Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Showtime's 'HOMELAND'

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    I bet they would if you actually said something. As dumb as it sounds, it might be something they just didn't pick up on, that they'd fix if they realized the mistake they made.

You can probably email them, or contact them via Facebook or something just to say it.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I bet they would if you actually said something. As dumb as it sounds, it might be something they just didn't pick up on, that they'd fix if they realized the mistake they made.

You can probably email them, or contact them via Facebook or something just to say it.
    You think so? I'll give that a shot. I'll tell you what though, if there is in fact some kind of Military Liaison on set they sure as shit better find someone new because he/she is doing a shitty job on the small simple details.

It's certainly worth a shot, no?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just got past episode six last night where they reveal it's not actually Brody who's turned, but his "dead" partner.

Intense, intense moments building there with Carrie/Brody developing their little love fling.

Mia San Mia BSBH Prospect
    Keep watching............ you ain't seen nothing yet.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on this as it's being depicted just yet. Made me want to sit down and power through the rest, but didn't have time.

I'm hoping to watch at least three more tonight.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Great little cliffhanger ending there to finish off the first season, and even better with Brody not actually going through with the attack despite the initial misfire. Killing him off this early would have effectively neutered the show and given no cause for a return despite the fact you may have been able to build new threats in each new season. You can tell this is something Howard Gordon is lifting from his time with the X-Files, and something that reverses the trend he went with for 24 — a show that's quite similar in fashion to Homeland.

Color me intrigued, and just in time for season two, too.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I finished off the season today too. It's a good show, and I'm looking forward to the next season. Nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure why it won that Emmy, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I finished off the season today too. It's a good show, and I'm looking forward to the next season. Nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure why it won that Emmy, but whatever.
    The writing is untraditionally compelling. The main protagonist is able to bounce between protagonist/antagonist with ease. You're lead to believe he's a "terrorist", but come to realize he's actually a politically motivated "patriot" who believes in his cause. There's more to the story than a blind hatred for "The West" by means of Islam, despite his conversion.

A lot of Stockholm Syndrome, etc. going on.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

The writing is untraditionally compelling. The main protagonist is able to bounce between protagonist/antagonist with ease. You're lead to believe he's a "terrorist", but come to realize he's actually a politically motivated "patriot" who believes in his cause. There's more to the story than a blind hatred for "The West" by means of Islam, despite his conversion.

A lot of Stockholm Syndrome, etc. going on.
    While that's true and I recognized it too, I also felt it was very predictable at times. For instance:
      Spoiler: {option} 
    Once they revealed his partner was still alive, my first thought was that they were working together.

Maybe it's because I'm a 24 fan and I'm conditioned to not believe a single thing I see or to always expect the unexpected.

But you're right. The characters are very well written, for the most part (I hate Jess). There's a unique sense with the way the characters have been developed so far.

Well the one thing that separates the Homeland characters from the 24 characters is that the Homeland characters seem to be much more rooted in reality, where there is good and evil to each of them, that they fight to balance—at least in my opinion—where as with 24 you had clearly defined protagonist/antagonist lines drawn. The struggle for stability was there, but the line of morality was far less blurred.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Well the one thing that separates the Homeland characters from the 24 characters is that the Homeland characters seem to be much more rooted in reality, where there is good and evil to each of them, that they fight to balance—at least in my opinion—where as with 24 you had clearly defined protagonist/antagonist lines drawn. The struggle for stability was there, but the line of morality was far less blurred.
    Right. I wasn't really comparing 24 to this show so much as I was just saying that watching 24 prepared me for the twists and turns along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Right. I wasn't really comparing 24 to this show so much as I was just saying that watching 24 prepared me for the twists and turns along the way.
    Absolutely. I felt the same way abou the same moment, for the record. The second they did the swerve, I though "red herring", and was dead on too.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Season premier tomorrow night!!! Going to have to dvr it since I'll be preoccupied with Big Blue tomorrow night.

So what did you gents think about last nights ep?

I thought they did a great job of establishing the suspicions of Brody's family early. Kinda funny how the tables are turning with his daughter and wife, where the prior season had them in almost completely opposing roles.

The teaser for the remainder of the season looks incredible. This season is gonna be jam-packed, for sure.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    This is like the third episode I have seen (randomly) and this show always sucks me in.. I am going to have to download the whole thing haha

All I can say about last night's ending:

Awwwwww shit!
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Mia San Mia BSBH Prospect
    I really hated that entire episode up until that ending scene where I jumped out of bed yelling fuck yea!

But, my biggest pet peeve in TV shows is when they write unrealistic coincidences into the story line. So a 1st term congressman becomes a (POSSIBLE) VP candidate, gets sent to an off the book meeting with the homeland security director at the pentagon about Iran nukes, that meeting is cancelled because it just so happens at that EXACT time a special op's team is about to execute a play to capture/kill the biggest terrorist leader, and somehow this 1st term congressman is invited to sit-in on this super covert meeting with THE JOIN CHIEFS OF STAFF, and it just so happens that this congressman happens to be a double agent so he is able to WARN said terrorist as it's happening live and save his life.

Pleassssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee... lol

LOL. I thought the same, Harris.

Then again, when it comes to shows like this, I tend to discard that kind of realistic expectation. It's Howard Gordon. He did 24, so if Jack Bauer can survive a nuke blast by diving behind a rock, then what you explained is certainly plausible.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast