• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MTL Draft Controversial Prospect, Logan Mailloux

Keirik

its not too far off. i mean, she didn't consent to these images being shared. Don't minimize what he did. Of course there is always nuance and some crimes are always worse than others but to frame this as a 'well at least it wasn't rape' makes it seem like this is a normal thing that people just do and we should get over it. We shouldn't

thats a crazy statement. you're diminishing rape as an act of violence.

its not too far off. i mean, she didn't consent to these images being shared. Don't minimize what he did. Of course there is always nuance and some crimes are always worse than others but to frame this as a 'well at least it wasn't rape' makes it seem like this is a normal thing that people just do and we should get over it. We shouldn't

That's not rape. It's an invasion of privacy, and what he was convicted of. The fact that it was of sexual nature doesn't make it rape. Rape is an nonconsensual sexual act. A photo isn't a sexual act.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape

Frankly, victims of violent rape might have an opinion on this being called rape.

What he did is the 2021 version of "she blew me". Did you ever tell a friend that a girl blew you? Is that a crime? Where's the line?

what he was convicted of is irrelevant to me

of course rape itself is a very violent crime and this wasn't violent. But it's one person completely taking away someone's bodily autonomy. Can we at least agree on the super obvious point that this isn't just some dumb teen mistake that isn't a big deal? i mean holy shit am I taking crazy pills? we all did dumb shit as kids. I hope nobody here ever did this to anyone.

That's not rape. It's an invasion of privacy, and what he was convicted of. The fact that it was of sexual nature doesn't make it rape. Rape is an nonconsensual sexual act. A photo isn't a sexual act.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape

Frankly, victims of violent rape might have an opinion on this being called rape.

What he did is the 2021 version of "she blew me". Did you ever tell a friend that a girl blew you? Is that a crime? Where's the line?

yes, and got my ass kicked by her boyfriend ...lol

People took nude pictures of me, Greco Roman wrestling a friend, also nude, and shared them with the whole school, it was embarrassing for me, but also hilarious, and I haven't really thought about it again, until now.

People took nude pictures of me, Greco Roman wrestling a friend, also nude, and shared them with the whole school, it was embarrassing for me, but also hilarious, and I haven't really thought about it again, until now.

Will keep this in mind for the next Spitlight event.

I dunno, I should have felt shame, especially considering what I'm packing, but shit like that happened all the time, to lots of people. Similar to streaking, whatever. It was funny, we all laughed, and we're all OK. I can try to find the pictures, if everybody wants.

I dunno, I should have felt shame, especially considering what I'm packing, but shit like that happened all the time, to lots of people. Similar to streaking, whatever. It was funny, we all laughed, and we're all OK. I can try to find the pictures, if everybody wants.

no thanks.

I've actually been involved in a similar case. I was 18, the girl(s) was 16/17.

It was a party going too far and things ended up getting filmed. None of the girls said anything at the moment, clearly knowing that things were filmed (with flashlight in a dark room).

The videos got sent around and one of the girls (that had a boyfriend at the time) regret what she did that night and claimed she was "too drunk to remember anything". She went to the police weeks after the incident and reported it as rape, eventhough it was clearly no rape. The videos showed it and her friends testified against it.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I just want to say that there's a HUGE difference between a video (even if the girl claim she didn't consent to the videos being taken/sent) and rape and its important to remember that. There's no nuances with rape.

Oh, and ruining a boys career and future over this is very extreme. He will be punished, people will remember what he did, but man has this been blown out of proportion. I don't know about you old heads, but this is pretty "normal" nowadays (no, im not trying to justify it, im just saying it happens WAY more often than people think). You should obviously be punished for it, but not get your life ended.

Cancel culture bro. The kid paid the price for a dumb mistake he made, but you'll always have Twitter warriors, who live perfect lives, complaining about it in perpetuity

I wouldn't necessarily call it cancel culture in this instance. Yeah he screwed up. Does this kinda shit happen all the time and largely goes unrecognized because it's not a pro athlete involved? Of course, but that doesn't make it right. The Canadiens created bit of a PR disaster for themselves by drafting him and thus giving the perception (albeit slight) that his past actions were being condoned, which in this day and age of extreme scrutiny just wasn't going to slide.

I know it's hard to get through the clutter and the "let it go" versus "cancel him!" sides, but nobody has said to end this guy's career and future. Pretty much everyone has agreed to the middle ground of rehabilitation and remorse. I think that's where Molson's statement is going with this, after all of the backlash from the "let it go" approach brought (fairly). It's a fucked up order of events, but Montreal finally got there. It's a problem they had to do it this way in the first place, and that's the fault of Montreal and the NHL. But we did get there, and it's a step in the right direction.

what he was convicted of is irrelevant to me

of course rape itself is a very violent crime and this wasn't violent. But it's one person completely taking away someone's bodily autonomy. Can we at least agree on the super obvious point that this isn't just some dumb teen mistake that isn't a big deal? i mean holy shit am I taking crazy pills? we all did dumb shit as kids. I hope nobody here ever did this to anyone.

How's it different than telling a friend a girl blew you?

It's not taking away anyone's bodily anything...Her body was consented to. The pic wasn't. You're trying to make them the same, but they aren't.

If you can't tell the difference between telling a friend a girl blew you and taking pictures of a girl blowing you without her consent and sharing it, again without her consent, than this convo isn't worth having.

No, that's a copout. Tell me what the difference is. It's OK to say a girl blew you, bit not OK to show it? If neither is OK, did you ever tell a friend about your experiences? Should you apologize to those women? Should we tell your employer?

No, that's a copout. Tell me what the difference is. It's OK to say a girl blew you, bit not OK to show it? If neither is OK, did you ever tell a friend about your experiences? Should you apologize to those women? Should we tell your employer?

I kinda assumed this was common knowledge that you shouldn't show videos/pictures of people performing sexual acts that you took without their consent. i bet you thought that was a clever line though?

its not a copout, its a disgusting line of thought and Im going to not engage with it anymore. Start spreading a video of you and your wife and have her find out about it and see how she reacts. im sure saying 'whats the big deal its just like telling my friends we have sex' will go over well

I kinda assumed this was common knowledge that you shouldn't show videos/pictures of people performing sexual acts that you took without their consent. i bet you thought that was a clever line though?
I'll ignore your snarky ending and just point out that you didn't answer. You're dodging. It's OK to talk about it, then?

its not a copout, its a disgusting line of thought and Im going to not engage with it anymore. Start spreading a video of you and your wife and have her find out about it and see how she reacts. im sure saying 'whats the big deal its just like telling my friends we have sex' will go over well
That's not even close to apple to apples, but I'm just going to respect that you're not going to continue, but it's because you don't have an answer and not because it's disgusting.

I can make it clearer for you if you need. Yes "It's OK to say a girl blew you, bit not OK to show it"

its exactly apples to apples.

like you asked " How's it different than telling a friend a girl blew you?" so im asking you to actually think about the results of what would happened if you did just that.

'Its fine to spread a video of you getting a blowjob that the girl didn't know you took is the same as telling your buddies you got a beej' is one of the worst takes ive ever read here

• Like 1

PM me