• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jarred Tinordi to 2-Year/$1.8M Contract; $900k AAV

Isn't worth overreacting to unless Gallant thinks he can play every day.

He's a 7th D that's going to get cycled in.

Nemeth should already be the 7th... Now they just signed a worse Nemeth. I don't care, really, but I'm also not going to pretend like he's a good player.

Nemeth should already be the 7th... Now they just signed a worse Nemeth. I don't care, really, but I'm also not going to pretend like he's a good player.

Don't see the harm in shuttling him back and forth between the AHL(or the press box) to play 10-15 games a year to keep the Tom Wilson's of the league as the 6th defenseman/designated face puncher in those games. For essentially the cost of a roster spot this almost an insurance policy.

Nah, Nemeth is gonna play. They dont pay a dude 2.5m for 3 years to watch the games on TV.

You sign a guy thats not really good, but has a "use case" to a league minimum to be 7/8th D. Most likely it will be Jones and Tinordi as the 7th and 8th D. Jones is a small, puck-moving rookie so it makes sense that the other dude is an experienced 6'6 face puncher.

He's not a good player. He's also a 0 cap hit if he doesn't make the team, and has a very, very clear purpose.

Rotate him in as necessary. Shelter him when he's in. I don't understand why you have him aside from punching Tom Wilson in the face, but there's no harm either way.

Don't see the harm in shuttling him back and forth between the AHL(or the press box) to play 10-15 games a year to keep the Tom Wilson's of the league as the 6th defenseman/designated face puncher in those games. For essentially the cost of a roster spot this almost an insurance policy.
True.
Nah, Nemeth is gonna play. They dont pay a dude 2.5m for 3 years to watch the games on TV.

You sign a guy thats not really good, but has a "use case" to a league minimum to be 7/8th D. Most likely it will be Jones and Tinordi as the 7th and 8th D. Jones is a small, puck-moving rookie so it makes sense that the other dude is an experienced 6'6 face puncher.

I know he'll play... But he maybe shouldn't ...