• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lines?

jsm7302

Right now, I would go:

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Kravtsov

Lafreniere - Chytil - Goodrow

4th line options, depending on opponent

Blais - Barron - Reaves

Blais - Barron - Rooney

Blais - Rooney - Reaves

etc.

I would just change one thing:

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko

Kreider - Chytil - Goodrow *** This line could be sick!!!!**

Blais - Barron - Reaves

Blais - Barron - Rooney

Blais - Rooney - Reaves

I would just change one thing:

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko

Kreider - Chytil - Goodrow *** This line could be sick!!!!**

Blais - Barron - Reaves

Blais - Barron - Rooney

Blais - Rooney - Reaves

Agreed Oz. Kreider makes sense to me on that 3rd line. Yeah, it's overpaying for a 3rd liner, but that is offset by your '1st liner being on his ELC. He'll also get his PP1 ice time as the net front guy.

I think Hunt might make his way onto that 4th line as well.

Agreed Oz. Kreider makes sense to me on that 3rd line. Yeah, it's overpaying for a 3rd liner, but that is offset by your '1st liner being on his ELC. He'll also get his PP1 ice time as the net front guy.

I think Hunt might make his way onto that 4th line as well.

Yup, forgot about Hunt...Thanks man!

Yeah, he'll get in there as well. I like the balance of that, and with Kreider, I can't see letting a contract or pay scale dictate where these guys play...you're right Gravy!!!

Our Defense looks hot too:

Fox - Lindgren

Miller - Trouba

Lunqvist - Nemeth

Tinordi***

You need a big, physical body in that top 6 until Kakko and Lafreniere become more physical

Yup. This is why I went Kreider. I don't think it's a great idea to have all 3 of Kakko, Kravtsov, Lafreniere there when the other 3 guys (Zib, Panarin, Strome) are also soft. As much as I'd like to give Laf the top 6 role, I think 3rd line + worthwhile PP time would be good for him.

Just be happy it’s not this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching a clip the other day where the second PP unit was Brian Boyle, Erik Christensen, Wojtek Wolski, Derek Stepan, and Brian McCabe. Times aren't nearly as bad as they were.

That was possibly the worst roster in 20 years of this organization. At least..

I am pumped for the third and fourth lines and potential of so many players to play up and down the lineup. I dont even want Eichel this year. I want what we got plus a better backup goalie. We are back in the mix boys. This is a team!

I know it probably wouldn’t be opening night lines, but I can see something like this down the line:

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kravtsov

Panarin - Strome - Goodrow/Chytil

Lafreniere - Goodrow/Chytil - Kakko

Blais - Barron/Rooney - Hunt/Reaves

I think Kravtsov shines on that 1st line based on what we’ve seen from him so far. I think the 2nd line needs that addition of size and/or speed, someone to get pucks and go to the net (really think we could see Chytil moved to wing). Placement of kakko and lafreniere isn’t a punishment or lack of faith, I think kakko is just looking perfect for a 3rd line role and then laf puts that line over the top skill wise, would actually rather see Goodrow centering then here and Chytil 2RW, think Goodrow will rub off really well on kakko and laf plus we need that grit on the 3rd line. 4th line is gonna be revolving based on opponent. This just makes sense to me hockey wise though I know we’d like to see laf and kakko in the top 6, I don’t think that 3rd line is without purpose any longer with gallant+goodrow centering.