• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

my wife said that last night she had a dream she was getting married. and it wasn't to me. should I be worried?

Yes, but you brought that on yourself. Your 401k is probably toasted.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?22640-Fed-Injects-1-5-Trillion-into-Market&p=1012677&viewfull=1#post1012677

Jimmy, want to sleep with my wife?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this sucks... need to get back and finish the season. corona has been a re BBBH board killah as well.

hope everyone is safe and well.

i actually found out i like working from home. i'm more productive. set up my own llc and may never go back to an office.

a lot of shit is going to change.

i actually found out i like working from home. i'm more productive. set up my own llc and may never go back to an office.

I?ve been WFH for almost 20 years now. At first it was odd and a bit disconcerting not having that daily social interaction. Now? I go to the office 1-2 times a year at most and see everyone at the X-mas party. (I do see part of our team every week or so when we are conducting auctions in various counties so the social part is back.)

Stronger WFH/WFA policies are gonna be a silver lining from all of this, me thinks.

They absolutely should be. If you can work from home, you should. It's a win for employees and employers.

I don't have kids so I'm sure things get way more complicated when kids are in the house. But as someone who has been working from home for 4 years, I am way more productive at home than in the office.

(As I post on BSBH while working)

• Like 1

They absolutely should be. If you can work from home, you should. It's a win for employees and employers.

I don't have kids so I'm sure things get way more complicated when kids are in the house. But as someone who has been working from home for 4 years, I am way more productive at home than in the office.

(As I post on BSBH while working)

not always. some employers prefer their employees working from office. communication among the staff is very important. you don't get that when working from home

not always. some employers prefer their employees working from office. communication among the staff is very important. you don't get that when working from home
Between:

Email

Slack

Project management systems aka Asana, Jira, Monday

Phone calls

Texts

Video calls

I think we've over-indexed on communication channels.

But no one will really know the full scale impacts of 100 WFH models for a year or so. There are already studies that sat meeting culture is more intense and Zoom calls more stressful than regular meetings.

Carbon emissions, I read, are down like 17% since this started.

And just like that, my company just sent out a survey to all employees gauging their reactions to a slew of new WFH/WFA policies including indefinite options. It's happening.

Not the same. Talking from personal experience. I prefer my staff to be in the office. Emails, texts, etc are impersonal. I like talking to employees face to face

Personal interaction is important. What you said is "communication among the staff is very important. you don't get that when working from home".

I was just pointing out that you certainly get enough communication between remote employees. Maybe too much.

I have 2 directs on the west coast, my "boss" is in SF and my executive creative director is in Austin. We have a ton of remote workers. I talk to my boss once a week, my ECD every day, the directs on the west coast I forget are even there because they're really good and work with very little guidance.

I prefer my team in NY and usually tap them for critical work because it's easier to explain what I need to someone looking over my shoulder and easier for them to have me look over theirs to see if they've done it the right way.

The WFH thing will flare up for a year and then will revert back to a new normal...something like a Mon / Wed shift of people who go in, offices get cleaned overnight and then a Tues / Thurs group of people go in. Everyone WFH Friday.