• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

That makes sense to a degree, but not from a real estate utilization standpoint.

I've written off working from home in a true sense for at least the next 7-8 years. It's too much chaos with kids, I usually leave and go sit at Timmies, so what's the point. I like going to an office.

That makes sense to a degree, but not from a real estate utilization standpoint.

I've written off working from home in a true sense for at least the next 7-8 years. It's too much chaos with kids, I usually leave and go sit at Timmies, so what's the point. I like going to an office.

It does if you can cut your footprint in half.

It does if you can cut your footprint in half.

Personal interaction is important. What you said is "communication among the staff is very important. you don't get that when working from home".

I was just pointing out that you certainly get enough communication between remote employees. Maybe too much.

I have 2 directs on the west coast, my "boss" is in SF and my executive creative director is in Austin. We have a ton of remote workers. I talk to my boss once a week, my ECD every day, the directs on the west coast I forget are even there because they're really good and work with very little guidance.

I prefer my team in NY and usually tap them for critical work because it's easier to explain what I need to someone looking over my shoulder and easier for them to have me look over theirs to see if they've done it the right way.

The WFH thing will flare up for a year and then will revert back to a new normal...something like a Mon / Wed shift of people who go in, offices get cleaned overnight and then a Tues / Thurs group of people go in. Everyone WFH Friday.

I guess I depends on the industry. I also tend to think that people who work from home dont do as much, compared when in the office. I think more would be accomplished in the office. And faster.

Oh and less traffic is :thumbs: I drive to work.

I’d never get as much done aat home. I like my office, everything i need is there right under my nose.

I guess I depends on the industry. I also tend to think that people who work from home dont do as much, compared when in the office. I think more would be accomplished in the office. And faster.

Oh and less traffic is :thumbs: I drive to work.

I don't know what industry you're in but it's a long debunk myth that people who work from home are doing less. Many times, they're actually doing more.

I don't know what industry you're in but it's a long debunk myth that people who work from home are doing less. Many times, they're actually doing more.

impossible to do more when you have distractions like kids. but it depends on the individual situation I guess. i'm definitely more productive in the office than WFH

Agree that younger kids can be a distraction from work as you try to attend their needs. We have two boys ages 21 and 23. The younger guy just graduated college and the internship he was looking forward to transitioning into a job has stopped all offers to interns this year. He's put himself on the NYS list for Contact Tracers training and employment. The older guy was working 50-60 hours a week in the office, but since moving home he 'only' puts in 50-55 now. It's a myth that WFH means less production for the company. And previously mentioned, I've been WFH for almost 20 years. There were plenty of early years where I pulled 'all-nighters' working until 4-5AM in order to get ahead of work deadlines when the crunch came. I don't do that anymore as we've expanded our office staff talking on some of those responsibilities.

Are their slackers at home? Certainly and just like those who walk around the office carrying something, anything just to look busy. LOL - it brought back a thought from a old-timer when I first started a real job. He said that anytime I left my desk or our department, carry a file or a short-stack (of papers) so management would be reluctant to dump some thing on you as you walked past. I thought it nonsensical at the time but soon saw the wisdom of his advice. Oh, those goofy days.

• 4 months later...
30 here this morning. Luckily a dry, mild week ahead. Can?t beat October weather. Hoodies and shorts 4LIFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Really is the best way to dress lol.
I've always questioned this. Especially with flip flops. If you're chilly enough to wear a hoodie, covering your legs and feet would probably help LOL

I've always questioned this. Especially with flip flops. If you're chilly enough to wear a hoodie, covering your legs and feet would probably help LOL

I hate flip flops. Always have. Lol.

Sneakers for me. I can handle shorts til about this temperature but below freezing = pants.

I also hate pants.

Wear a lot of these. Feels exactly like I’m wearing sneakers without having to deal with socks and all that crap lol. Even been on some light hikes with them and they’re perfect. My legs never feel cold anyway lol

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/816k5m2W2EL._AC_SX695._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg

Wear a lot of these. Feels exactly like I?m wearing sneakers without having to deal with socks and all that crap lol. Even been on some light hikes with them and they?re perfect. My legs never feel cold anyway lol

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/816k5m2W2EL._AC_SX695._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg

I'm not that much of a middle aged suburban dad yet LMAO.

I hate flip flops. Always have. Lol.

Sneakers for me. I can handle shorts til about this temperature but below freezing = pants.

I also hate pants.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-shouldn-t-wear-flip-173000030.html Flip flops are BAD. That thing between your toes, not fun.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-shouldn-t-wear-flip-173000030.html Flip flops are BAD. That thing between your toes, not fun.

According to Dr. Cunha, it all depends on the activity. This means that short-term wear is A-OK, just as long as you’re not doing strenuous work, like running or hiking.

Lol, no one hikes or goes running in flip flops.