• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Where I live in SI, we live in a small community block. The people are nuts.

There was a community meeting like 2-3 days ago and people were yelling at like 9:30pm at night, arguing about shit.

Apparently some guy is putting orange cones on the street to save himself a spot. Except, it's not in front of his house, it's in front of someone else's.

Douche move eh?

Yea, that's fucking ridiculous.

I've lived on a dead end block that was actually private, and it was understood that the spot in front of your house was "yours". Some people parked in it, others rented it.

I've also lived on blocks where, when it snowed, if you spent the time to dig your own car out, you could throw a cone or garbage can in it and no one would park there.

But there's always a dickbag who doesn't respect these rules.

On the private block it was even worse because we would use cones, and people would just drive onto the block, past the signs that said "PRIVATE BLOCK, NO TRESPASSING" move a cone, and park there. Especially during the holidays. That's ballsy.

That is horrible. We have tons of space in front of my block, but we try to leave room for our tenants. They have 2 cars, but they are respectful. They always just park one there and park another car around the block which is cool.

Also, yeah...that's what my neighbor said..the front of your house is your spot. But unfortunately, I'm always coming home at 7pm and I see this black car sitting in front of my house all the time.