Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Upcoming Concerts You're Attending

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Hey doing some late Valentine's Day planning and looking to take my gf to see Marc Cohn on valentines day at the City Winery but it's sold out. Don't do this very often. Is there any way to get tickets when they're sold out? Don't want to spend a ton because dinner and everything else is pricey.
    Have you checked out StubHub? You might want to also post something on Craigslist, but be careful when buying tickets.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

The Horrors next Friday down in Asbury Park at the Asbury Lanes is the venue never been there.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    The Horrors next Friday down in Asbury Park at the Asbury Lanes is the venue never been there.
    Asbury Lanes was recently renovated. It's REALLY nice now. I hang out at that place all the time.

I'm seeing the Fab Faux at Count Basie in Red Bank on the 16th. For you Beatles fans out there, it's not a Beatles tribute group, where they wear the wigs and the Beatle Boots and the Sergeant Pepper's outfits. They go through any means necessary to replicate the music as closely as they can to the original track. So they have a strings section for Eleanor Rigby, a horns section for Got to Get You Into My Life, a piccolo trumpet for Penny Lane, they use a megaphone for songs like I Am the Walrus, Yellow Submarine, Tomorrow Never Knows, etc.

Only knock is that they have like three good John Lennons, but they don't have someone that can pull off a good Paul. That honor belongs to Joey Curatolo of "Rain", and they ARE a tribute group with the outfits and whatnot and the rest of the band is so-so. I much prefer the Fab Faux (must have seen them over a dozen times by now). They have a guy who can pull off the "screaming" Paul songs (Oh Darling, I've Got a Feeling, etc.), but they don't have someone who can pull off like Hey Jude, for instance. Joey Curatolo nails that.

Anyway, if you're a Beatles fan who wants to close your eyes and hear the Beatles live, I strongly recommend checking out the Fab Faux.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Thinking of going to see Chip Chipperson do a live podacast at the Paramount.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Saw Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite at the Bowery Ballroom on Saturday.
    This summer I got:
    G. Love @ the Inn at Long Beach
    Foo Fighters @ Jones Beach
    Dispatch @ Central Park Summerstage
    Toots and the Maytals @ Brooklyn Bowl
    Slightly Stoopid @ Coney Island Amphiteater

I really want to go to the Sea. Hear. Now Festival in Asbury Park but finding lodging where its affordable thats not a shithole is impossible.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    Asbury Lanes was recently renovated. It's REALLY nice now. I hang out at that place all the time.

I'm seeing the Fab Faux at Count Basie in Red Bank on the 16th. For you Beatles fans out there, it's not a Beatles tribute group, where they wear the wigs and the Beatle Boots and the Sergeant Pepper's outfits. They go through any means necessary to replicate the music as closely as they can to the original track. So they have a strings section for Eleanor Rigby, a horns section for Got to Get You Into My Life, a piccolo trumpet for Penny Lane, they use a megaphone for songs like I Am the Walrus, Yellow Submarine, Tomorrow Never Knows, etc.

Only knock is that they have like three good John Lennons, but they don't have someone that can pull off a good Paul. That honor belongs to Joey Curatolo of "Rain", and they ARE a tribute group with the outfits and whatnot and the rest of the band is so-so. I much prefer the Fab Faux (must have seen them over a dozen times by now). They have a guy who can pull off the "screaming" Paul songs (Oh Darling, I've Got a Feeling, etc.), but they don't have someone who can pull off like Hey Jude, for instance. Joey Curatolo nails that.

Anyway, if you're a Beatles fan who wants to close your eyes and hear the Beatles live, I strongly recommend checking out the Fab Faux.
    thanks man. my 13 year old is into the beatles and been asking me to see Rain. I think I want to check out Fab Faux now as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    I strongly recommend checking out the Fab Faux.

Thanks for the update on both I'm a big Beatles fan. It's also amazing how nice Asbury Park is and what a turn around. I'm heading down there on Saturday with my my for dinner.
    Curly

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021