• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm sure I guess it does but my friend's Saturn is effective at getting him to and from work. Does that make it a good car? It's loud, smelly, uncomfortable, and the speakers make a hissing noise.

That entire episode had already established that Rick is a badass again. Obviously they have to get out. We didn't need a cheesy string of lines to hammer it in. Less is more. And again it's not the line that even bugs me.. it's the way it set-up all dramatic. "The big reveal" that Rick is a badass (which they already established). Maybe it comes down to editing.. that setup and pause was way too long and it made it feel cheesy. If it had happened quicker, it would have felt more natural.

For the record, I loved the scene where they killed Darryl's group.

It did NOT establish that Rick was a bad ass. The flashback showed a 'fatal flaw' in Rick's inability to make the right decisions to protect the group. Farmer Rick let the Gov attack the prison, then the "committee" saw Herschel get killed and Judith missing/killed. Wanderer Rick almost got Carl raped and killed. And, even 5 minutes before the end, we see Terminus Rick almost lose Carl, again, as he trusted those around him... again, and it almost got people killed, again.

Bad ass Rick was "re-born" upon entering the storage bin... as we anticipate through the final line of the episode.

The entire episode was him coming to the realization that this (the neck biting Rick) was the person he needs to be, at all times. So, essentially, this finale implies we are going to see neck-biting Rick, and only that Rick, during season 5.

• Like 1

It did NOT establish that Rick was a bad ass. The flashback showed a 'fatal flaw' in Rick's inability to make the right decisions to protect the group. Farmer Rick let the Gov attack the prison, then the "committee" saw Herschel get killed and Judith missing/killed. Wanderer Rick almost got Carl raped and killed. And, even 5 minutes before the end, we see Terminus Rick almost lose Carl, again, as he trusted those around him... again, and it almost got people killed, again.

Bad ass Rick was "re-born" upon entering the storage bin... as we anticipate through the final line of the episode.

The entire episode was him coming to the realization that this (the neck biting Rick) was the person he needs to be, at all times. So, essentially, this finale implies we are going to see neck-biting Rick, and only that Rick, during season 5.

I think you're mixing up being badass with making good decisions. IDK if you're saying that Rick came to realization that he needs to be the neck-biting guy at that moment because obviously he fucked up by putting down all of their weapons.

He's still in mid cycle of catching his mistakes after-the-fact. The finale only established that he has what it takes to be a badass again.. like I said. I mean kicking the shit out of people and getting the group out of bad situations, etc. It never establishes that he's going to make good decisions. Rick's flaw is that he lets his guard down. I don't think the last line speaks to that at all... it's just means Rick can get them OUT of this situation like he used to. It doesn't say anything about him not getting them INTO situations in the first place.

It's not necessarily about decisions. It's about Rick realizing the person he needs to be.

As you mention, bad things happen... and Crazy Rick gets them out of those situations. Guess what? He's in one of those situations, now. And guess what... it appears we're going to see Crazy Rick.

That ending line was a great way to end the season. Get the members in the train car all riled up to reign hell on Terminus when they break out. There's a reason he buried that bag in the dirt before headed in. Think he had a feeling before hand that the rest of the group was captured.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So... did anyone catch the premiere last night? It was very intense. I thought the action was great and I loved the intensity from Carol and Tyrese. I jumped out of my chair with the Morgan tease at the end. However, I honestly didn't expect Terminus to last only two episodes. And then there's this.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/10/the-walking-dead-premiere-flaw?mbid=social_twitter

In one of the worst jokes in TV drama history: 13 heroes walk into a cannibal death camp, and all 13 walk back out alive. Doesn’t it beggar belief (as much as you have any belief left to beggar in a show about zombies) that not a single one of our heroes left Terminus with more than a slight head contusion? That none of our survivors got caught in all those explosions, gleaming abattoirs, and hail of gunfire?

Nowhere is their bulletproof status in this episode more laughably obvious than in the scene where eight bodies are lined up to a trough to be bled and then butchered. Four of them are random faceless characters, the other four are our heroes. Four end up getting their throats slit, four walk away relatively unharmed. I’m surprised the prisoners from Train Car D weren’t wearing red shirts.

And I don’t mean to sound bloodthirsty or nitpicky with this observation. Who lives and who dies isn’t the only point of the show. What’s equally important is how they survive. And even if death were the only point, there were certainly plenty of deaths at the tail end of last season, including the devastating kicker of Lizzie and Mika. Perhaps we needed some good news, some sanctuary of our own, before another round of beloved character deaths started to kick in. And there is, no doubt, plenty of bloodshed left to come.

But when deaths are reserved for the end of the season (or, in the case of the ever-split The Walking Dead, mid- and end of season), then death isn’t a harrowing reality of post-apocalyptic life: it’s a predictable cycle. And the show is better than that. In last year’s premiere, a run-of the-mill scavenging trip to a grocery store cost us a new character played by Kyle Gallner, Beth’s boyfriend and someone the writers indicated would be around for awhile. I wasn’t exactly rooting for anyone to die last night, but when a trip to the grocery store has a more personal cost to the group than a daring escape from Terminus, something’s out of whack.

I was expecting someone major to die last night. I didn't want it, but it felt right. As the article states, it is incredibly difficult to believe that all of the characters (except Beth) are safe and sound. With that said, it is entirely possible that we are surprised by a death in the next few episodes, because presumably they will be on the search for shelter for a period of time. I still love the show. I love the characters. But if it prolongs and enhances the story, kill a character.

Yea I expected terminus to last at least another episode or two. But I have no complaints since the episode was really good. Don't mind that no one died because it was done some what well (thought Rambo carol was kind of ridiculous though). I look forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Yea I expected terminus to last at least another episode or two. But I have no complaints since the episode was really good. Don't mind that no one died because it was done some what well (thought Rambo carol was kind of ridiculous though). I look forward to seeing where it goes from here.

The thing I thought about Carol was that when Rick and Glenn lathered up in zombie guts in season one, it didn't work. I was surprised they brought that back. But man was she badass. I think she's gone through one of the biggest character transformations.

I thought the episode was pretty solid. I don't think a death was necessary in that first episode. I get it that they're being imprisoned by some cannibals, but it was probably only a day or two and as seen they had many containers with people. I think them keeping some characters along is better instead of just offing them because it might work in that situation. It's luck that both Glenn, Bob and Tyreese all got out of situations, but they're supposed to be lucky. It's like that guy that was in the cabin with Tyreese said about him continuing to be lucky.

The next episode seems interesting and they definitely aren't done with the Terminus group. Should be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully there isn't this chain of revenge attacks like what happened with the Governor.

Nitpickers live for this show. People are too used to all these main characters being killed off in their HBO shows that they think all shows need to kill of main characters on a regular basis.

I thought it was one of the best premiers the show has had, really excited for the rest of the season.

Absolutely. It was fantastic and for me sits only behind the debut episode in terms of quality.