• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, Nothing?

skunkman

Was no sense in us making a big UFA splash, next years is deeper anyways and we need to see what we have in Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov getting top minutes. I still thought Gallant would want a true 3C in there but 100% happy we didn't give Danault that. -- Trade still could go down with Eichel or someone else as many teams in on Eichel spent big today.

Eichel trade is still possible, but if we don't land any "big fish" I'll be absolutely fine with that. As constructed, the team will make the playoffs AND be able to sign all the huge contracts they have coming up next year.

If Eichel comes, that likely means the end for Mika after this year.

Was no sense in us making a big UFA splash, next years is deeper anyways and we need to see what we have in Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov getting top minutes. I still thought Gallant would want a true 3C in there but 100% happy we didn't give Danault that. -- Trade still could go down with Eichel or someone else as many teams in on Eichel spent big today.

i hope to hell we don't pull the trigger on Eichel!

I’d rather nothing than make a bad signing. But I still have my eye on Ritchie. Also think we might need another D like Gudbrandson etc, and a C who can win face offs (although most have signed so slim pickings there). All subject to cost of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d rather nothing than make a bad signing. But I still have my eye on Ritchie. Also think we might need another D like Gudbrandson etc, and a C who can win face offs (although most have signed so slim pickings there). All subject to cost of course.

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

Jones/Tinordi

Hajek? i think we're set with D.

Eichel trade is still possible, but if we don't land any "big fish" I'll be absolutely fine with that. As constructed, the team will make the playoffs AND be able to sign all the huge contracts they have coming up next year.

If Eichel comes, that likely means the end for Mika after this year.

I mean, a big part of me doesn't even want to change anything else. Short of getting a heavier 4C, and probably flipping Georgiev for whatever, I rather like the makeup of the team.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov

Goodrow-Chytil-Kakko

Barron-Rooney-Blais

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

Tinordi

Shesterkin

Kinkaid

That's a playoff roster, no?

I mean, a big part of me doesn't even want to change anything else. Short of getting a heavier 4C, and probably flipping Georgiev for whatever, I rather like the makeup of the team.

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov

Goodrow-Chytil-Kakko

Barron-Rooney-Blais

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

Tinordi

Shesterkin

Kinkaid

depends how good are Malkin & Letang going to play for their last paydays?

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

Jones/Tinordi

Hajek? i think we're set with D.

Yeah, I mean, personally I don’t see Tinirdi as an everyday 7th D, and Jones could do with regular minutes in the AHL. Hajek is hit and miss. I’m thinking a 7th RD in case Lundkvist struggles. Just my opinion but I do see your point. Perhaps Schneider and Robertson are closer than we think, fuck I hope so.

Yeah, I mean, personally I don’t see Tinirdi as an everyday 7th D, and Jones could do with regular minutes in the AHL. Hajek is hit and miss. I’m thinking a 7th RD in case Lundkvist struggles. Just my opinion but I do see your point. Perhaps Schneider and Robertson are closer than we think, fuck I hope so.

If anyone B.Smith

I was wanting a big mean SOB at Center

I think people are using Goodrow trade/sign to fill that slot.

No big names/moves for the Rangers today. Adding some good, old school depth players. I think we'll end up liking a few of these guys, too.

I think people are using Goodrow trade/sign to fill that slot.

No big names/moves for the Rangers today. Adding some good, old school depth players. I think we'll end up liking a few of these guys, too.

Hunt, I think, stands a real chance of bumping Rooney out of the picture. I could easily see them really loving how physical he is and pairing him with Blais on an in-your-face fourth-line.

Hunt-Barron-Blais, basically.

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov

Goodrow-Chytil-Kakko

Barron-Rooney-Blais

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

Tinordi

Shesterkin

Kinkaid

Could be but I think they're banking on quite a few taking big steps forward and I'm not sure they all will in fact I would say one or more will not.

Kreider back from being demoted down the lineup to the top line, Yukon who had what 1/3rd of a shortened season where he looked good? Kravtsov another with potential who hasn't done anything at this level - yet. Chytil who's proven he's not much of a center along with Kakko who has improved a ton but appears to need a gps to put the puck in the net. Goodrow a really great add. Who knows what we will get out out Barron. Blais a good add, Rooney is serviceable.

Miller was half the player the second half, hopefully he figures it out. Nemeth a ok add, Lundkvist hasn't played a minute. Does Trouba step up?

What kind of year does Shesterkin put up, does he stay healthy?

Does Gallant have a magic touch that ignites a fire within that Quinn just couldn't at times?

Could they be a playoff team, possibly, I hardly think it's a given. I sure hope they are.

We’re really kinda set in the Top-6. Obviously, the potential of an Eichel deal exists. But, we currently have a Top-6 that includes:

-an MVP candidate

-a 40-50 goal scorer

-a #1 overall draft pick dubbed a phenom

-a #2 overall pick

And that’s without mentioning Strome and Kravtsov and their credentials.

For the first time in awhile, the Rangers should be the apple of everyone’s eye. Our problem has never been scoring goals. As listed above, we have the talent to do that with any team in this league. Their problem has been being able to score dirty goals in tight games. And honestly, I like the transformation of this bottom-6. It went from barely-AHL-level to having some good experience, good grit and good depth.

To be perfectly honest, on paper, this team looks solid.

Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov

Goodrow-Chytil-Kakko

Barron-Rooney-Blais

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Nemeth-Lundkvist

Tinordi

Shesterkin

Kinkaid

The only question mark I have is Chytil, and we can address that at the deadline this year if he makes no progress. But yeah, I'm totally good with this squad and I think Drury added some depth guys that will help out in case of injury.

If Eichel happens and Strome is dealt, that certainly changes things too. If they do get Eichel without dealing Strome, then you can put him with Goodrow and Kakko and Zib and Eichel would make a fantastic one-two punch down the middle. Also, I think Shesterkin has to show he can be more consistent and really nail down that number one spot. I like him, and think he can do it, but we have to see it.