• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Ryan Reaves From VGK for 2022 3rd-Round Pick; Re-Sign to $1.75mx1

Phil

Well we don’t 100% know what they would sign with here. I’m just saying, this is a bit overkill. Not trying to knock it, but just Reaves will be 35 in January. We aren’t talking about a prime guy and he’s playing a very specific limited role and one that only saw him play 30 or so games last year due to injury. We have seen this before I think. Tinordi also brought in for toughness specifically. Not sure we need two of the same exact guys, especially on a team where Trouba still is a guy I also expect toughness from. Same with Blais. Same with Rooney. Not exactly the same as Nemeth but he’s also a big guy brought in for toughness.

I’m all for shifting the needle. I’m not all for trying to be the 74 Flyers in a league where sneezing on an opponent gives them the PP.

they did this and sacrificed Blackwell, DiGuiseppe, Howden NOT Kakko, Fox, Kravtsov

Buchnevich was a cap.casualty. We knew someone was leaving, and it wasn't going to be a LW. So it's Buch, Fox or Zibanejad leaving as a cap casualty. Who do you pick?

Their top 9 is still stacked with skill.

The moves this summer are gonna make the top six stand taller. No doubt. You add three SC finalists. Two SC winners. An experienced coach and the toughest guy in the league.

More than the caps, I’m looking forward to the Islanders games.

Fuck yeah.

they did this and sacrificed Blackwell, DiGuiseppe, Howden NOT Kakko, Fox, Kravtsov

Buchnevich was a cap.casualty. We knew someone was leaving, and it wasn't going to be a LW. So it's Buch, Fox or Zibanejad leaving as a cap casualty. Who do you pick?

Their top 9 is still stacked with skill.

Yeah, I’m not sure if I’m coming across wrong. I’m not saying to have kept Buch. I just think Reaves at 35 by mid season will do less to help us make the playoffs than if we used that 1.7m cap space (even though we had plenty) to obtain something that either makes us a better hockey team in a playoff run given the toughness we already had for a roster slight different direction in the FA dept once you hired Galant and damn well knew Reaves would be obtainable given Vegas cap space and Galant’s affinity for the dude. This move should have been made prior to UFA then so you see if you wanted to add more toughness or gone a diff direction elsewhere. Personally I think with the sum total of everyone else, Reaves wasn’t necessary and just takes up a roster spot. I highly doubt he barely dresses or anything like that.

Yeah, I’m not sure if I’m coming across wrong. I’m not saying to have kept Buch. I just think Reaves at 35 by mid season will do less to help us make the playoffs than if we used that 1.7m cap space (even though we had plenty) to obtain something that either makes us a better hockey team in a playoff run given the toughness we already had for a roster slight different direction in the FA dept once you hired Galant and damn well knew Reaves would be obtainable given Vegas cap space and Galant’s affinity for the dude. This move should have been made prior to UFA then so you see if you wanted to add more toughness or gone a diff direction elsewhere. Personally I think with the sum total of everyone else, Reaves wasn’t necessary and just takes up a roster spot. I highly doubt he barely dresses or anything like that.

why wasn't he necessary?

He'll play, maybe 50 games

And hell, I'm all for rolling 3 lines in games. I also think all guys should get regular games off. And I know having Reaves, Goodrow will make everyone feel bigger. Not just Lafreniere and Kakko, but Kreider, Zibanejad, Trouba? A much needed mentality in that room and I hope it spreads.

Its the off-season, think of the possibilities!

• Like 1

Ozzy hard.

I actually spilled my drink when RJ texted me this!!! :rofl:

It's fine by me but then I'd have went a diff direction with one of the two bigger D I think and gone with more experience

Excuse me sir, but shouldn't you be guarding Toto right now!! ;) Glad all's cool man...gotta tie a weight to your feet out there dude!!!!!

they need an enforcer more than they need a third round pick

They still have a boatload of prospects that are way down the depth charts and may never see the NHL.with the rangers

...and lastly...

Dear Pete...you knew I gave up on this one, so please don't blame me!! :rofl:

I gotta admit...I can't fucking wait for the first Rangers game...I'm going to have to wear a reinforced Depends... and yes Phil...with the Nike swoosh (Just Don't do it!!) :rofl:

I will piss myself with this team at some point this season!!! Holy fuck this team is going to be tough!!!!

I don't give a rat's ass about a 3rd rounder...

Protect my kids!! Kakko, Yukon, Kravvy and Foxy!! Between Reaves and Tinordi, no one better even come near those guys or it's a Stone Cold ass-whoopin' of epic proportion!!

• Like 1

why wasn't he necessary?

He'll play, maybe 50 games

And hell, I'm all for rolling 3 lines in games. I also think all guys should get regular games off. And I know having Reaves, Goodrow will make everyone feel bigger. Not just Lafreniere and Kakko, but Kreider, Zibanejad, Trouba? A much needed mentality in that room and I hope it spreads.

Its the off-season, think of the possibilities!

Why? Because in my mind we already brought in tougher guys to play against in Nemeth and Blais, a guy that can punch in Tinordi if you feel they need that in any given day specifically, and some experience in a Goodrow that knows what it takes to sacrifice and play gritty. Goodrow and Nemeth specifically are over 6m I believe just in them. Plus we did have a couple of other guys in Trouba and Rooney. I don’t want to see the Morgan Barrons not get a shot because we needed just one last face puncher who’s best days are behind him. Remember, we want to see a message to guys like Wilson but he’s also a hockey player. I do t want Brashear 2.0 and if Drury had faith in the toughness he already brought it, a one dimensional guy approaching 35 that might already have started breaking down shouldn’t have been necessary.

Why? Because in my mind we already brought in tougher guys to play against in Nemeth and Blais, a guy that can punch in Tinordi if you feel they need that in any given day specifically, and some experience in a Goodrow that knows what it takes to sacrifice and play gritty. Goodrow and Nemeth specifically are over 6m I believe just in them. Plus we did have a couple of other guys in Trouba and Rooney. I don’t want to see the Morgan Barrons not get a shot because we needed just one last face puncher who’s best days are behind him. Remember, we want to see a message to guys like Wilson but he’s also a hockey player. I do t want Brashear 2.0 and if Drury had faith in the toughness he already brought it, a one dimensional guy approaching 35 that might already have started breaking down shouldn’t have been necessary.

Glad to see you survived, my man!! I did have a few in your honor though!! :cheers:

I don't think Barron will be the odd man out, Big K! I hear where you're going though, man...I just think he may be used as an insurance policy so the kids get a chance to "push it" a little further with no fear of being ragged.

I could be totally wrong, what do I know, but I feel like we can strike some fear into a team with this lineup right now...real fear! It's a refreshing change from what we've grown accustomed too. Reaves has only 2 years left on his deal, and 35 to me isn't too old to throw 'em. Shit! I'm 54 and I can still....ahh nevermind...I can't even throw a fucking party anymore!! :rofl:

Anyway man, glad you're good out there...That warning wouldda made me run for cover!!! ...or a bottle of Jack...whatever I found first!! LOL

This message has been sponsored by Kettle One...who would like to remind you not to Drink and post!!!

Glad to see you survived, my man!! I did have a few in your honor though!! :cheers:

I don't think Barron will be the odd man out, Big K! I hear where you're going though, man...I just think he may be used as an insurance policy so the kids get a chance to "push it" a little further with no fear of being ragged.

I could be totally wrong, what do I know, but I feel like we can strike some fear into a team with this lineup right now...real fear! It's a refreshing change from what we've grown accustomed too. Reaves has only 2 years left on his deal, and 35 to me isn't too old to throw 'em. Shit! I'm 54 and I can still....ahh nevermind...I can't even throw a fucking party anymore!! :rofl:

Anyway man, glad you're good out there...That warning wouldda made me run for cover!!! ...or a bottle of Jack...whatever I found first!! LOL

This message has been sponsored by Kettle One...who would like to remind you not to Drink and post!!!

Lol wild weather out there tonight. Tornado warnings and all lol

All I can hope is the signing brings a Tornado of success and flurry of punches lol

Panarin Strome Kakko

Kreider Zibanejad Kravtsov

Lafreniere Chytil Goodrow

Hunt Rooney Blais

Reaves

Barron, Gauthier

Lindgren-Fox

Miller Trouba

Nemeth- Lundkvist

Jones, Hajek, Tinordi

They have typically only carried one or two extra skaters . Jones and Barron are the only players that wouldn't have to clear waivers.