• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Ryan Reaves From VGK for 2022 3rd-Round Pick; Re-Sign to $1.75mx1

Phil

Tom Wilson broke the rangers

Like the trade but I worry we’re gonna over-correct here

OH i dunno

Maybe now Cindy won't run our goalie not once but twice on the same shift and we don't do anything about it!

We damn well now will plant his ass!

Going to?

The only thing that is missing from these off-season moves is to signing Doug Glatt to a two-way contract.

they lost 1 skill player they weren't going to be able to afford. They didn't gut anything.

Goodrow will fight, but he's not an enforcer. Other guys are grinders with offensive upside

As long as they don't get rid of kids, I'm good

call me the villain but i dont see why we traded a 3rd round pick for him, if we wanted someone to just play 7minutes a game and hit people just give Paquette 1x1 and save the 3rd rounder...

Think this move was more about fists than hits, or at least that's the difference between Reaves and Paquette here.

Instead of Reaves/Nemeth/Tinordi at over 5m, I think I’d have preferred Bogosian/Reaves/Cizikas at a touch over 6m or forget Reaves all together and do Bogosian/Tinordi/Cizikas and got experience, toughness, and checking all for a tad more but better well rounded. This is kind of overkill a bit.

call me the villain but i dont see why we traded a 3rd round pick for him, if we wanted someone to just play 7minutes a game and hit people just give Paquette 1x1 and save the 3rd rounder...

they need an enforcer more than they need a third round pick

They still have a boatload of prospects that are way down the depth charts and may never see the NHL.with the rangers

Vegas clearing more dead weight and cap space for Eichel.

Don't need a 34 year old enforcer. How old was Nilan when they brought his old ass in?

Glad they let a top line skill player go because they couldn't afford him, but bring in 5+ mill of 4th line talent.

This is too much. If you're going to bring in someone like this it should have been Ritchie. Atleast he can play.

Are they done over reacting to Wilson? This won't end well. But that my opinion. Glad everyone is happy. Many have been hoping for this guy.

• Like 1

Instead of Reaves/Nemeth/Tinordi at over 5m, I think I’d have preferred Bogosian/Reaves/Cizikas at a touch over 6m or forget Reaves all together and do Bogosian/Tinordi/Cizikas and got experience, toughness, and checking all for a tad more but better well rounded. This is kind of overkill a bit.

Bogosian and Cizikas wouldn't sign the same contracts with the Rangers. Also, they have longer contracts, almost forcing them into the line up. Nemeth is the only longer contract and that's to get Lundkvist going (bc they'll have to move Fox with these fucking dman contracts getting signed)

Vegas clearing more dead weight and cap space for Eichel.

Don't need a 34 year old enforcer. How old was Nilan when they brought his old ass in?

Glad they let a top line skill player go because they couldn't afford him, but bring in 5+ mill of 4th line talent.

This is too much. If you're going to bring in someone like this it should have been Ritchie. Atleast he can play.

Exactly this, im all for enforcers and being tough to play against but now we're just trying to build a team to beat up Martin & Wilson?

These moves mean the Rangers are going carry a very full roster, or a few guys are going to be cut/sent to AHL/ put on waivers during camp.

How many NHL contracts is this now?

Panarin Strome Kakko

Kreider Zibanejad Kravtsov

Lafreniere Chytil Goodrow

Hunt Rooney Blais

Reaves

Barron, Gauthier

Bogosian and Cizikas wouldn't sign the same contracts with the Rangers. Also, they have longer contracts, almost forcing them into the line up. Nemeth is the only longer contract and that's to get Lundkvist going (bc they'll have to move Fox with these fucking dman contracts getting signed)

Well we don’t 100% know what they would sign with here. I’m just saying, this is a bit overkill. Not trying to knock it, but just Reaves will be 35 in January. We aren’t talking about a prime guy and he’s playing a very specific limited role and one that only saw him play 30 or so games last year due to injury. We have seen this before I think. Tinordi also brought in for toughness specifically. Not sure we need two of the same exact guys, especially on a team where Trouba still is a guy I also expect toughness from. Same with Blais. Same with Rooney. Not exactly the same as Nemeth but he’s also a big guy brought in for toughness.

I’m all for shifting the needle. I’m not all for trying to be the 74 Flyers in a league where sneezing on an opponent gives them the PP.