• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Fuck Disney. I'll hold out as long as I can. My wife took our 5 year old last year. I stayed home happily with our 2 1/2 year old. Saved me many headaches and plenty of $$$$$. Places like Dutch Wonderland are fine for now.

I think I'm screwed though once they are 8 and 5. That's an ultimatum my wife will probably give me.

I really love Disney, but there are many amusement parks out there that are much more affordable and offer a similar experience of recognizable characters. There's Sesame Place near you which I hear is great, the other Busch Gardens parks (like the one in Williamsburg) are terrific too, places like Dorney Park and Hersheypark offer large areas for children and water parks for all ages. The boardwalks in Jersey are catering more and more to young families now as well.

If you, or anyone, needs any amusement park advice, hit me up. It's my big passion - yes, yes, you can chuckle - and I've been to close to 200 different parks around the US and Europe. ;)

I really love Disney, but there are many amusement parks out there that are much more affordable and offer a similar experience of recognizable characters. There's Sesame Place near you which I hear is great, the other Busch Gardens parks (like the one in Williamsburg) are terrific too, places like Dorney Park and Hersheypark offer large areas for children and water parks for all ages. The boardwalks in Jersey are catering more and more to young families now as well.

If you, or anyone, needs any amusement park advice, hit me up. It's my big passion - yes, yes, you can chuckle - and I've been to close to 200 different parks around the US and Europe. ;)

Thanks.

Next step up is definitely a place like Sesame Place from places like Dutch wonderland and Hershey park which are relatively small. Kids under the age of 8 or so are impressed by just about any place you take them so I'm good for a few years longer.

We had season passes to Dutch wonderland this past year. Probably cost us 4 around $450.00 total.

We went probably a dozen times between Memorial Day through Christmas and they never got tired of it. They have a nice little water park for kids too. One visit for a family of 4 would normally run $150 or so per visit. So we basically made our money back on season passes in 3 visits.

And theres Kennywood in Pittsburgh if you want to drive out west for a mini vacation. And also being near Philly you're within a 2-3 hour drive of at least 2 Six Flags parks

Kennywood is amazing. Living history and fantastic rides, but more for older kids and adults though.

that's pretty crazy. i've seen a few fires in my life.

the first one was a car a block away from me when i lived in manhattan. nothing major, but that cab roasted.

second was a pretty large house a block away from my high school's football field. we were out there during school for PE and were all staring at this house burn down.

third was only a few years ago. you could see the smoke in the sky from a mile away. eventually i walked over and saw a building on fire. turns out it was a tire shop that got hit pretty bad.

So my dad won an Xbox One elite bundle and gave it to me for my birthday. It's signed by a bunch of Madden elite players or something and I'm pretty sure the game is pre-loaded. It came with the elite controller which is sick. So now what do I do with it lol. I dont really play games nor do I want to shell out 60 bucks per game. It didnt even come with Kinect.

So my dad won an Xbox One elite bundle and gave it to me for my birthday. It's signed by a bunch of Madden elite players or something and I'm pretty sure the game is pre-loaded. It came with the elite controller which is sick. So now what do I do with it lol. I dont really play games nor do I want to shell out 60 bucks per game. It didnt even come with Kinect.

Use it as an entertainment hub. Or give it to me.

yeah I think I'm gonna keep it and use it mostly as an entertainment hub. It's technically priceless since its autographed haha.

Would anyone here be interested in the things it came with though? Like it also came with $80 computer game glasses that decrease glare or some shit, and xbox one headphones (Plantronics RIG 500hx). I'm definitely gonna try and sell those.

yeah I think I'm gonna keep it and use it mostly as an entertainment hub. It's technically priceless since its autographed haha.

Would anyone here be interested in the things it came with though? Like it also came with $80 computer game glasses that decrease glare or some shit, and xbox one headphones (Plantronics RIG 500hx). I'm definitely gonna try and sell those.

Go for it. Post 'em here.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?7263-BSBH-General-Store-%97-Buy-And-Sell-Items-From-Other-Members-Here/