Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 395

Thread: Upcoming Concerts You're Attending

  1. #1
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    9,794
    Rep Power
    79

    Upcoming Concerts You're Attending

    Grace Potter and the Nocturnals tonight
    Allman Bros. on Tuesday
    Black Joe Lewis and the Honey Bears in 2 weeks
    Hangout Music Festival end of May
    Ray LaMontagne May 31st
    u2 July 20

  2. #2
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Damn that's a lot.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Ba Ba Bluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Section 418 / Central Jersey
    Posts
    4,463
    Rep Power
    71
    Glassjaw on 3/24
    Deftones on 5/11
    U2 on 7/20

  4. #4
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Pinkpop Rock Festival on 11-13 June in Landgraaf, The Netherlands. Headliners are Kings of Leon, Coldplay and Foo Fighters, about 35 other acts too. Among the rumoured bands (will be announced next week) are Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. It's a really relaxed, cool festival where anything goes, just 10 miles from my house. This will be the 11th consecutive edition I'm attending.
    Last edited by Jules; 03-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,892
    Rep Power
    361
    Waiting for OzzFest.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #6
    The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    High and Wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    PJNY
    Posts
    6,235
    Rep Power
    86
    So far, only the Decemberists 6/14 i think. If Death cab goes on tour after their album release, you can add them too.
    Hidden Content

    Did everything just taste purple for a second?

  7. #7
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    So far, only the Decemberists 6/14 i think. If Death cab goes on tour after their album release, you can add them too.
    death cab hasnt had a decent album since transatlanticism. plans was bearable but narrow stairs made me want to puke. ive been a death cab fan for god damn too long, their new album better not suck or i will officially stop listening to new music.

  8. #8
    The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    High and Wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    PJNY
    Posts
    6,235
    Rep Power
    86
    Yea, i liked plans, but couldn't stand narrow stairs. The Open Door EP kinda redeemed it, but it wasnt great or anything. Transatlanticism and We Have the Facts were great.
    Hidden Content

    Did everything just taste purple for a second?

  9. #9
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    36
    transatlanticism, we have the facts, photo album, and something about airplanes are all fantastic albums. i miss that mellow sound from those albums.

    ben gibbard married zoey deschanel. how is he supposed to write depressing music when he is stuck for life with one of the most beautiful women ever?!

  10. #10
    The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    High and Wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    PJNY
    Posts
    6,235
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    transatlanticism, we have the facts, photo album, and something about airplanes are all fantastic albums. i miss that mellow sound from those albums.

    ben gibbard married zoey deschanel. how is he supposed to write depressing music when he is stuck for life with one of the most beautiful women ever?!
    This. Sometimes, for the music, you have to suck it up and just be unhappy

    For me, that one song No Joy in Mudville epitomized their early sound.
    Hidden Content

    Did everything just taste purple for a second?

  11. #11
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    This. Sometimes, for the music, you have to suck it up and just be unhappy
    he should at the very least put death cab on hold until they break up and make some postal service albums instead. I am still waiting for a second album :'(

  12. #12
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    ben gibbard married zoey deschanel. how is he supposed to write depressing music when he is stuck for life with one of the most beautiful women ever?!
    Depressing only works for me when I'm not depressed or sad. If I am, I need angry music, because depressing music only make it worse, LOL. A Dutch band once wrote a hilarious song about this, in Dutch, but the title was something like "Break up for the blues", that he had always dreamt of a break-up so he could write the perfect sad whiny song, but than when she actually leaves him, he's too sad and shocked to do it.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  13. #13
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Ba Ba Bluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Section 418 / Central Jersey
    Posts
    4,463
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Waiting for OzzFest.
    Where at?

  14. #14
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,892
    Rep Power
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    Where at?
    Wherever they intend to have it. I considered Mayhem Festival, but Ozzfest is a better experience IMO.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #15
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Depressing only works for me when I'm not depressed or sad. If I am, I need angry music, because depressing music only make it worse, LOL. A Dutch band once wrote a hilarious song about this, in Dutch, but the title was something like "Break up for the blues", that he had always dreamt of a break-up so he could write the perfect sad whiny song, but than when she actually leaves him, he's too sad and shocked to do it.
    believe it or not i am the same way.

    and i do enjoy "depressing" music.

    but with that said dcfc isnt reall depressing music. its just mellow and low key. it always really annoys me when people just assume that because a song is slow and mellow that its depressing. (i know youre smarter than that jules but in general)

  16. #16
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    I know, people don't listen to lyrics and judge too much on the sound. Happens all the time. Arcade Fire is soooo good at that. Songs can sounds upbeat and deal with death, song can sound depressed, but actually speak of hope. I like that.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  17. #17
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I know, people don't listen to lyrics and judge too much on the sound. Happens all the time. Arcade Fire is soooo good at that. Songs can sounds upbeat and deal with death, song can sound depressed, but actually speak of hope. I like that.
    yea i have been a huge arcade fan since their first album as well. these are not the bands that i grew up with, but are in fact bands that grew up with me. arcade fire just has a unique sound in general though there is really no band like them honestly.

  18. #18
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    yea i have been a huge arcade fan since their first album as well. these are not the bands that i grew up with, but are in fact bands that grew up with me. arcade fire just has a unique sound in general though there is really no band like them honestly.
    My dad and I were huge fans. We played "No Cars Go" at my dad's funeral. Band will always have a special place in my heart now.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  19. #19
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,174
    Rep Power
    36
    i tend not to play music i like when it comes to big events because then good songs always remind me of those events which isnt always a good thing

  20. #20
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    i tend not to play music i like when it comes to big events because then good songs always remind me of those events which isnt always a good thing
    My dad's funeral service was more like a celebration of his life. I have, which I realize is very exceptional, warm memories to that day. The playlist for the service had like 5 songs that I absolutely love and thankfully I can still listen to them. As much as I miss him, from the moment I heard he had died I was at peace with the fact, because of everything he went through. I miss him, a lot, but ... well, it's okay.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •