• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CBJ Re-Sign Zach Werenski to 6-Year/$57.5M EXtension; $9.58M AAV

Phil

This doesn't help things, does it? Wow. I kind of didn't want Fox to get the Norris because it was only going to increase his value even more. Yeah, it was cool, and deserved, but I still kind of wish it didn't happen. LOL I mean, he was still going to get a lot in his next deal anyway, but that did not help matters. I don't see how Fox doesn't sign for less than ten million per year now.

This is a LOT of money for a very good, but not great player.

Don't worry about the impact on Fox here - crazy as it may be, Werenski's contract is actually almost entirely UFA years. He got to use Hamilton and Jones as comparables; Fox gets to use Heiskanen and Makar.

They have to overpay him to get him to stay and play with basically nobody.

If Fox wants to go and try and win a Norris on Columbus he's welcome. That power play life is different without Bread and Mika.

They have to overpay him to get him to stay and play with basically nobody.

If Fox wants to go and try and win a Norris on Columbus he's welcome. That power play life is different without Bread and Mika.

This.

And Werenski is really good, I think some of you underrate him a bit. I'd take Werenski over Jones easily.

And Fox still has a few years of RFA, so he cant demand as much.

Unless he goes completely nuts next season and wins back2back Norris' I guess he signs for something around 8x8-9m.