• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

In lieu of being such a fan of Breaking Bad, I figured other AMC programming would probably be a go considering the network that airs it, and I was right. AMC is like HBO in that respect.

Only caught the first episode thus far, but I gotta say it's not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be (in terms of overt gore and bloodlust). The hardest scene to watch was when the horse died, but I really dig the overall theme and production of the show.

Anyone else watching?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch it. And the first season was incredible.

Be warned though... they're supposedly screwing up badly with season two. I mean they already aren't following the story of the comic book. Then they go and fire everyone. Then they cut the budget bigtime. People are pissed off about it... especially those who were fans of the comic book first.

This season is 13 episodes. Hard to believe they pulled that off in a year without a writing staff and with a lowered budget. I'm eager to see how it turned out.

Edited by quick release

Where'd you hear that? I honestly would expect the opposite.

And whoa. I just read about Darabont's departure from series. That sucks. Hopefully Glen Mazzara kept it together.

Well honestly I havent read anything on it but a buddy of mine keeps up with the show pretty regularly and told me so. If its bs then my mistake :rofl:

Was excited for season 2. But then I read quick release's post, and now I'm not so sure. A production like this needs a relatively large budget.

Not positive actually on the budget "cuts". I just know the main guy in charge left partly due to budget reasons. My friend was telling me they would have needed a large budget to successfully pull off one of the episodes. Something about a shit-ton of zombies.

Not positive actually on the budget "cuts". I just know the main guy in charge left partly due to budget reasons. My friend was telling me they would have needed a large budget to successfully pull off one of the episodes. Something about a shit-ton of zombies.

Yeah. That's the issue with sci-fi or shows of this ilk. It takes a large budget and a devoted crew to pull it off properly, but TV companies can't provide that forever. Especially ones like AMC.

• 2 weeks later...
Watching the 3rd episode now of season 1, I want to finish before Sunday although I think this show and Dexter are at the same time, so Dexter has priorities for me

They're running a marathon on Sunday prior to the premiere.