• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

We're powered up again. ConEd said they had a fire in one of their access points (those sewer grates with their logos on it) and it basically fried all the wiring. A lot of homes on my block all lost power for like six hours while their emergency crew came in to fix it all. I guess the FDNY have to be called by default whenever these issues occur, not just to put the fire out, but to make sure that the basements all the wires are going into are all OK.

We're powered up again. ConEd said they had a fire in one of their access points (those sewer grates with their logos on it) and it basically fried all the wiring. A lot of homes on my block all lost power for like six hours while their emergency crew came in to fix it all. I guess the FDNY have to be called by default whenever these issues occur, not just to put the fire out, but to make sure that the basements all the wires are going into are all OK.

Glad to hear you and the Mrs. are ok. That's some crazy ish.

First day of being in an A Capella group and it's pretty fucking awesome.

Video or didn't happen :p

Yeah, apparently a transformer blew, and then had some kind of residual affect on the wires that caught fire, and they had to repair both, which is why we were without power so long.

But appreciate the concern. We're all good.

On a related note (of bad news), was in the veterinarian ER until 2AM last night with the wife's cat. Cat had bambi legs. Couldn't get up or move more than a step without falling over. Looked like the hind legs were basically completely giving out.

There for moral support, obviously, being an avid non-lover of cats. Good news is the cat seems to be OK. They ruled out the more serious issues and think it's a combination of old age leading to muscle loss and a lack of potassium and some other element from her diet. So now she's on some other type of seven-day medication that we'll have to take her into her regular vet for in seven days to check on.

Today is gonna be fun — aka many, many cups of coffee needed.

The good news is, not just that the cat is relatively OK, but one of my wife's regulars at the salon she works at works the overnight shift at VERG (Veterinary Emergency & Referral Group). Total surprise when we walked in and she was behind the desk, so she actually cut us a huge discount by the end of the night. Cut the exam fee (like $100) and some other discount. We were estimated like $300+ and ended up only having to pay half, and she got us a six month interest free payment plan on it on top of it, just so it's even less out of pocket.

Yeah you did! Sorry for not congratulating you earlier!

And don't listen to these nitwits telling you your life is over. Your life is just beginning.

Marriage is wonderful when you marry the right woman, and you seem to have picked the right woman. :thumbs:

Yeah, apparently a transformer blew, and then had some kind of residual affect on the wires that caught fire, and they had to repair both, which is why we were without power so long.

But appreciate the concern. We're all good.

On a related note (of bad news), was in the veterinarian ER until 2AM last night with the wife's cat. Cat had bambi legs. Couldn't get up or move more than a step without falling over. Looked like the hind legs were basically completely giving out.

There for moral support, obviously, being an avid non-lover of cats. Good news is the cat seems to be OK. They ruled out the more serious issues and think it's a combination of old age leading to muscle loss and a lack of potassium and some other element from her diet. So now she's on some other type of seven-day medication that we'll have to take her into her regular vet for in seven days to check on.

Today is gonna be fun — aka many, many cups of coffee needed.

dude, that sucks. even if you're not a cat-lover, i'm sure you can appreciate the feelings of taking an animal to the vet when you know something isn't right.

potassium supplement?

i just had to put a cat down about 3 weeks ago who had severe arthritis. thankfully, he was still standing, but they think he had cancer due to how much weight and how quickly he lost it.

Got engaged this weekend. :cool:

aren't you like 12?

dude, that sucks. even if you're not a cat-lover, i'm sure you can appreciate the feelings of taking an animal to the vet when you know something isn't right.

potassium supplement?

i just had to put a cat down about 3 weeks ago who had severe arthritis. thankfully, he was still standing, but they think he had cancer due to how much weight and how quickly he lost it.

Oh, of course. I dislike cats, but I love animals, and really, I don't like to see any animal suffering. I felt really bad for the cat, but worse for my wife considering she's had her for 16 years.

Yeah you did! Sorry for not congratulating you earlier!

And don't listen to these nitwits telling you your life is over. Your life is just beginning.

Marriage is wonderful when you marry the right woman, and you seem to have picked the right woman. :thumbs:

Haha, thanks. I take it in stride. It's mostly a joke anyway ;)

Congrats. Best of luck. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/08/99b640330889cdc4a664f0d97dd48e87.jpg

Thanks

aren't you like 12?

25, you jagaloon!

that's really cool!

any links out there to check out?

originals?

or covers? or BOTH?

Video or didn't happen :p

First rehearsal was yesterday so no video yet, but we are going to be putting out an album this year which is cool.

The group is called 36 Madison Avenue. James Van Der Beek is an alum of the group.

As far as I know we mostly do covers, but all of the arrangements are our own and they sound pretty good. I have to learn like 5 songs in the next 13 days though and that's rough. I'm a bass though so it's not too hard.

First rehearsal was yesterday so no video yet, but we are going to be putting out an album this year which is cool.

The group is called 36 Madison Avenue. James Van Der Beek is an alum of the group.

As far as I know we mostly do covers, but all of the arrangements are our own and they sound pretty good. I have to learn like 5 songs in the next 13 days though and that's rough. I'm a bass though so it's not too hard.

Just finished customer support with Comcast. I understand the reasoning behind suicide now. Death means you go to a place where Comcast probably isnt.

i've only been a comcast client for 3 weeks and i've already had an escalated call with them. i was promised a call back "the next day" - that call back came about 3-4 days later.

it wasn't a huge deal, but it's just like...come the fuck on guys.

in addition, they're clueless.

i manage a tech support team; i know customer service.

they didn't understand my original issue, which is how i believe it was escalated to begin with.

They sent me a standard definition box even though I have an HDTV, but never asked in the first place what kind of TV I have. So it took 2 hours to get them to give me an HD box and get rid of the fees associated with both boxes. She originally offered me $5/month HD DVR which I was gonna take but then she was like oh wait theres actually a $10/month fee to use the $5/month box (priorities!) So I got the damn regular box for $10/month instead. The day they go bankrupt should be a national holiday.

They sent me a standard definition box even though I have an HDTV, but never asked in the first place what kind of TV I have. So it took 2 hours to get them to give me an HD box and get rid of the fees associated with both boxes. She originally offered me $5/month HD DVR which I was gonna take but then she was like oh wait theres actually a $10/month fee to use the $5/month box (priorities!) So I got the damn regular box for $10/month instead. The day they go bankrupt should be a national holiday.

lol. i hated signing up with them, but they offer the fastest speeds out of anyone in the area. like...considerably faster. and i work from home for a software development company, so i kinda need the speed.