Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Showtime's 'HOMELAND'

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Per the Homeland Facebook page:

EXCITING NEWS: Homeland has been picked up for a third season!
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Just watched last night's episode and I am pretty surprised they captured him so early in the season. I'm really curious to see where this goes from here on out as I read that the show was picked up for a third season today. I really hope they don't end up stretching the story too much and ruin it like they did with Prison Break.

Shit Rome you beat me to it lol.

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Going to start this after SOA and see if it's my cup of tea

Watching both episodes I missed due to the wedding and honeymoon tonight. Gonna forego the debates to catch up. I'll have my thoughts soon enough.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

"You are a disgrace to your nation, Sgt. Nicholas Brody. You're a traitor and a terrorist. And now it's time you pay for that".

Wow. I'm shocked they played this card on the CIA moving in on Brody just four episodes into the second season, and just two episodes after Saul discovered the video card. Brody is gonna have to get off on a major, major technicality that adds a whole new level of question(s) to be able to successfully drag this out if this is going to span across the remainder of the season, I'm thinking.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    "You are a disgrace to your nation, Sgt. Nicholas Brody. You're a traitor and a terrorist. And now it's time you pay for that".

Wow. I'm shocked they played this card on the CIA moving in on Brody just four episodes into the second season, and just two episodes after Saul discovered the video card. Brody is gonna have to get off on a major, major technicality that adds a whole new level of question(s) to be able to successfully drag this out if this is going to span across the remainder of the season, I'm thinking.
    That's what I'm saying. I figured they'd wait until the one of the last episodes of the season to actually make the capture. Maybe they'll use him to help them get to Abu Nazir before they deal with him? I can't see any other way of this going long enough to not only finish this season but last a whole third season on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    That's what I'm saying. I figured they'd wait until the one of the last episodes of the season to actually make the capture. Maybe they'll use him to help them get to Abu Nazir before they deal with him? I can't see any other way of this going long enough to not only finish this season but last a whole third season on top of that.
    Sure, because Nazir is still technically the bigger fish, but four episodes in? That's way early, for any drama/triller, especially for a twelve episode series.

But this isn't like 24 where much smaller fish were caught in a systematic process to continually catch the larger above them. This is the shows main antagonist being reigned in just 16 episodes into the series. That's a bold, bold move.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Sure, because Nazir is still technically the bigger fish, but four episodes in? That's way early, for any drama/triller, especially for a twelve episode series.

But this isn't like 24 where much smaller fish were caught in a systematic process to continually catch the larger above them. This is the shows main antagonist being reigned in just 16 episodes into the series. That's a bold, bold move.
    I agree its very early. That's why I cannot think of any other possible plot lines to extend the show for the rest of this season plus another. Obviously they'd have to drag the process along, a lot, but other than using Brody to get Nazir I can't think of anything else. Can't wait to see where this goes that's for sure.

Thought Sunday's episode was kinda boring, to be honest. Sort of a let down compared to what's happened the last two episodes, but I guess that had to happen considering how difficult/unrealistic it'd have been for them to match the intensity they managed by playing the capture of Brody this early.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Last night's episode was great. Completely unpredictable and exciting from start-to-finish.

So glad Dana's screen time/story looks to be getting cut for Quinn's storyline, which looks to be very promising. Him getting so close to killing Brody tonight was nuts — especially with Estes in charge of the call. Definitely looking forward to see where they're heading with him, and with Saul for that matter. I feel like a lot of Saul's time has gotten cut from the show due to Dana's inability to cope nonsense as well, but from the looks of the previews for next week, he's definitely going to play a major role in the last three episodes. The show hinted in the past at Saul being a mole with his failed lie detractor test from season 1, and now it looks like suspicion is being raised for him again. Should be interesting to see what his deal is.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Will Brody die? Damian Lewis teases possibility -- EXCLUSIVE

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/05/en...year-homeland/

Now with the only two episodes left in the second season, the big question remains — ‘Will Brody survive?’ No one will say (although click here for my colleague Adam Vary’s theory on why he should die) but Lewis thinks the appeal of the series is how the writers toy with this genre’s expectations. “Part of the talent of this writing room is that they’re not afraid to kill the sacred cow,” admits the actor. “I think that’s what’s exciting everybody. They’re prepared to be bold in their storytelling. Who knows if they’ve got any more story up their sleeves but it’s been a thrilling ride!”
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Should be an interesting end to the season for sure.

Holy fuck does the finale look good or what?

Estes/Berenson showdown/powerplay where Saul knows about the plan to kill Brody but is now being handcuffed from saying anything is definitely the strongest take-away here.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/homelan...u-nazir-brody/

But to start this week's recap, I'd like instead to explore the possible exit of a character I would not have predicted would be on the chopping block come the end of season 2: Saul Berenson.

I don't mean that literally; I don't think Saul's gonna die. But I am still haunted by our introduction last week to the formidable Dar Adal, and his parting insult to Saul: "I'm amazed you lasted this long." And now, at the end of this week's episode, Saul's very existence within the CIA is hanging by just the wiry threads of his most awesome beard.
    Of course, Estes had to take his anger with Saul even further, intoning darkly about how Saul — and I think by extension Carrie — "continually undermine" his authoritah. "I want you gone," growled Estes, brandishing his report and threatening to tie Saul up in bureaucratic purgatory if he didn't leave willingly. It was about as unequivocal as ultimatums come, but I can see it playing out in a few ways. One, Saul leaves willingly, and season 3 begins with a role reversal: Carrie officially back on the books at the CIA, and Saul living as a civilian trying to become the next Tom Clancy and failing spectacularly. Two, Saul reminds Estes that he also has a loaded gun implicating Estes in the illegal drone strike, and season 3 begins with both men locked either in a wary detente or a scorched Earth war of mutually-assured destruction. Or three, Estes dies (due to Quinn?), and Saul is saved.

This will likely (i.e. hopefully) unfold along some fourth option that hasn't occurred to me, but any way you slice it, Saul's future at the CIA has never been as tenuous as it is now. What that means for his future on the show, however, is much less clear, and for that, at least, I am grateful. While some of you can't imagine Homeland without Brody, I can't imagine it without Saul and his simultaneous grizzled wisdom and stubborn idealism.
    --

Any predictions on the finale? The teaser looked jam-packed and even teased something of a "bet you never saw this coming", but I honestly haven't a clue how they'll handle this with Nazir now dead, since I just don't think the threat of killing Brody is the bigger story.

Then again, this could go the 24 route and throw a major monkey wrench into the part-time peace we're seeing right now and reveal that Nazir wasn't in fact the head of the snake? Any ideas on direction?
    Last edited by Phil in Absentia; 12-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Holy fuck does the finale look good or what?

Estes/Berenson showdown/powerplay where Saul knows about the plan to kill Brody but is now being handcuffed from saying anything is definitely the strongest take-away here.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/homelan...u-nazir-brody/

--

Any predictions on the finale? The teaser looked jam-packed and even teased something of a "bet you never saw this coming", but I honestly haven't a clue how they'll handle this with Nazir now dead, since I just don't think the threat of killing Brody is the bigger story.

Then again, this could go the 24 route and throw a major monkey wrench into the part-time peace we're seeing right now and reveal that Nazir wasn't in fact the head of the snake? Any ideas on direction?
    I think it will be something like this. I dont think Saul gets fired. I think he get saved some how.

What a finale! A little slow for my tastes, based on the pace and excitement of the previous two episodes, but somewhat expected when they killed Nazir prior to the actual finale.

The "face turn" for Quinn was intense. That line he used exiting Estes' place where he talked about how nothing bad better happen to Brody, or Estes would find him back in that chair, because "I'm a guy that kills bad guys" was fuckin' awesome. It was hard to imagine a sequence of events where Quinn would have become as high-profile as he has this season, just to throw it all away (along with his conscience and character depth) in the same basket, reverting to that "just a soldier" level anyway, so that was great to see.

Oh, and if that "You're the smartest and the dumbest fuckin' person I've ever known" doesn't perfectly define Carrie Matheson, I have no idea what does. Well done, Saul. Well fuckin' done.

Very Howard Gordon-like ending, though, with the explosion at the Langley, effectively "framing" Brody (as if the release of his pre-recorded video from the botched suicide bombing wasn't enough), who's now going to be hunted as the prime suspect. Well done! Season 3 is gonna be a fuckin' ride!

I think the one thing that's killing me now is not knowing what the fuck Saul was muttering in Arabic standing in the room with the 200+ victims. That "smile" of his as Carrie walked back in was creepy as fuck…
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    What a finale! A little slow for my tastes, based on the pace and excitement of the previous two episodes, but somewhat expected when they killed Nazir prior to the actual finale.

The "face turn" for Quinn was intense. That line he used exiting Estes' place where he talked about how nothing bad better happen to Brody, or Estes would find him back in that chair, because "I'm a guy that kills bad guys" was fuckin' awesome. It was hard to imagine a sequence of events where Quinn would have become as high-profile as he has this season, just to throw it all away (along with his conscience and character depth) in the same basket, reverting to that "just a soldier" level anyway, so that was great to see.

Oh, and if that "You're the smartest and the dumbest fuckin' person I've ever known" doesn't perfectly define Carrie Matheson, I have no idea what does. Well done, Saul. Well fuckin' done.

Very Howard Gordon-like ending, though, with the explosion at the Langley, effectively "framing" Brody (as if the release of his pre-recorded video from the botched suicide bombing wasn't enough), who's now going to be hunted as the prime suspect. Well done! Season 3 is gonna be a fuckin' ride!

I think the one thing that's killing me now is not knowing what the fuck Saul was muttering in Arabic standing in the room with the 200+ victims. That "smile" of his as Carrie walked back in was creepy as fuck…
    I thought it was yiddish.

Yeah, turns out he was speaking Hebrew/Yiddish after all, so there goes that theory.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Trying to figure out who the mole is. I initially thought it was the muslim guy, but he apparently died in the bombing.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Just finished season 1. Whoa.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast