• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Ran into my first set of issues this morning with it re: Adobe Creative Suite. Huge pain in the ass conflicts with InDesign. Required a lot of preferences trashing, and retro installations of Java for OSX.

But otherwise, no complaints.

Ran into my first set of issues this morning with it re: Adobe Creative Suite. Huge pain in the ass conflicts with InDesign. Required a lot of preferences trashing, and retro installations of Java for OSX.

But otherwise, no complaints.

Fucking Java and how it interacts with certain programs is sometimes the bane of my existence.

Actually he stayed here in to HS. He was older than me though so I didn't attend when he did. Good guy from what my mom tells me, I had a man crush on him big time as a 6 yo. Guess I know how to pickem!

It's just that he grew up in such a backwater hick town, even by backwater hick standards. Crazy. Maybe he'll lobby to bring the Expos back.

So after being in my unit at work for 8 years, I had to go to 3 days of training, take practical tests and a 100 question test, and I am finally going to be brought into the Detective Bureau and be put on the detective track as of February 1st. Ill have to do 18 months before I actually get promoted, but after 8 years of busting my ass, I am just glad I am on the track now. I also got one of the highest marks they have had so gear since they started this truing. A couple of us got a 99, I got the very last question wrong, and one person got a 100. The highest they have gotten was a 96 so far before my group.
  • Like 4

So after being in my unit at work for 8 years, I had to go to 3 days of training, take practical tests and a 100 question test, and I am finally going to be brought into the Detective Bureau and be put on the detective track as of February 1st. Ill have to do 18 months before I actually get promoted, but after 8 years of busting my ass, I am just glad I am on the track now. I also got one of the highest marks they have had so gear since they started this truing. A couple of us got a 99, I got the very last question wrong, and one person got a 100. The highest they have gotten was a 96 so far before my group.

Congrats dude!

• Like 1

Congrats dude!

Thanks. Its been a long time in the making. We have been told too many times that we were gonna get detective shields, but they always fell back on their promises. This time though, the person who pushed for us means business. It feels good to finally get recognized by the department for the work we have done.

Awesome man! :cheers:

• Like 1