• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CAR Sign Tony DeAngelo to 1-Year/$1M Contract

Phil

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still going to be shocked if this is done on day 1.

And I have to imagine that management had discussed Tony with former teammates that are in Carolina, Fast and pylon.

"Pylon"=Skjei??? :rofl:

I love it!!!

I'm still going to be shocked if this is done on day 1.

And I have to imagine that management had discussed Tony with former teammates that are in Carolina, Fast and pylon.

Right, and they'll probably answer in the affirmative, as he was a popular teammate, despite what others would have you think.

Right, and they'll probably answer in the affirmative, as he was a popular teammate, despite what others would have you think.

Correct. His issues were cumulative and became a PR nightmare with him going at fans on Twitter. The Geo thing was a one-off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Correct. His issues were cumulative and became a PR nightmare with him going at fans on Twitter. The Geo thing was a one-off.

He asked for it though. I appreciate candor as much as the next person, but the guy just had no filter when it came to social media and actually seemed to enjoy playing the heel role and engaging with people online. As a pro athlete you have to hold yourself to a different standard, or pay the consequences I guess.

He asked for it though. I appreciate candor as much as the next person, but the guy just had no filter when it came to social media and actually seemed to enjoy playing the heel role and engaging with people online. As a pro athlete you have to hold yourself to a different standard, or pay the consequences I guess.

Right. I was just saying to someone off the board, if the GM/team aren't going to tell him, expressly, no social media, if I were his agent I would. "This is very likely your last NHL contract if fuck this up like you fucked up the last one. You need to choose — do you want to be an NHL player and maximize your earnings, or do you want to be a conservative/MAGA provocateur? You can't be both. If it's hockey, get rid of Twitter, and lose the fucking podcast. Save that shit for your post-playing career."

Right. I was just saying to someone off the board, if the GM/team aren't going to tell him, expressly, no social media, if I were his agent I would. "This is very likely your last NHL contract if fuck this up like you fucked up the last one. You need to choose — do you want to be an NHL player and maximize your earnings, or do you want to be a conservative/MAGA provocateur? You can't be both. If it's hockey, get rid of Twitter, and lose the fucking podcast. Save that shit for your post-playing career."

The problem is folks like ADA don't think they fucked up. He "got over" because he got bought out, and he didn't do anything, it was all Quinn and Gortons and Geo for fucking him up.

Total victim mindset.

The problem is folks like ADA don't think they fucked up. He "got over" because he got bought out, and he didn't do anything, it was all Quinn and Gortons and Geo for fucking him up.

Total victim mindset.

He's free to think what he wants. Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences.

My guess is this is very much his last chance. Straighten out and play the game.

This Reddit thread on the Canes subreddit was entertaining as fuck. Reddit users may even top out Twitter users

One of the triggered mods there banned an official Canes social media account from the subreddit over the signing :rofl:

Why don't you use your "w41twh4t" handle here? [emoji38]

This Reddit thread on the Canes subreddit was entertaining as fuck. Reddit users may even top out Twitter users

One of the triggered mods there banned an official Canes social media account from the subreddit over the signing :rofl:

Ok that’s actually gold lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk