• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

TBL Re-Sign Brayden Point to 8-Year/$76M Extension; $9.5M AAV

I think we are heading into an era when a lot of teams look like Toronto, with $40m tied up in four players and a rotating cast rounding out the roster.

It will be interesting to see how things go for Tampa next year with the cornerstones still there but a good bit of the supporting crew gone.

i just never looked at him as a star player. $9.5M is star money

$11M and above is star money i.e. McDavid, Panarin, Draisatl, Matthews etc. $9.5M kinds puts him in that 2nd tier (top 10) below the franchise players, and he's a playoff beast, so in that regard I'd say the AAV is fair.

He's worth every penny of that. I'd rather have him than anyone on our roster, Panarin included

Might be the best contract in the league. There's literally nothing he doesn't do exceptionally well. He's one of those rare breeds to literally appeals to pure eye test folks and chart boys alike.

Might be the best contract in the league. There's literally nothing he doesn't do exceptionally well. He's one of those rare breeds to literally appeals to pure eye test folks and chart boys alike.

Ink hasn't dried yet and I agree. PPG center who is an animal in the playoffs. I'd personally give him a "Panarin contract" without much of a second thought. Given no income tax, this essentially is a Panarin contract down there though.

MacKinnon is the best contract. He's losing crazy money.

This is just straight up good for the team and player.

Just saying that i never looked at him as a star, more like $6-7M solid NHLer. Guess his playoff performance gets him extra, which is fine

Man you need to watch more TBL then. Point is amazing. Like Phil said, he does everything at an elite level.

28 goals, 56 points in 46 playoff games in the b2b SC-wins. That's fucking superstar HOF'er stats.