Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1544

Thread: AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I think this season has been better. Less story, more action.

I still prefer them fighting walkers over fighting other people.

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar

AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think this season has been better. Less story, more action.

I still prefer them fighting walkers over fighting other people.
    I agree, it’s almost like the walkers are non existent now. And this whole Negan and Saviors thing is so drawn out, let’s move on already.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    How are the walkers non-existent? They kill nearly every episode. I'd be remiss to remind you guys that the title of the show is a play on the survivors, not the dead.

The Walking Dead are the living. Hence the focus on their struggle to live in this apocalypse.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    How are the walkers non-existent? They kill nearly every episode. I'd be remiss to remind you guys that the title of the show is a play on the survivors, not the dead.

The Walking Dead are the living. Hence the focus on their struggle to live in this apocalypse.
    They're like herpes. They're there, but no one even cares anymore, so there's no focus on them

I guess the better question would be, assuming the focus was much more heavily slanted to their fight against the walkers, how would this show last more than a season before boring everyone to death? It'd just be your standard Land of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead-type movie, except stretched out over N number of episodes. You can't franchise that into a cult series. People would stop caring almost immediately after the first season ended.

I actually think that the show has finally found the perfect scenario to maintain interest over a long period of time. This is, for me, far and away the most interesting concept they've broached. Warring factions where both sides are mercillessly killing the other while claiming moral grounds to do so is awesome. Is Rick the good guy? Really? Is Negan the bad guy? Really?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar

AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

Negan is such a bad-ass tool!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I guess the better question would be, assuming the focus was much more heavily slanted to their fight against the walkers, how would this show last more than a season before boring everyone to death? It'd just be your standard Land of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead-type movie, except stretched out over N number of episodes. You can't franchise that into a cult series. People would stop caring almost immediately after the first season ended.

I actually think that the show has finally found the perfect scenario to maintain interest over a long period of time. This is, for me, far and away the most interesting concept they've broached. Warring factions where both sides are mercillessly killing the other while claiming moral grounds to do so is awesome. Is Rick the good guy? Really? Is Negan the bad guy? Really?
    My favorite episodes don't involve Negan, Gov , scavengers etc. it's always Rick on the road, or the barn from season 2, when they were trying to get the prison, clear. I feel like the writers did more with less to work with.

We already saw this arc with the gov. Same exact shit.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    I missed season 1 and never got the chance to watch them but i want to get into that show it looked good but i was reqlly into AMC's The Killing I cant waitfor season 2 of that!
    Funny to read back in this thread. The struggle without Neftlix.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect

What I like about the walkers is that everyone who has survived so far has basically found a way to live with them. They are no longer the primary concern. In a lot of ways, they've been conquered. Even turned into tools of both offense and defense.

That said, I think this season so far has been weaker. I feel like each episode is more and more set up, then they throw in the big reveal towards the end. Gabriele is trapped in the trailer with Negan. Morales captures Rick. The king's men get gunned down. Shiva is killed. The pacing is the same for each episode and it's completely generic.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Well that's their methodology. It's been true of the series as a whole. While I share some of the same issues over just how effective that formula is, I try to focus on the bigger picture, and bigger picture-wise I feel like they've evolved well. The use of walkers as tactical elements alone is evidence of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Well that's their methodology. It's been true of the series as a whole. While I share some of the same issues over just how effective that formula is, I try to focus on the bigger picture, and bigger picture-wise I feel like they've evolved well. The use of walkers as tactical elements alone is evidence of that.

I feel like I've always been really excited for the next episode and the number of ones where I've been left feeling empty at the end have been few and far between. Maybe a small handful of set up episodes did that the past 4 or 5 seasons. This year, the opener was decent, but then it's kind of just been a low hum. Maybe it's because of the amount of time spent knocking Ezekiel off his throne. And maybe that's necessary in the consolidation of Rick's group's power (say Carol takes over the Kingdom). It has still made this season less compelling so far.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    This show is meme tier now

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Jumped the shark

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    This show is meme tier now
    when was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Jumped the shark

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Is there a timetable as to when this show will end ? I see places where they plan to have another 100 episodes. Sheesh...........
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

There was talk of them going as far as ten seasons a while back. Not sure if that's changed or not. I know that Robert Kirkman did mention that his original idea to end the show was scrapped for another, so I don't know what that did to the timeline.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I assume he wanted to end it, while AMC is pushing for a Carl spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I assume he wanted to end it, while AMC is pushing for a Carl spin-off.
    I heard that Carl is actually Jar Jar Binks. Some sort of Jedi thing.

SOMEBODY HUGE better get capped next week or I'm gonna' scream!

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast