• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Gotta bring back Parsley's weather thread. This hurricane season has been quite active.

Yeah it was nuts. I'm not a huge fan (follower) of tropical activity since I moved away from the coastline but the number of and quick intensification of tropical cyclones in recent years is astounding.

I don't post as much regarding weather since we really haven't had a legit winter storm in over 2 years. With that said, if anyone ever needs a weather update/forecast here they can always hit me in a thread or PM.

Usually, if there is something exciting down the pipeline weatherwise I try to post about it here as a heads up. I'm hoping for a mild, dry November. It's a long, dark month with the short days ahead.

How's Halloween look down there? Are kids still heading out?

last night i made 90 zip lock baggies with 5-6 pieces of candy in each and set up a station for contactless plus sanitation. At 1pm they weren't really touched but by 530, all but 5 are gone with a steady stream so here seemed pretty busy still. Where i am specifically in my village though is big for Halloween. A lot of parents drop their kids off in my development because our area has all the houses on top of the village and is all cul de sacs so it's pretty safe and no one comes through here unless lost or lives in the area.

Woke up this morning to see the better half standing on the couch wiping something in the ceiling by the central ac return. Proceed to still be half asleep and ask what she’s doing. She tells me must be condensation from the return. I explain it’s 40 degrees and we don’t have the ac on. Then it hits me....I see a large portion of the ceiling sheet rock is bubbled filled with water. Ugh. Fun times. Now I have a giant hole in my ceiling and thankfully got a plumber to show up before 11am to diagnose and promise to return by Wednesday.

Fast fwd to when we go shopping for a new shower body.....boom, run over two nails in the road and flat. Awesome Sunday.

Woke up this morning to see the better half standing on the couch wiping something in the ceiling by the central ac return. Proceed to still be half asleep and ask what she’s doing. She tells me must be condensation from the return. I explain it’s 40 degrees and we don’t have the ac on. Then it hits me....I see a large portion of the ceiling sheet rock is bubbled filled with water. Ugh. Fun times. Now I have a giant hole in my ceiling and thankfully got a plumber to show up before 11am to diagnose and promise to return by Wednesday.

Fast fwd to when we go shopping for a new shower body.....boom, run over two nails in the road and flat. Awesome Sunday.

Damn. That is rough. Good luck buddy.

Call me, I’ll come rock it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy Chi see New Year to those that celebrate or care about other cultures traditions.

Year of the Ox for 21.

What to eat if Friday night is open for ideas? Noodles. Doubt you find and place that sells longevity noodles which is one long giant noodle but still. Any noodles can work but don’t cut them. Long noodles symbolizes long life. Also leafy green vegetables like spinach, bok choy, etc symbolize money and prosperity.

I’ll teach you a simle Mandarin phrase. gong Xi Fa cai (English it’s gong shi fah t-sigh). Or in Cantonese in gong ay fat Choi (English is gong hay fat choy)

Enjoy. If anyone has any other question I’d feel free to answer.

Happy Chi see New Year to those that celebrate or care about other cultures traditions.

Year of the Ox for 21.

What to eat if Friday night is open for ideas? Noodles. Doubt you find and place that sells longevity noodles which is one long giant noodle but still. Any noodles can work but don?t cut them. Long noodles symbolizes long life. Also leafy green vegetables like spinach, bok choy, etc symbolize money and prosperity.

I?ll teach you a simle Mandarin phrase. gong Xi Fa cai (English it?s gong shi fah t-sigh). Or in Cantonese in gong ay fat Choi (English is gong hay fat choy)

Enjoy. If anyone has any other question I?d feel free to answer.

Looks like someone started celebrating early!
  • Like 1