u2 July 20

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Damn that's a lot.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Glassjaw on 3/24
    Deftones on 5/11
    U2 on 7/20

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Pinkpop Rock Festival on 11-13 June in Landgraaf, The Netherlands. Headliners are Kings of Leon, Coldplay and Foo Fighters, about 35 other acts too. Among the rumoured bands (will be announced next week) are Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. It's a really relaxed, cool festival where anything goes, just 10 miles from my house. This will be the 11th consecutive edition I'm attending.
    Last edited by Jules; 03-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Waiting for OzzFest.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    So far, only the Decemberists 6/14 i think. If Death cab goes on tour after their album release, you can add them too.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    So far, only the Decemberists 6/14 i think. If Death cab goes on tour after their album release, you can add them too.
    death cab hasnt had a decent album since transatlanticism. plans was bearable but narrow stairs made me want to puke. ive been a death cab fan for god damn too long, their new album better not suck or i will officially stop listening to new music.

Yea, i liked plans, but couldn't stand narrow stairs. The Open Door EP kinda redeemed it, but it wasnt great or anything. Transatlanticism and We Have the Facts were great.
    Hidden Content

transatlanticism, we have the facts, photo album, and something about airplanes are all fantastic albums. i miss that mellow sound from those albums.

ben gibbard married zoey deschanel. how is he supposed to write depressing music when he is stuck for life with one of the most beautiful women ever?!

Quote Originally Posted by siddious View Post
    transatlanticism, we have the facts, photo album, and something about airplanes are all fantastic albums. i miss that mellow sound from those albums.

ben gibbard married zoey deschanel. how is he supposed to write depressing music when he is stuck for life with one of the most beautiful women ever?!
    This. Sometimes, for the music, you have to suck it up and just be unhappy

For me, that one song No Joy in Mudville epitomized their early sound.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    This. Sometimes, for the music, you have to suck it up and just be unhappy
    he should at the very least put death cab on hold until they break up and make some postal service albums instead. I am still waiting for a second album :'(

Depressing only works for me when I'm not depressed or sad. If I am, I need angry music, because depressing music only make it worse, LOL. A Dutch band once wrote a hilarious song about this, in Dutch, but the title was something like "Break up for the blues", that he had always dreamt of a break-up so he could write the perfect sad whiny song, but than when she actually leaves him, he's too sad and shocked to do it.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Waiting for OzzFest.
    Where at?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    Where at?
    Wherever they intend to have it. I considered Mayhem Festival, but Ozzfest is a better experience IMO.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Depressing only works for me when I'm not depressed or sad. If I am, I need angry music, because depressing music only make it worse, LOL. A Dutch band once wrote a hilarious song about this, in Dutch, but the title was something like "Break up for the blues", that he had always dreamt of a break-up so he could write the perfect sad whiny song, but than when she actually leaves him, he's too sad and shocked to do it.
    believe it or not i am the same way.

and i do enjoy "depressing" music.

but with that said dcfc isnt reall depressing music. its just mellow and low key. it always really annoys me when people just assume that because a song is slow and mellow that its depressing. (i know youre smarter than that jules but in general)

I know, people don't listen to lyrics and judge too much on the sound. Happens all the time. Arcade Fire is soooo good at that. Songs can sounds upbeat and deal with death, song can sound depressed, but actually speak of hope. I like that.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I know, people don't listen to lyrics and judge too much on the sound. Happens all the time. Arcade Fire is soooo good at that. Songs can sounds upbeat and deal with death, song can sound depressed, but actually speak of hope. I like that.
    yea i have been a huge arcade fan since their first album as well. these are not the bands that i grew up with, but are in fact bands that grew up with me. arcade fire just has a unique sound in general though there is really no band like them honestly.

yea i have been a huge arcade fan since their first album as well. these are not the bands that i grew up with, but are in fact bands that grew up with me. arcade fire just has a unique sound in general though there is really no band like them honestly.
    My dad and I were huge fans. We played "No Cars Go" at my dad's funeral. Band will always have a special place in my heart now.
    Hidden Content

i tend not to play music i like when it comes to big events because then good songs always remind me of those events which isnt always a good thing

i tend not to play music i like when it comes to big events because then good songs always remind me of those events which isnt always a good thing
    My dad's funeral service was more like a celebration of his life. I have, which I realize is very exceptional, warm memories to that day. The playlist for the service had like 5 songs that I absolutely love and thankfully I can still listen to them. As much as I miss him, from the moment I heard he had died I was at peace with the fact, because of everything he went through. I miss him, a lot, but ... well, it's okay.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast