• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

because everyone in U.S. gets Xmas off regardless of religious belief... government, corporation, university, whomever. Doesn't matter if you're Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Rastafarian, Satanist, Agnostic, Atheist. As an atheist, I share the gifts and merriment. Better than dwelling on the thousands of years of wars fought in the name of Odin, Allah, God, Yahwah, Zeus, or the tooth fairy.

Which elements, exactly, are in deference to Christ? The pagan wreaths and trees? The snowflakes? Santa Claus and all his toy-building elves living in the North Pole? Flying reindeer? Gift-giving?

I guess you might be able to make a body and blood argument for milk and cookies... :rofl:

because everyone in U.S. gets Xmas off regardless of religious belief... government, corporation, university, whomever. Doesn't matter if you're Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Rastafarian, Satanist, Agnostic, Atheist. As an atheist, I share the gifts and merriment. Better than dwelling on the thousands of years of wars fought in the name of Odin, Allah, God, Yahwah, Zeus, or the tooth fairy.

Everyone? Who gave you your movie ticket?

Which elements, exactly, are in deference to Christ? The pagan wreaths and trees? The snowflakes? Santa Claus and all his toy-building elves living in the North Pole? Flying reindeer? Gift-giving?

I guess you might be able to make a body and blood argument for milk and cookies... :rofl:

again, u're deflecting. what do you care how Christians celebrate Christmas and what things they thought of to make their celebrations happier and more meaningful? it is still a celebration of their Lord and Savior. you're being hypocritic.

now send those gifts my way. im jewish, I didn't get shit for christmas

I'll send those gifts your way. You send 'em to the pagans the Christians stole the date from. Deal?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an Easter egg hunt to start planning for the Spring. Chocolate Bunnies for Christ, we're calling it.

Yeah, both my wife and I were raised Catholic... I've gone all the way to atheist, she is closer to agnostic/unaffiliated christian, impossible to define other people. Son is in third grade, and Minnesota is easier than Georgia. Son is going to figure out his belief system as he grows up (Christian, Buddhist, agnostic, whatever). I do appreciate the social aspect of churches (give to others, charity, thinking about your community). And I get that the church needs a 'cut' in order to keep functioning. So on a local level, I appreciate the work of individual houses of worship. Of course, you hear about the pedophilia, and the systematic abuses of power... and it's a quick mental trip back to the Middle Ages.

To each their own. No one has an easy path, we're all finding are way.

• 2 weeks later...

$_86.JPG

Anyone with kids sitting on old wrestling figures and/or a wrestling ring like the above that they don't want?

Owen's been playing more and more with old ones I gave him from when I was a kid, but new ones are pretty expensive given he's just gonna throw them and slam them around.

I'm happy to pay you some kind of lump sum plus shipping, if so. Let me know.