story line you're enjoying is way too much. Especially when you spend an episode, as Phil mentioned, on some weird cult people who've minimized their language in-explicitly. It's a very fragile line they are walking. If you wait weeks to...I don't know, see Daryl again and his part doesn't deliver, you're cutting your audience. Every pacing tool used in an episode now feels like a waste of more time before getting back to the story one enjoys.

So we get it, Michonne and Rick are a thing. Do we have to waste 10 minutes on them cuddling?

The fragmented story lines are tough for me. The fact that I binged and am now caught up probably has something to do with that. Waiting a week is tough. Having to wait three weeks to get back to a story line you're enjoying is way too much. Especially when you spend an episode, as Phil mentioned, on some weird cult people who've minimized their language in-explicitly. It's a very fragile line they are walking. If you wait weeks to...I don't know, see Daryl again and his part doesn't deliver, you're cutting your audience. Every pacing tool used in an episode now feels like a waste of more time before getting back to the story one enjoys.

So we get it, Michonne and Rick are a thing. Do we have to waste 10 minutes on them cuddling?

Exactly how I feel, I think the binge watch has something to do with it as well

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

In a show full of ridiculous storylines that go nowhere, Michonne and Rick is the worst one lol.

I actually didn't mind the fragmented storylines this season as much as I have in the past, as it was always pretty clear where they were headed. But it does basically mean that you'll know what's going on in the last couple of episodes of the season without watching something like the first 8 which, in the grand scheme of things, amounts to "Negan and the Saviors are bad" and "there are a lot of people who want to fight them."

Sunday's episode was pretty good, finally. Moved back and forth between story lines and advanced each pretty well. No real time wasting fluff.

Agreed. Great penultimate episode that perfectly set the stage for the extended season finale. I actually really like the last-minute play with Sasha, too.

I feel like somehow Eugene is going to end up taking out Negan. Like Rick somehow gets Lucile, but Negan draws a gun filled with bullets that Eugene manufactured to back fire and it explodes in his face.

I don't think Negan dies. He's too important to go one and done. He may end up betrayed by Eugene like you said, that's plausible, but there's no way they kill him off.

I mean, can they really just rehash what they did with the Governor where his minions are decimated but he slips away to come back later and cause havoc?

I mean, can they really just rehash what they did with the Governor where his minions are decimated but he slips away to come back later and cause havoc?

Isn't that what they've done for........everything?

I actually agree that Negan should die, but he's such a popular character that I bet he doesn't. My money is on a cliffhanger at the end of the season where we don't know if he dies or not.