• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

Why would they blow their load on unloading the "biggest secret of the season" in the first episode? It's quite obvious the secret is going to be one of the most important things pertaining to the future and success of the survivors. Letting that go in the first episode would be a Harris-like performance of epic failure. You don't fire a gun in the holster just because your finger is on the trigger. Get the gun out, take aim, steady your shot and make sure your target can and will be hit, then fire.

Quite a relevant analogy to the show :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they blow their load on unloading the "biggest secret of the season" in the first episode? It's quite obvious the secret is going to be one of the most important things pertaining to the future and success of the survivors. Letting that go in the first episode would be a Harris-like performance of epic failure. You don't fire a gun in the holster just because your finger is on the trigger. Get the gun out, take aim, steady your shot and make sure your target can and will be hit, then fire.

My reaction:

http://i.imgur.com/v9hBX.jpg

Lol, it wasn't obvious it was a flashback? ;)

Don't read below if you haven't watched premiere of 2nd seasom

By the way, finally saw the premiere, obviously saw it coming that he wasn't going to tell the secret, but you never know.

I like to point out that I agree with siddious, felt like the whole episode dragged on trying to find the daughter and then nothing happened.... BUT to see that the kid got shot was unexpected... I was even spoiled because I saw millions of facebook friends saying "WTF HAPPENED TO THE SON?" so spoiled me in a way because I knew something was going to happen to the son at the end of the episode.

Him getting shot? Didn't think that was going to happen. Actually at that point of the episode, i thought a walker was going to run out and bite him OR the deer or w.e kind of deer you want to call it was going to attack the kid (but that would have been corny as fuck).

But all in all, very good episode and I'm actually upset I missed this premiere on the first night because I had to watch the crappy 3rd episode of Dexter instead.

I just hope that the producers know the right path for this show and don't fuck it up by making the group split up completely. I'm hoping to see more about the relationship between Shane and Grimes and if Shane and Mrs. Grimes will eventually confess to Grimes (always forget his name? i think Jim?). Although that's mostly drama, i think it is significant because it might break Jim and his confidence IMO.

We'll see what goes on, but for a second, I thought T-dog was going to die which I would have hated. I like him and feel like he should be alive to see Dylan (the guy who was locked-up) if he's still alive and if they ever meet again.

And Dylan's brother, Daryl, is easily becoming one of my favorite characters. I like the change and I like the enforcer role he plays.

Kudos for a good premiere

:cheers:

Watching last week's season premiere now then hopefully right after im done watching tonights episode so im all caught up!

--

Does anybody else think Shane looks like Del Zotto alittle? lolol :rofl:

--

Very good episode tonight, Excited I picked up on the show and ready for the season.

I wonder whats going to happen with Sophia and the look for her?

Edited by Pete

When I heard they were making a 3rd season, I was so excited.

This show is actually making me think about watching almost every AMC show there is! Ha

2nd episode of season 2 was good, cannot wait to see what happens to Shane and the fat guy

Well like I said The Killing on AMC is an awesome show, Season 1 ended in the summer, I would check that one out it was really good.